ReefCleaners.org

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks buddy :D. I'm glad my struggle was enough to keep you going. GHA is never fun to tackle but if you put in the hard yards you reap the rewards later on. Like I said in my previous post, everything is looking great over here so you must have pulled through just fine ;).
Yep, everything is on a slow recovery. Been running heavy on the GFO which caused a few coral deaths....but, I can live with that. However, as soon as I relax on the GFO....GHA comes right back. I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before it doesn't ......

Overdue for some new tank pics me thinks :)
Overdue on my custom "Dickmark" card as well....me thinks.

Overdue on my custom "Dickmark" card as well....me thinks.

I don't have my card making software on my phone anymore got a new one a couple weeks ago :(

Yep, everything is on a slow recovery. Been running heavy on the GFO which caused a few coral deaths....but, I can live with that. However, as soon as I relax on the GFO....GHA comes right back. I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before it doesn't ......

Have you cut back your light cycle and feeding? It could be that your rock is leaching phosphates that is fueling the GHA also. Some of my LPS didn't like the introduction of GFO and my SPS were annoyed for a few days but after that things went well. That is until I stripped too much nutrients from the water and the corals were pissed at me. I skim heavy and use GFO 24/7 so I just feed heavy to keep the balance haha.

I don't have my card making software on my phone anymore got a new one a couple weeks ago :(
That's no problem. She'd love a home made one...they mean so much more. Just sketch one out...post it here for me to copy, paste, print. Done.

Have you cut back your light cycle and feeding? It could be that your rock is leaching phosphates that is fueling the GHA also. Some of my LPS didn't like the introduction of GFO and my SPS were annoyed for a few days but after that things went well. That is until I stripped too much nutrients from the water and the corals were pissed at me. I skim heavy and use GFO 24/7 so I just feed heavy to keep the balance haha.
It has to be this stupid rock. I've always used live rock and never had an issue. This time I went with dry and it's been two years of hell. I feed light, lights are at 8 hour. I run GFO and skim 24/7 as well.-How's the car? You haven't wrapped her around a kangaroo yet, have you?

That's no problem. She'd love a home made one...they mean so much more. Just sketch one out...post it here for me to copy, paste, print. Done.

LOL.... My sketching skills are no bueno. How many years you guys been married.... its anniversary right?

LOL.... My sketching skills are no bueno. How many years you guys been married.... its anniversary right?

Correct. Married 9 years now...crazy. where the F did the time go?

Correct. Married 9 years now...crazy. where the F did the time go?

Front of card.....

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

Inside card....

My balls are too,

So lets screw.

It has to be this stupid rock. I've always used live rock and never had an issue. This time I went with dry and it's been two years of hell. I feed light, lights are at 8 hour. I run GFO and skim 24/7 as well. -How's the car? You haven't wrapped her around a kangaroo yet, have you?

I started with a mix of live and dead rock and I believe that to be the cause of my initial trouble also. I never properly prepared my dead rock so who knows now much Phosphate was in there. I need to add some more to my tank so I'll be buying some acid and cleaning it properly this time around to avoid any albae bloom. Car is going well, only put 5,000Kms (about 3100miles) on her since the middle of February. Nope, avoided all Kangaroos so far ;), have had a couple of close calls on wet roads being an idiot though haha. Planned an intake and exhaust upgrade but spent my cash on a new watch when I went interstate for a weekend with friends. We will see what my tax return brings I guess, although I should be saving for a trip to the US in January 2015.

BattleAthletics

Before I go to bed I'm gonna chug a beer, I haven't had one all day! Finally I'm done with organizing my apex, funny thing is that I have an empty eb8 mounted, I'm planning to do a frag/macro tank on the side and will probably use the rest of the eb8s outlets. I have no reactors going at the present time.

Before I go to bed I'm gonna chug a beer, I haven't had one all day! Finally I'm fine with organizing my apex, funny thing is that I have an empty eb8 mounted, I'm planning to do a frag/macro tank on the side and will probably use the rest of the eb8s outlets. I have no reactors going at the present time.

I've been wanting to get a controller ..... but don't know the first thing about them. Don't need overkill...but don't want to regret going to small either. Thoughts?

Wipe your chin.....use gots some dribbles.

-I should probably use the search function....

BattleAthletics

Apex hands down the best controller. Make sure you get one that you can add modules to later on. Maybe apex lite?

Can also do your MP10 and will monitor temp, pH etc.

What up, Jase?

So....what's the plus side of the mp10 on the controller?

BTW, I like your new signature pic!

I've been wanting to get a controller ..... but don't know the first thing about them. Don't need overkill...but don't want to regret going to small either. Thoughts?

Wipe your chin.....use gots some dribbles.

-I should probably use the search function....

I really like my Reef Angel controller. Its a bit indepth with the coding, but once you get the hang of it (or ask in the RA forum like I did lol) you can do pretty much anything and then some in comparison to other controllers.

Benefit to having the mp10 on a controller is you can program it to change modes/ percentages randomly (or scheduled) instead of staying in one mode unless you push a button/turn the dial it would all be automated. :)

I really like my Reef Angel controller. Its a bit indepth with the coding, but once you get the hang of it (or ask in the RA forum like I did lol) you can do pretty much anything and then some in comparison to other controllers.

Benefit to having the mp10 on a controller is you can program it to change modes/ percentages randomly (or scheduled) instead of staying in one mode unless you push a button/turn the dial it would all be automated. :)

What's up stranger?

Thanks for the info! I like the sounds of switching modes.

How's that superman monti? Pretty sweet, no?

OMG...never seen anything like it before in my life. It's BETTER than sweet. It looks like blue velvet :wub:.

Archived