Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

If you buy the blow yourself it will likely save you even more money.... and they won't have to leave the tank to get their fix. Good thinking man! :)

Ohhh, I get what you mean. Before I get them high (higher than they already will be) I feed them all the Taco Bell they can eat, coke 'em up, and have them get in my tank! Dual power heads!

-can crabs get crabs?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh, I get what you mean. Before I get them high (higher than they already will be) I feed them all the Taco Bell they can eat, coke 'em up, and have them get in my tank! Dual power heads! -can crabs get crabs?

No taco bell, to much you don't want all that co2 they just need some clean Colombian powder.

No but crabs can catch lobster, it aint pretty.

So what return pump you running Jack?

Some cheap piece from an LFS. They're the makers of the Rio pumps....so that's what they sell. 2 years and running strong. Quiet, too.

Did you decide what you're going with?

Some cheap piece from an LFS. They're the makers of the Rio pumps....so that's what they sell. 2 years and running strong. Quiet, too.

Nice.........

Nope still aint decided. I'm not overly fond of any of the options really.... but I doubt anyone is getting on my idea of making a return pump vortech style :( lol

I am leaning towards one of the dc pumps because I don't know how much flow I really want/need and that will be the easiest to get it right where I need/want it...... Its a good thing I don't really need to rush to decide.

You know, I found this thread because of the whole aiptasia battle, but I’ve been sticking around ‘cause of the humor, and info. :) Had some time to waste last night and somehow ended up at the LFS… they don’t have a whole lot for saltwater, but it is the only option here really. While looking at their frag tank, found a little guy that looked pretty cool. The kid working had to call the owner and he told him it was a duncan coral… gave me what I feel is a great price… if that is what it truly is. It was healthy looking as can be and he wanted $15 for it… so, ended up getting it, figure what the hell. So, is this actually a duncan? Horrible picture and he has not fully opened up to what he was like before… but you can kinda get the idea.

post-84098-0-72388900-1397135599_thumb.jpg

Wow, it really does, doesn’t it? If so, I think I got a good deal at $15.99. :) When it opens up, it lays flat on the soil though… will see what it becomes after a couple weeks.

Wow, it really does, doesn’t it? If so, I think I got a good deal at $15.99. :) When it opens up, it lays flat on the soil though… will see what it becomes after a couple weeks.

I think pretty much anything you can find for $15 that isn't xenia, kenya tree, or gsp is a good deal lol But I agree from the pic it looks like a walking dendro.... and a healthy happy one at that. :)

At like 3:30 I ordered a jebao dc-6000.... aka a waveline with different colored plastic.

I will likely give the jebao body a nice coat of silicone or epoxy tho lol

After this addition, my wife pointed out to me not only do we have a lot of red/purple in there, but we also have a lot of green. Seems like I need to find some nice blues to add to the mix now! Suggestions?

In aiptasia news, I’m not sure what we enjoy watching more, the changes in the corals or looking each morning to see what that peppermint shrimp did overnight. This morning the largest aiptasia I have (head about the size of a 50 cent piece), was not where he has always been. Found him underneath the large rock he had been on looking much the worse for wear. The 2 that were around him are nowhere to be found… pretty sure I heard a tiny *burp* come from the shrimp’s hiding spot….

You know, I found this thread because of the whole aiptasia battle, but I’ve been sticking around ‘cause of the humor, and info. :) Had some time to waste last night and somehow ended up at the LFS… they don’t have a whole lot for saltwater, but it is the only option here really. While looking at their frag tank, found a little guy that looked pretty cool. The kid working had to call the owner and he told him it was a duncan coral… gave me what I feel is a great price… if that is what it truly is. It was healthy looking as can be and he wanted $15 for it… so, ended up getting it, figure what the hell. So, is this actually a duncan? Horrible picture and he has not fully opened up to what he was like before… but you can kinda get the idea.

Glad you might have found something useful here......at least somewhere to burn some time!

Nice score on that dendro!

After this addition, my wife pointed out to me not only do we have a lot of red/purple in there, but we also have a lot of green. Seems like I need to find some nice blues to add to the mix now! Suggestions?

What types of corals are you looking for.... ricordias are pretty cool and come in a fairly wide assortment of colors, blue, green, orange, pink.... zoas have a MASSIVE amount of color that can be found even in individual polyps. In SPS blues aren't overly hard to find, LPS I haven't really seen alot of blues, most are red,green,orange,purple..... occasionally you will find small amounts of blue like a blue tip elegance but otherwise nothing is really popping in my head.....

After this addition, my wife pointed out to me not only do we have a lot of red/purple in there, but we also have a lot of green. Seems like I need to find some nice blues to add to the mix now! Suggestions? In aiptasia news, I’m not sure what we enjoy watching more, the changes in the corals or looking each morning to see what that peppermint shrimp did overnight. This morning the largest aiptasia I have (head about the size of a 50 cent piece), was not where he has always been. Found him underneath the large rock he had been on looking much the worse for wear. The 2 that were around him are nowhere to be found… pretty sure I heard a tiny *burp* come from the shrimp’s hiding spot….
Glad they're working for you. You can get some insanely blue acans or shrooms

At like 3:30 I ordered a jebao dc-6000.... aka a waveline with different colored plastic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb_R1VZqLcE'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb_R1VZqLcE I will likely give the jebao body a nice coat of silicone or epoxy tho lol
When does it arrive?

Glad they're working for you. You can get some insanely blue acans or shrooms

duh....I forgot about both those...... And chalices come in blue and just about every other color/ combo too.

When does it arrive?

Tomorrow or Monday....

Ok, how about blue with movement? :) Preferably something that can live primarily off of photosynthesis… though I still spot feed.

Ha ha, funny how living things do better when they eat. I was feeding them at the beginning, then stopped while trying to reduce food going into the aquarium. All but the biggest purple and green one shrunk up. I'm now back to feeding them silverside chunks and now mysis for the runts. Otherwise, they seem to be fine. Surprised a few of them are still in the shade of the overhang....I think they'd do better in direct light. Why don't they do as I say?

What's up man? Algae is still on the decline as are a few of my lps. Thinking of pulling out my big rock on the right and moving some smaller island pieces in to open up for better flow..... Water sucks except for on the hottest summer days while working outside

Mine were starting to shrink up too but since feeding them intentionally they are looking better :).

Ok, how about blue with movement? :) Preferably something that can live primarily off of photosynthesis… though I still spot feed.

I believe there is a blue variety of xenia. Also blue cloves.

I believe there is a blue variety of xenia. Also blue cloves.

Both of which can be considered invasive species, same with blue shrooms really they will all grow and their removal can be a PITA if you have a change of heart..... I would suggest making sure they are something you 1000% want and attempt to contain them to a specific rock not attatched to other pieces of rockwork just in case, though thats not 100% effective..... That said they are all blue and will give a decent amount of movement to the tank.

If you're open to and capable of maintaining SPS while its not a huge mover structurally a nice Palmers Blue Mille is hard to beat and with its longer polyps will provide some nice action IMO. There are many other sps you can find with blue as well.

If you really want some real good blue movement without risking taking over the tank, try you could try to find a blue hammer, or any of the other different or even multi-colored hammers really. I haven't seen the blues in a while but could just be that I haven't really looked either. Also another nice moving piece with nice color that isn't green, purple or red would be a golden/yellow torch.

Both of which can be considered invasive species, same with blue shrooms really they will all grow and their removal can be a PITA if you have a change of heart..... I would suggest making sure they are something you 1000% want and attempt to contain them to a specific rock not attatched to other pieces of rockwork just in case, though thats not 100% effective..... That said they are all blue and will give a decent amount of movement to the tank.

Agreed :D.

Why is jack going to the clinica?

Agreed :D.

Why is jack going to the clinica?

I think its his tank thats going to the clinica, as he is trying to get rid of the GHA STD that has been plauging it for a while. Treatment thusfar has been manual removal and heavy amounts of GFO, and a low phosphate diet.... with plenty of clean RO/DI water of course ;)

Yep, what Chris said....I never thought it would happen to me. It was only that one careless time......

Mine were starting to shrink up too but since feeding them intentionally they are looking better :). I believe there is a blue variety of xenia. Also blue cloves.
How small did they get G?My biggest...almost 3" doesn't seem to care if he eats or not. A couple others went from about 2" to 1". Now starting to plump up a bit. Whoops.
Buy two cheap hookers and a straw instead. You will be able to bypass a faulty heater, tandem blowing in constant or slave modes wouldn't be an issue, and probably about the same price as a WP10. :) If you go through the right pimp to secure the transaction the customer service will likely be much better to, they don't like when their "models" don't work right ;) For the record... I really don't care if people can't afford one thats fine, they aren't really "required" and you can have a beautiful tank without one..... but don't try acting like they are over priced because you can't afford one. If you look at it purely from a water movement stance, yes they are over priced.... but if you look at it from one less wire potentially leaking stray voltage into your tank they are well worth the money.... and then some IMO. I think that about sums it up :) lol
Amen to the above brotha!
No lawn told the kid how to use the report button to ask a mod to close it..... damn lawn :( lol
Sorry man :(.
Way to go Lawngeezer.
:lol:
I know, I was having fun.
I know but the kid was all over the place :wacko: funny how he thought you were mad lmao

Agreed :D.Why is jack going to the clinic?
He told me he has a nasty rash going on downstairs :huh:
Amen to the above brotha!

Sorry man :(.

:lol:

I know but the kid was all over the place :wacko: funny how he thought you were mad lmao

Never seen Chris so polite.

Archived