Top Shelf Aquatics

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Does that work? I'm trying to lose a few by eating better and have done so for 3 weeks now. I've gained 3 pounds... :'(

I'm sure it's new muscle.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that work? I'm trying to lose a few by eating better and have done so for 3 weeks now. I've gained 3 pounds... :'(

Not sure actually! I'll find out over the next few weeks/months. I recall Lawnman mentioning it before and I think he's done it in the past. Something to do with insulin or glucose levels. Something like that Lawnbro get in here and don't make me a liar by saying you've never heard of such a thing :lol:

Not sure actually! I'll find out over the next few weeks/months. I recall Lawnman mentioning it before and I think he's done it in the past. Something to do with insulin or glucose levels. Something like that Lawnbro get in here and don't make me a liar by saying you've never heard of such a thing :lol:

LoL never heard of such a thing :). Losing weight has to do with food and exercise like everyone says. But what they don't tell you is times to eat. These people put a protein shake or a protein bar in there belly and go work out which is fine if you're bulking up or trying to pack on muscle. The minute you put anything in your stomach other than water your body starts producing insulin. You can not burn fat with elevated insulin levels! So you wake up in the morning and hit the gym or walk whatever you do. Then don't eat anything for 1 1/2 to 2 hours after the workout. You will burn stored carbs aka fat for energy during that workout. Your body continues to burn fat after the workout. So the rule of thumb is never workout if you're trying to lose weight for at least 3-4 hours after you eat. It takes that long for your insulin levels to drop. I paid big money to learn all of this and lose 65 lbs in 8 months. Think I was at 248 when I started and got down to a ripped up 185. I am back to 228 last time I checked :wacko: I need to start eating better myself.

You want to drop some serious lbs Kyle? Wake up every morning and go for a run on a empty stomach. Then drink a gallon of water a day and eat only protein and salads with no carbs. You will be tired as shit but will drop 20lbs in 2 weeks I promise. I have done some serious fasting in my times. I did a 3 day cleanse where I just drank water no food. That one was rough but once I ate on the 4th day I felt awesome.

It's really simple carbs make us fat. It's called spillover you eat more carbs than we burn in a day and it spills over adding lbs. Reduce or eliminate carbs add a little exercise and plenty of water and the lbs will melt away.

Weasel Baron

it works, but like any other diet it works best when you combine it w/ a solid workout schedule. compound lifts, none of that silly 2hrs walking on the elliptical stuff

IF is brutal on your energy levels at first, and if you have any more than 500cal between your designated meal time, it can really mess w/ your energy as well. When I was doing it I found myself drinking upwards of a gallon of water a day to stave off the hunger

also look up "bulletproof coffee," it helps w/ the hunger associated w/ IF as well

LoL never heard of such a thing :). Losing weight has to do with food and exercise like everyone says. But what they don't tell you is times to eat. These people put a protein shake or a protein bar in there belly and go work out which is fine if you're bulking up or trying to pack on muscle. The minute you put anything in your stomach other than water your body starts producing insulin. You can not burn fat with elevated insulin levels! So you wake up in the morning and hit the gym or walk whatever you do. Then don't eat anything for 1 1/2 to 2 hours after the workout. You will burn stored carbs aka fat for energy during that workout. Your body continues to burn fat after the workout. So the rule of thumb is never workout if you're trying to lose weight for at least 3-4 hours after you eat. It takes that long for your insulin levels to drop. I paid big money to learn all of this and lose 65 lbs in 8 months. Think I was at 248 when I started and got down to a ripped up 185. I am back to 228 last time I checked :wacko: I need to start eating better myself. You want to drop some serious lbs Kyle? Wake up every morning and go for a run on a empty stomach. Then drink a gallon of water a day and eat only protein and salads with no carbs. You will be tired as shit but will drop 20lbs in 2 weeks I promise. I have done some serious fasting in my times. I did a 3 day cleanse where I just drank water no food. That one was rough but once I ate on the 4th day I felt awesome. It's really simple carbs make us fat. It's called spillover you eat more carbs than we burn in a day and it spills over adding lbs. Reduce or eliminate carbs add a little exercise and plenty of water and the lbs will melt away.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks buddy :)

it works, but like any other diet it works best when you combine it w/ a solid workout schedule. compound lifts, none of that silly 2hrs walking on the elliptical stuff

IF is brutal on your energy levels at first, and if you have any more than 500cal between your designated meal time, it can really mess w/ your energy as well. When I was doing it I found myself drinking upwards of a gallon of water a day to stave off the hunger

also look up "bulletproof coffee," it helps w/ the hunger associated w/ IF as well

Bulletproof coffee. Now that's some interesting stuff. Recently read an article about a guy in California drinking it and starting an entire business around it. Along with other substances he claims he lives off something like 4 hours of sleep and has never felt better. Interesting for sure

Weasel Baron

Bulletproof coffee. Now that's some interesting stuff. Recently read an article about a guy in California drinking it and starting an entire business around it. Along with other substances he claims he lives off something like 4 hours of sleep and has never felt better. Interesting for sure

I wouldnt recommend the 4hrs of sleep part (no better way to gain weight than lack of sleep, IMO), but the bulletproof coffee really does help w/ hunger, and makes you feel fantastic. I should note I was mostly using IF during a bulk, but Im sure it would be just as effective in weight loss if you adjust the calories

Nanofreak79

No, the red ones are the ones you want to keep in check. I bought a melanarus wrasse to keep flat worms and even nudis in check. He'll eat my snails if there small enough, newest one ate my sexy shrimp to. Anyway, I wouldn't trip out about them. I use to use a piece of rigid tubing and airline to suck then out during a water change.......that's when I had the red ones. I hAve the same ones you do, or did till I got the wrasse.

Going good. Been way too busy. Getting my fat ass on a diet plan this week :lol: Let my weight drift a bit too high for my liking. Gonna try an intermittent fasting diet. I think you've mentioned them before. Basically no food from 8pm to 10am the next day.

I.F. works and works very well. Any 2 days of the week (not 2 straight days) you don't eat for 8-10 waking hours and 600 calories the rest of the day. My dad eats egg whites with veggies in the morning with black coffee, then 8 hours later he has broccoli or cauliflower, lentils and salad for a total calorie intake that day of 600.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks buddy :)

My whole foods now makes butter coffee in the fresh coffee bar.

Nanofreak79

Just drink coke zero, eat nothing, but maybe a PBJ........this is my plan! Oh, and make a dentist appointment from drinking all pop. I also drink one bottle of water a day.

Is that a wellso pictured? Looks pretty sick, even better under LEDs.

Just drink coke zero, eat nothing, but maybe a PBJ........this is my plan! Oh, and make a dentist appointment from drinking all pop. I also drink one bottle of water a day.

Is that a wellso pictured? Looks pretty sick, even better under LEDs.

:lol:

I.F. works and works very well. Any 2 days of the week (not 2 straight days) you don't eat for 8-10 waking hours and 600 calories the rest of the day. My dad eats egg whites with veggies in the morning with black coffee, then 8 hours later he has broccoli or cauliflower, lentils and salad for a total calorie intake that day of 600.

600 calories a day is freaking rough! I would rather eat 4000 calories of protein and veggies and be happy :)

600 calories a day is freaking rough! I would rather eat 4000 calories of protein and veggies and be happy :)

IT is extremely tough. but it gets better with each progressive week.

4000 calories will add on the weight unless you burn 4000+, it's not only about the kinds of calories you eat but the totals too.

No it doesn't :lol: I get angry when I am hungry.

yup

Nanofreak79

Does the butter coffee come in stick form like butter, or is it buttery smoothness? I love me some coffee, never black, always sugar and creamer. Making some now in the press.

I deleted my post. Easier to just let people figure weight loss out on there own than to explain calories and start a debate.

I will be doing a weight loss log in my thread in the next week or so with what I eat and what I do.

No it doesn't :lol: I get angry when I am hungry.

OMG! You're dieting AND quitting smoking at the same time? Are you insane?

Lawn, I shared your post with my dad, about exercise on an empty stomach. He was asking if black coffee or green tea would also start insulin production or would that be okay to drink in the morning.

This, eat a lot, work a lot. If I don't drink or eat for too long I go insane.

Lawn, I shared your post with my dad, about exercise on an empty stomach. He was asking if black coffee or green tea would also start insulin production or would that be okay to drink in the morning.

That has been the big question from many people for years. I have read many articles and from what I understand if has caffeine then it starts insulin production.

That has been the big question from many people for years. I have read many articles and from what I understand if has caffeine then it starts insulin production.

Well now I wanna know what that post said... :(

Does the butter coffee come in stick form like butter, or is it buttery smoothness? I love me some coffee, never black, always sugar and creamer. Making some now in the press.

I haven't had it but my brother (who sometimes makes butter coffee at home) said it's a blended coffee, they mix organic coconut oil, butter, fresh brewed espresso i think and there you have it. You're supposed to have it just like that, my brother does (he doesn't take sugar in his coffee to begin with) but I need some sugar.

I deleted my post. Easier to just let people figure weight loss out on there own than to explain calories and start a debate.

I will be doing a weight loss log in my thread in the next week or so with what I eat and what I do.

Well. You inspired me with possibilities. I just got off the spin bike. Hadn't been on it this year so far. So I got up, got my sneakers on, music in my ears and got on the bike in my pajamas. :wacko:

Thanks Lawn. ;)

Archived