Cultivated Reef

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Ya, driving down the hwy the other day and felt my tits jigg'ln.....time to shed a few pounds and eat better. Tough on the road though.

Lmao.

I keep trying to follow this thread and it never works.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happydance:

Happy Friday too!!! Are you sipping on whiskey at the fire pit again?

I wish! We have a couple families on the block that are the same age with kids about the same age. So, we take turns watching all the kids so that on set of parents can go out for the night..........I've been watching 5 screaming kids all night....and an infant. Talk about birth control. My hands are shaking........Daddy........needs.......his.............medicine. :scarry:

Lmao. I keep trying to follow this thread and it never works.

It'd be more fun if I posted some pics of the ol' cesspool. I did take some shots of the green blanket it had become. Looking so much better now....minus the remains of the dead scattered about.

I wish! We have a couple families on the block that are the same age with kids about the same age. So, we take turns watching all the kids so that on set of parents can go out for the night..........I've been watching 5 screaming kids all night....and an infant. Talk about birth control. My hands are shaking........Daddy........needs.......his.............medicine. :scarry:

Yikes LOL. Hope you have recovered by now :).

I finally managed to get a better photo of that new critter I had asked about. I believe your initial id was correct, even though he does not seem to move much. Still kinda neat to watch though...

Stupid camera rotates the image… turn your head sideways. :)

post-84098-0-10955000-1397336411_thumb.jpg

Yikes LOL. Hope you have recovered by now :).

:tears: It may take awhile, G.

I finally managed to get a better photo of that new critter I had asked about. I believe your initial id was correct, even though he does not seem to move much. Still kinda neat to watch though...

Stupid camera rotates the image… turn your head sideways. :)

That's a very cool little guy you got there!

My GHA is probably up into the 90% range of being gone! Seriously thinking of removing a 30lb rock on the right (nem island) and using a few smaller pieces of rock for a more open look. Better flow.

1. Concerned on where to put the nem though...and how to remove him.

2. Concerned on removing that large of a piece of bio-filtration.

Thoughts?

Do it! Bust the rock like a boss and put it somewhere where it won't mess with anything ;)

Somewhere else is dry storage..... rubbermade tote-style.

What am I going to drink tonight? I didn't have anything last night so I need to make up for it tonight LOL.

What's your go to drink?

What's for dinner? I am heading to Outback for some red meat :).

I just ate lunch a couple of hours ago. I have no idea what's for dinner :).

What's your go to drink?

Something with rum or vodka :).

What's for dinner? I am heading to Outback for some red meat :).

Just got back from a neighbors B-Day party.....Tri Tip! And booze.

I just ate lunch a couple of hours ago. I have no idea what's for dinner :).

Something with rum or vodka :).

The wifey just had a couple Mojitos. Actually pretty good....I left the man card at the door.

The wifey just had a couple Mojitos. Actually pretty good....I left the man card at the door.

I just drink Long Islands.... thats girly right? I mean it comes with a lemon wedge :)

I just drink Long Islands.... thats girly right? I mean it comes with a lemon wedge :)

I would only say "no", because those things F you up...........and I've been know to drink them.

LOL at the wedge.

Ended up drinking a Moscow Mule :).

LOL, my wife and I were just talking about those a week or so ago.....how'd you like it?

My neighbor is into turn of the century drinks. Had a "stone wall" and an "aviator", pretty good!

Not the way I pour 'em ;)

LOL, my wife and I were just talking about those a week or so ago.....how'd you like it?

My neighbor is into turn of the century drinks. Had a "stone wall" and an "aviator", pretty good!

What's in those drinks?

I'm too lazy to google.

Well, still no pics...but, what else is new fingerscrossed

Tank looked amazingly crystal clear today! Almost every bit of GHA is gone! I can't tell you the last time I saw purple instead of green ;)

Going to try and finish my light hanger by this weekend....a little welding and paint...and somehow squeezing some bolts between the wall and through the flanges to secure it to the stand. Super tight space. I need a midget if anyone can lend a little help.

Also pretty set on removing "nem island" and replacing with a couple of small outcroppings .... we'll see. I am liking the bare bottom look so far. :)

Thanks to all who talked me through ripping this POS down, starting to like it again.......

Not the way I pour 'em ;)

What's in those drinks?

I'm too lazy to google.

Hmmm, well........they tasted good!

I think the Aviation had Gin, some lemon juice, and two other ingredients.

The stone wall or stone fence.......well, it tasted great too!

I was a few drinks in when those came out.

Well, still no pics...but, what else is new fingerscrossed

Tank looked amazingly crystal clear today! Almost every bit of GHA is gone! I can't tell you the last time I saw purple instead of green ;)

Going to try and finish my light hanger by this weekend....a little welding and paint...and somehow squeezing some bolts between the wall and through the flanges to secure it to the stand. Super tight space. I need a midget if anyone can lend a little help.

Also pretty set on removing "nem island" and replacing with a couple of small outcroppings .... we'll see. I am liking the bare bottom look so far. :)

Thanks to all who talked me through ripping this POS down, starting to like it again.......

Congrats buddy!

It is definitely a nice feeling when you can tackle a monster like that and come out on top. I wish the could have been said for my bubble algae dilemma with my 40. Now that the site is up and running, I plan to get started on prepping my tank to be set up again. In related news, my garage has finally stopped smelling like dead fish.:)

After taking down my tank I just left it all in the garage thinking that I would get to it much sooner (then came the honey do list). The smell was quite potent. Some of the LR that was down in my sump was about 15 years old. I've had it for the last 5 years or so, and it came from a tank that was torn down after being up for 10 years. It really sucks to lose so much bio-diversity...I truly despise bubble algae!!

Congrats buddy!

It is definitely a nice feeling when you can tackle a monster like that and come out on top. I wish the could have been said for my bubble algae dilemma with my 40. Now that the site is up and running, I plan to get started on prepping my tank to be set up again. In related news, my garage has finally stopped smelling like dead fish. :)

After taking down my tank I just left it all in the garage thinking that I would get to it much sooner (then came the honey do list). The smell was quite potent. Some of the LR that was down in my sump was about 15 years old. I've had it for the last 5 years or so, and it came from a tank that was torn down after being up for 10 years. It really sucks to lose so much bio-diversity...I truly despise bubble algae!!

I can imagine the smell! Found a 5 gal bucket a year and a half after moving. Popped the lid and realized I forgot one last rock in the move....about gagged me in the summer heat :wacko:

I haven't battled bubble algae yet, never thought of it being a huge threat. What size you going to set up? You know it'll have to be a show stopping representation of CGA ;)

I haven't battled bubble algae yet, never thought of it being a huge threat. What size you going to set up? You know it'll have to be a show stopping representation of CGA ;)

I'm setting up my 40 again. I'll be using all the same equipment but only after it all gets a thorough cleaning, sterilization, and probably cleaned again.

Bubble algae is the worst, IMO. Fortunately this has only happened once, but I would do it again in a heart beat if necessary. A while back I had a zoa colony come in with about 50 small bubbles on it so I tossed it immediately. That rock never even made it into my tank. I'm very serious about pest and nuisance algae eradication, lol.

The "new" 40 will be the CGA display tank, complete with it's own build thread :).

It will surely be nothing less than magical. It will have none other than the nano-reef master of corals, Zia's old ATI fixture above it. Hopefully he will send a little bit of his magic touch down to Tx with the light.

Archived