Innovative Marine Aquariums

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Might need to nap the puppy. Or the corals. Or both.

Puppy learned how to open her crate door today while I"m at work. You can have her for the moment

Can't wait to see what that rainbow chalice does. Nice new corals even the sticks look nice :rolleyes:

Don't you worry sticks won't look nice in a few weeks. I can feel it

Lepto is bomb and the convict was the one I really like.

Thanks. Convicts are just sweet chalices

Very nice pieces...Are zoas the last pic?

Thanks! last pic is actually a lepastrea (spelling?)

If I can get lightroom to cooperate, I'll be uploading some new pics in a moment :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized how badly the color came out on these. That's what I get for messing with the LED to take pictures when I should've just left it since I"m used to adjusting accordingly. Oh well, without further ado:

Start with some z/p's

19086103903_820d4f6bb6_c.jpg

19518980508_570bb8b455_c.jpg

19520392549_287105112e_c.jpg

19680811986_9563661970_c.jpg

Some LPS love

19520397489_62f5babb22_c.jpg

19711579371_c76a76a205_c.jpg

Mush

19086096433_26fa213069_c.jpg

19086098143_5079209373_c.jpg

^^^Man I love that shroom^^^

And this guy is taking over the frag rack

19084439104_1cfbc368cf_c.jpg

So I'm pretty sure my tank is diseased. Or just my tank maintenance. Just realized the two head candy cane frag I got from Glenn who knows how long ago is still 2 heads. I need to look and see how long I've actually had it

Edit: got it last July.

Not diseased! Just deprived! Stick deprived to be exact! But no worries we're fixing that shit soon! It's an all too well known fact. A tank with with too few stickigh is a very unbalanced sad/borderline suicidal tank. Your tank is contemplating jumping atm :o But have no fear! Some hot stickigh is near :D We caught this just in time :)

What up Kyle? How is the tank and the pup today?

Just got off work. Welcome to the weekend. Tank is dirty. Haven't changed water in probably two weeks. Wanting something bigger than the cube. Pup is good. Had to literally put a lock on her crate when we're at work since she figured out how to open it. Luckily she sleeps through the night and is getting better about asking to go out.

In other news. Just got tracking update on box from Zia. Damn thing weighs 10lbs. What did you put in that box Zia?!?

Just got off work. Welcome to the weekend. Tank is dirty. Haven't changed water in probably two weeks. Wanting something bigger than the cube. Pup is good. Had to literally put a lock on her crate when we're at work since she figured out how to open it. Luckily she sleeps through the night and is getting better about asking to go out.

In other news. Just got tracking update on box from Zia. Damn thing weighs 10lbs. What did you put in that box Zia?!?

Something bigger than the cube? I got tracking today as well mine weighs 10lbs as well :lol:

Something bigger than the cube? I got tracking today as well mine weighs 10lbs as well :lol:

apparently I can't go a year without wanting a bigger tank. Started this one last October :lol: either that or new rock. I hate my scape. I had an idea in my head, and never put it together so now I just have rocks thrown around is a semi arch/multiple piles. Or at least that's how I see it!

Mine only weighs 9 pounds.......:(

It's not the size that matters? :wacko::lol:

Nanofreak79

My box was pulling a scared turtle. I think you should make a rock design and cure it, put it in the tank. Maybe doing that will give you some reason to not upgrade!

I like my 68, but it's out of room for my zoa collection. I've got cadlight having me do a review on there new tank. It should arrive next week. I'll be using that for zoanthids only.

apparently I can't go a year without wanting a bigger tank. Started this one last October :lol: either that or new rock. I hate my scape. I had an idea in my head, and never put it together so now I just have rocks thrown around is a semi arch/multiple piles. Or at least that's how I see it!

It's not the size that matters? :wacko::lol:

I can't either lol. My current tank was set up Dec 20th hoping to keep it up :lol: my cycle is almost done looking forward to not having bubble algae anymore.

My box was pulling a scared turtle. I think you should make a rock design and cure it, put it in the tank. Maybe doing that will give you some reason to not upgrade!

I like my 68, but it's out of room for my zoa collection. I've got cadlight having me do a review on there new tank. It should arrive next week. I'll be using that for zoanthids only.

Don't think I've got room in the apartment to make an entire rock structure and cure it outside the tank. Oh maybe that's my problem. Too many corals no room to let them grow out!

I can't either lol. My current tank was set up Dec 20th hoping to keep it up :lol: my cycle is almost done looking forward to not having bubble algae anymore.

Oophf there's that thing about bubble algae as well

Lawn you have a new tank?

ow no I have been dealing with bubble algae and hydroids for some time. So I put all my corals and fish in a temporary tank. Took all my rock and tossed it in the trash. Soaked my entire tank down with peroxide and scrubbed it all. Then I restarted it all with new dry rock and Dr Tim's one and only.

Don't think I've got room in the apartment to make an entire rock structure and cure it outside the tank. Oh maybe that's my problem. Too many corals no room to let them grow out!

Oophf there's that thing about bubble algae as well

I think you gave me bubble algae :lol: that's my story and i am sticking to it.

ow no I have been dealing with bubble algae and hydroids for some time. So I put all my corals and fish in a temporary tank. Took all my rock and tossed it in the trash. Soaked my entire tank down with peroxide and scrubbed it all. Then I restarted it all with new dry rock and Dr Tim's one and only. I think you gave me bubble algae :lol: that's my story and i am sticking to it.

Planet zoa gave me bubble algae. So they gave you bubble algae :)

Planet zoa gave me bubble algae. So they gave you bubble algae :)

:lol: I am dipping all my frag plugs in peroxide before putting them back in the tank. Any new frags that come in on plugs will get popped off and dipped as well.

I wanna say RR fallen horizon lepto.... I think?

That's pretty badass!

I know you're a total horder like Lawn.....but if you ever need to frag some stuff.....I'll have a tank to stock a bit in the near future.

Or, you can tell me to GFY.....II'll understand. :^ )

That's pretty badass!

I know you're a total horder like Lawn.....but if you ever need to frag some stuff.....I'll have a tank to stock a bit in the near future.

Or, you can tell me to GFY.....II'll understand. :^ )

I'd love to be able to. Dirty secret of my tank is I've had a ton of shit die rather than grow. Then I just replace it and don't find out why it died. The more I think about it the worse I realize it has been. If stuff grew I'd totally frag it and send some your way. Its been better lately but I've lost so much coral I don't even want to think about how much $$$ down the drain.

Nanofreak79

I hear ya! I think about what I've lost, and it sucks. My z and p game is finally doing good and things are growing well in my new tank. I can't wait to see Zias box I need some spa to fill out the top of my tank. I'll see how they do color and growth wise.

I'd love to be able to. Dirty secret of my tank is I've had a ton of shit die rather than grow. Then I just replace it and don't find out why it died. The more I think about it the worse I realize it has been. If stuff grew I'd totally frag it and send some your way. Its been better lately but I've lost so much coral I don't even want to think about how much $$$ down the drain.

You switched tanks back awhile ago, right?

Wasn't everything growing well before that?

Don't add up the losses............... :wacko:

I hear ya! I think about what I've lost, and it sucks. My z and p game is finally doing good and things are growing well in my new tank. I can't wait to see Zias box I need some spa to fill out the top of my tank. I'll see how they do color and growth wise.

Yep pretty excited to see what that box holds tomorrow.

You switched tanks back awhile ago, right?

Wasn't everything growing well before that?

Don't add up the losses............... :wacko:

I wouldn't dare add up the losses. Probably cry thinking about it :lol:

Switched tanks about a year ago, I think. Started the cube in August 2014 I believe and combined the two tanks around October 2014. But I then moved this tank in February of this year. Never have had that much growth across either of the tanks, but I do think it's been worse in this one.

Probably should hang that nanobox hybrid to get a better light over this thing. :wacko: Existing nanobox is awesome but I do think it's a bit undersized for my tank.

Hybrid all the way. I added just two T5's to the razor and I thank that for my good growth.

I know I should. I'm just pulling a Jack and not finishing the project

Archived