Cultivated Reef

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so where is this new site? Have any "neon green toadstool” on that there listing? :) I’m afraid if I get going in this hobby I might be in trouble. I’m in the process of shutting down my fishery in the basement… was breeding guppies and galaxy rasboras/celestial pearl danios so have quite a few tanks, etc...

I really, really need to set up a cultivation tank for pods so I can keep this poor mandarin fed… he is hungry.

hahahea

What's new Lawnbuddy? Any good truck-napp'n today?

That sump light looks pretty clean man! Temporary.... or going Kessil?

What's new Lawnbuddy? Any good truck-napp'n today?

That sump light looks pretty clean man! Temporary.... or going Kessil?

Hell no that light is staying :)! No truck napp'n today I wanted to get finished at a decent time lol. I did stop by the Mexican tienda and got a BOMB AZZ chicken torta for lunch. That was the highlight of my day :lol:
Hell no that light is staying :)! No truck napp'n today I wanted to get finished at a decent time lol. I did stop by the Mexican tienda and got a BOMB AZZ chicken torta for lunch. That was the highlight of my day :lol:

Mmmmmm, love me some tortas! Sounds so good....damn you.

I'm doing the no carb thing....guess I can have a pile of chicken and pretend.

Mmmmmm, love me some tortas! Sounds so good....damn you.

I'm doing the no carb thing....guess I can have a pile of chicken and pretend.

I need to go back to no carbs. I have gained 15lbs this winter :(. Looking so forward to birning off my moobs!
I need to go back to no carbs. I have gained 15lbs this winter :(. Looking so forward to birning off my moobs!

Ya, driving down the hwy the other day and felt my tits jigg'ln.....time to shed a few pounds and eat better. Tough on the road though.

Ya, driving down the hwy the other day and felt my tits jigg'ln.....time to shed a few pounds and eat better. Tough on the road though.
Late nights kill me with sugar. I can eat candy by the box and cereal. No carbs and I will shed it pretty quick. But damn I like to eat :).
Late nights kill me with sugar. I can eat candy by the box and cereal. No carbs and I will shed it pretty quick. But damn I like to eat :).

Same here. Ice cream is my late night weakness. I can eat cereal by the box, too. So I'm sticking with meat and booze for now....and water. I hate water.

Same here. Ice cream is my late night weakness. I can eat cereal by the box, too. So I'm sticking with meat and booze for now....and water. I hate water.

I don't care for water either. Arrowhead is ok though :).

Are your rock anemones still ok? I wasn't intentionally feeding mine, just having them catch whatever I fed the fish. It makes a huge difference to actually feed them meaty pieces, I've discovered. They actually grow if you feed them :lol:. Since I'm moving them to a bigger tank I don't mind if they grow now :).

I don't know when the last time I drank a glass of actual plain water...... probably decades. :wacko: I hate the lack of flavor.

How's the algae battle going, things still improving? :)

I don't care for water either. Arrowhead is ok though :).Are your rock anemones still ok? I wasn't intentionally feeding mine, just having them catch whatever I fed the fish. It makes a huge difference to actually feed them meaty pieces, I've discovered. They actually grow if you feed them :lol:. Since I'm moving them to a bigger tank I don't mind if they grow now :).
Ha ha, funny how living things do better when they eat. I was feeding them at the beginning, then stopped while trying to reduce food going into the aquarium. All but the biggest purple and green one shrunk up. I'm now back to feeding them silverside chunks and now mysis for the runts.Otherwise, they seem to be fine. Surprised a few of them are still in the shade of the overhang....I think they'd do better in direct light. Why don't they do as I say?

I don't know when the last time I drank a glass of actual plain water...... probably decades. :wacko: I hate the lack of flavor. How's the algae battle going, things still improving? :)
What's up man?Algae is still on the decline as are a few of my lps. Thinking of pulling out my big rock on the right and moving some smaller island pieces in to open up for better flow.....Water sucks except for on the hottest summer days while working outside

What's up man?

Not much just looking at return pumps.... still lol

Algae is still on the decline as are a few of my lps. Thinking of pulling out my big rock on the right and moving some smaller island pieces in to open up for better flow..... Water sucks except for on the hottest summer days while working outside

That sucks about the LPS, hopefully you can manage to save them.... Were they declining before the GFO? I've never been a LPS guru or anything but I know that with SPS as crazy as it seems they don't like it when you make quick changes even if those changes are for the better/ cleaner water.

Not much just looking at return pumps.... still lol

That sucks about the LPS, hopefully you can manage to save them.... Were they declining before the GFO? I've never been a LPS guru or anything but I know that with SPS as crazy as it seems they don't like it when you make quick changes even if those changes are for the better/ cleaner water.

No, they were happy little mother f'rs. I shocked the crap out of them. Still better than looking at a tank full of green shit. Now its just an empty tank fill of coral skeletons and small clumps of remaining green. LOL.

Yeah that sucks :( Atleast things are working to get back to a good place.

Ya, they're improving.

On another note.....I was thinking of getting a WP 10 instead of an overpriced MP 10. I mean, a power head is a power head, right?

What are your thoughts on that Chris?

Ya, they're improving. On another note.....I was thinking of getting a WP 10 instead of an overpriced MP 10. I mean, a power head is a power head, right? What are your thoughts on that Chris?

Buy two cheap hookers and a straw instead. You will be able to bypass a faulty heater, tandem blowing in constant or slave modes wouldn't be an issue, and probably about the same price as a WP10. :) If you go through the right pimp to secure the transaction the customer service will likely be much better to, they don't like when their "models" don't work right ;)

For the record... I really don't care if people can't afford one thats fine, they aren't really "required" and you can have a beautiful tank without one..... but don't try acting like they are over priced because you can't afford one. If you look at it purely from a water movement stance, yes they are over priced.... but if you look at it from one less wire potentially leaking stray voltage into your tank they are well worth the money.... and then some IMO.

I think that about sums it up :) lol

Buy two cheap hookers and a straw instead. You will be able to bypass a faulty heater, tandem blowing in constant or slave modes wouldn't be an issue, and probably about the same price as a WP10. :) If you go through the right pimp to secure the transaction the customer service will likely be much better to, they don't like when their "models" don't work right ;)

For the record... I really don't care if people can't afford one thats fine, they aren't really "required" and you can have a beautiful tank without one..... but don't try acting like they are over priced because you can't afford one. If you look at it purely from a water movement stance, yes they are over priced.... but if you look at it from one less wire potentially leaking stray voltage into your tank they are well worth the money.... and then some IMO.

Is that thread still going?

......so, I'll just buy hookers and blow, right?

......so, I'll just buy hookers and blow, right?

If you buy the blow yourself it will likely save you even more money.... and they won't have to leave the tank to get their fix. Good thinking man! :)

Archived