inTank Media Baskets

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

The wise words of the lawnman :)

My tank is slowly becoming a anemone softy tank. Need to get rid of the handful of chalices I still have before they go downhill to. Seems like when I do get time to test I am to tired lol
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tank is slowly becoming a anemone softy tank. Need to get rid of the handful of chalices I still have before they go downhill to. Seems like when I do get time to test I am to tired lol

Softy? I've got a shroom for you :)

16649264684_fe0ca7f7d3_b.jpg

16651491603_f8fe0207df_b.jpg

And some other pics from tonight

17085513649_4157ebe7c9_b.jpg

17271203181_c241298489_b.jpg

Grabbed this from the frag meet today

16649269134_8501cf3ddd_b.jpg

17084175970_1689da87fd_b.jpg

17271201911_0be097402f_b.jpg

17271198961_50d3e2d3e1_b.jpg

Anybody looking for a gold torch. Mines getting too big!

17269919352_7174e71793_b.jpg

17271705055_d0c715d715_b.jpg

17269916932_2439824027_b.jpg

17083938168_ec50d65a1a_b.jpg

Sticks don't look brown under all blues! I know you can't see shit in these, that's the point :lol:

16651485363_4bc97d033b_b.jpg

16649259544_f8d815bbbe_b.jpg

17271702815_2f91b7c88a_b.jpg

tdannhauser30

Clicked on this cuz I saw The most recent post said rainbow torch lol. All I can say is wow. This last page has so many beautiful pieces. Just about all of which would be showpieces in my tank lol. Congrats to you sir those are beautiful, looking at the rest of your thread now!! When you say frag meet do you mean like a local group or a big frag swap. the reason I ask is because we just had a frag swap here in Buffalo and was wondering if your local to me.

Clicked on this cuz I saw The most recent post said rainbow torch lol. All I can say is wow. This last page has so many beautiful pieces. Just about all of which would be showpieces in my tank lol. Congrats to you sir those are beautiful, looking at the rest of your thread now!! When you say frag meet do you mean like a local group or a big frag swap. the reason I ask is because we just had a frag swap here in Buffalo and was wondering if your local to me.

Thank you. It was the "local" frag meet for middle Tennessee. Probably had about 20 vendors ranging from local guys to well knows like Jason fox. I'm located in Nashville TN.

Some awesome looking pieces!

Thanks!

Weasel Baron

Another SPS losing tissue. This tank isn't meant for sps apparently :(

so frustrating, there arent too many feelings as bad as the one you get when you spot an area going STN

Couldn't agree more! Definitely a "well what now" moment.

In other tank news, my tank isn't consuming any alkalinity. Been testing since water change on Thursday of last week and it hasn't budged. Not sure whay to make of that

Couldn't agree more! Definitely a "well what now" moment.

In other tank news, my tank isn't consuming any alkalinity. Been testing since water change on Thursday of last week and it hasn't budged. Not sure whay to make of that

......just when you think you've got them figured out.

Weasel Baron

I havent updated myself on all of your thread, but went a few pages back. If I had to guess I'd say alk was your culprit, it has always been the problem in my tanks. Does it swing between day and night measurements? jumping from 8 to 5 in the span of a few days is pretty drastic.

can you get an excel sheet or something going with Mg, Ca, salinity, and Alk daily values? Ive found thats the only way for me to really visualize shifting levels

may want to consider dosing your top-off water w/ lime or baking soda. just enough to get it up to a dkh of 8 or 9.

also, you keep your house closed up and AC'd? hows your pH, does it drop pretty drastically? ever consider running an airline from your protein skimmer to outside? Im in miami and considering doing that or getting a CO2 scrubber

I havent updated myself on all of your thread, but went a few pages back. If I had to guess I'd say alk was your culprit, it has always been the problem in my tanks. Does it swing between day and night measurements? jumping from 8 to 5 in the span of a few days is pretty drastic.

can you get an excel sheet or something going with Mg, Ca, salinity, and Alk daily values? Ive found thats the only way for me to really visualize shifting levels

may want to consider dosing your top-off water w/ lime or baking soda. just enough to get it up to a dkh of 8 or 9.

also, you keep your house closed up and AC'd? hows your pH, does it drop pretty drastically? ever consider running an airline from your protein skimmer to outside? Im in miami and considering doing that or getting a CO2 scrubber

Yea my goal right now is to get alk stable. It was dripping about .3dkh a day the entire week I first began testing, but hasn't budged since then. Haven't looked at ph but I do keep windows closed and AC on almost all the time.

Where's the Kat?

Curiosity got the best of it? Or I killed it :( my tank doesn't like sps as I'm finding out
Weasel Baron

Yea my goal right now is to get alk stable. It was dripping about .3dkh a day the entire week I first began testing, but hasn't budged since then. Haven't looked at ph but I do keep windows closed and AC on almost all the time. Curiosity got the best of it? Or I killed it :( my tank doesn't like sps as I'm finding out

I just ran a 1/4" tube from my protein skimmer through a hole i put in the wall a few hours ago and its already showing good results. Ill keep a log over in my tank thread, but aside from Alk, its something to consider. I never had the pH issue when I was in LA because i skipped the whole AC thing and just kept the windows open... cant do that in miami unless you want to live in a sauna

Double check your test kit, or get another Salifert kit. Pretty rare for Alk not to fall at all. :)

Weasel Baron

whats the news, mang? still battling alk issues?

that airline to the outside was like a d@mn magic button, it has solved all my STN/bleacing issues to date. Have you checked pH yet?

whats the news, mang? still battling alk issues?

that airline to the outside was like a d@mn magic button, it has solved all my STN/bleacing issues to date. Have you checked pH yet?

Alk still barely being used, not as little as I originally though ( no change at all at first) I picked up some PH testers today so I'll be checking that when I get home. Made a point to open the windows this weekend since the weather was nice though

So just checked ph. Came in at 7.8.

Decided to check nitrates as well. Right around 5-10

Last reading on phosphate was undetectable.

I guess I'm starting to wonder if maybe my tank is too clean

Weasel Baron

So just checked ph. Came in at 7.8.

Decided to check nitrates as well. Right around 5-10

Last reading on phosphate was undetectable.

I guess I'm starting to wonder if maybe my tank is too clean

I'm sure 5-10 is well within a good range. I know its anecdotal, but living in a similar (FL house) situation it might be worth looking into running a CO2 scrubber or an airline from your skimmer to outside.

Archived