Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Never seen Chris so polite.
lol he was actually polite and the kid thought he was a jerk. If only he would of seen the Chris that first arrived here. I even told Chris he was a dick :lol:
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol he was actually polite and the kid thought he was a jerk. If only he would of seen the Chris that first arrived here. I even told Chris he was a dick :lol:

LOL, I remeber that!

I think it was in Claya's thread :).

Ohhh, I get what you mean. Before I get them high (higher than they already will be) I feed them all the Taco Bell they can eat, coke 'em up, and have them get in my tank! Dual power heads! -can crabs get crabs?
lmfao

Amen to the above brotha!

Yeah its amazing what you can get for a $10 rock lol

:lol: I know but the kid was all over the place :wacko: funny how he thought you were mad lmao

Yeah I don't get how people think I get mad so easily. Life is to short to get mad about stupid shit like other peoples kids being to lazy to make a few extra bucks for something nice.....

Never seen Chris so polite.

What the #### you talkin bout Willis? lol

lol he was actually polite and the kid thought he was a jerk.

Kids these days are soft, if you disagree you're a bully and a meanie stink face or whatever :wacko:

If only he would of seen the Chris that first arrived here. I even told Chris he was a dick :lol:

Had to make sure ya'll could handle me when I am feelin roudy.... You did :)

Kids these days are soft, if you disagree you're a bully and a meanie stink face or whatever :wacko:

Had to make sure ya'll could handle me when I am feelin roudy.... You did :)

:lol: you were a stink face

Gross :lol:

Yep, what Chris said....I never thought it would happen to me. It was only that one careless time......

How small did they get G? My biggest...almost 3" doesn't seem to care if he eats or not. A couple others went from about 2" to 1". Now starting to plump up a bit. Whoops.

Remember that giant white one from Morgan? It's super small now and won't eat. It's not going to make it, I'm certain of that. It didn't have enough room in the pico. I don't think it was lack of food that did that one in. Least I hope not :lol:
Gross :lol:Remember that giant white one from Morgan? It's super small now and won't eat. It's not going to make it, I'm certain of that. It didn't have enough room in the pico. I don't think it was lack of food that did that one in. Least I hope not :lol:

Please, you can save it! The ones that went to the shaded area won't walk back to the open and bright area....so I can't feed them....and now they're super small. The best part is that they were the pricey ones!

Please, you can save it! The ones that went to the shaded area won't walk back to the open and bright area....so I can't feed them....and now they're super small. The best part is that they were the pricey ones!

I don't know. It won't take food at all! At least this one was the cheapest of the bunch I ordered form her.
I don't know. It won't take food at all! At least this one was the cheapest of the bunch I ordered form her.

You try pellets or mysis? My bigger ones take sliced up silversides.

You try pellets or mysis? My bigger ones take sliced up silversides.

Mysis. All the other gobble it up. This one won't eat. Oh well....I have like 2 other white ones in there :).

So that mysterious green coral I got seems happy as a pig in… Fed some mysis shrimp last night and it grabbed a big glob of it. It stayed swelled up for hours afterwards. Unfortunately, if it is a walking dendro, I don’t think it has a worm as it has not moved in the slightest. Guess we will see what it does.

So where is this new site for all the new corals? I saw the ebay store, but I’m always open to new places to look at… new shiney’s! I also am keeping my eyes open for a blue torch/hammer or something orange with some movement. My tank currently has more mushroom anemones than anything and they get boring after a while… well, when they are all the same color at least!

Does anyone have any special tool for feeding? Been looking at the sea squirt, julian’s tool, or just making my own… curious what others do. I’d prefer to not have to stick my arm in to my 24” deep tank every time I want to spot feed.

So that mysterious green coral I got seems happy as a pig in… Fed some mysis shrimp last night and it grabbed a big glob of it. It stayed swelled up for hours afterwards. Unfortunately, if it is a walking dendro, I don’t think it has a worm as it has not moved in the slightest. Guess we will see what it does.

IMO not having it move around would be kinda nice, don't have to worry about it stinging or getting stung that way.... Glad to hear it is eating and doing good for you :)

So where is this new site for all the new corals? I saw the ebay store, but I’m always open to new places to look at… new shiney’s! I also am keeping my eyes open for a blue torch/hammer or something orange with some movement. My tank currently has more mushroom anemones than anything and they get boring after a while… well, when they are all the same color at least!

Glenn's site isn't live yet.... I believe tomorrow night sometime it should go live. Find Lawnmans thread.... I will bump it in a second to make it easier for you ;).... he is going to give an advance notice that the site is live there to give lawns dedicated followers a head start :happydance:

Does anyone have any special tool for feeding? Been looking at the sea squirt, julian’s tool, or just making my own… curious what others do. I’d prefer to not have to stick my arm in to my 24” deep tank every time I want to spot feed.

I've always just used a turkey baster. I have seen some pretty nice looking feeders but never really seen the need to spend that much when the baster worked for me.

Thanks for the bump, following the thread now. I might not be able to buy anything at first, but I love to look! Very cool to see forum members supporting another member though.

I currently use a turkey baster, but I have to wash my entire arm each time ‘cause it is gonna go in the tank to feed. Would prefer to be able to feed without having to do that every time! I also would like a little more control over it for feeding some of them. A big issue with most of the tools out there now is the tips tend to require modification to feed mysis, etc. That is the one nice thing I like about Julian’s tool, they sell extra tips so you can modify to your hearts content.

The next 2 3 items on my list are some type of DIY ATO (preferably gravity fed), a feeding tool, and a new sump. The current sump makes me cry… they had a 10G tank with a wet/dry filter that is suspended over it. The overflow flows down to a rotating spray bar over a bunch of bio balls which then falls in to the 10G tank. I have a bunch of 10G tanks available to me so gonna look at getting some glass cut and make my own sump. This is a small tank so I’ll have all the water flow through the refugium area. I just need to find a good way to plumb the flexible hose in to the sump such that it won’t ever come out or flop around.

What a slippery slope...

Thanks for the bump, following the thread now. I might not be able to buy anything at first, but I love to look! Very cool to see forum members supporting another member though.

Glenn is a good dude, nothing wrong with just checking the site out until the time is right. I like to drool over coral too so I understand lol

I currently use a turkey baster, but I have to wash my entire arm each time ‘cause it is gonna go in the tank to feed. Would prefer to be able to feed without having to do that every time! I also would like a little more control over it for feeding some of them. A big issue with most of the tools out there now is the tips tend to require modification to feed mysis, etc. That is the one nice thing I like about Julian’s tool, they sell extra tips so you can modify to your hearts content.

Sounds like the Julian's tool would be a good call for you then as long as it is long enough. :)

The next 2 3 items on my list are some type of DIY ATO (preferably gravity fed), a feeding tool, and a new sump. The current sump makes me cry… they had a 10G tank with a wet/dry filter that is suspended over it. The overflow flows down to a rotating spray bar over a bunch of bio balls which then falls in to the 10G tank. I have a bunch of 10G tanks available to me so gonna look at getting some glass cut and make my own sump. This is a small tank so I’ll have all the water flow through the refugium area. I just need to find a good way to plumb the flexible hose in to the sump such that it won’t ever come out or flop around.

What a slippery slope...

If you need and can fit a bigger sump then a 10g petco is having their $1/gallon sale still I think so wouldn't be a bad time to upgrade that if you want and can. I've never been much of a big fan of flex hose drains for that reason, but I have seen where people have taken acrylic or glass and drilled it put in a bulkhead and ran the hose into that to keep it stable, not sure if that would be an option for you but something to consider if you can and want to stick with the flex hose ;)

Yeah, no can do on the larger tank. The stand was built so a 10G will *just* fit underneath, so I’m stuck with a 10. I also have something like 20 tanks in the basement if i was going to buy larger, hehe. I might borrow the fitting off the wet/dry filter and rig up a plate to put it through instead and attach PVC to that to take it lower in to the tank. It would keep the whole thing stable, but still allow the flex hose.. I can’t get behind the tank so leaving what is there alone would be a plus.

Yeah, no can do on the larger tank. The stand was built so a 10G will *just* fit underneath, so I’m stuck with a 10. I also have something like 20 tanks in the basement if i was going to buy larger, hehe.

Nothing wrong with extra tanks laying around ;)

I might borrow the fitting off the wet/dry filter and rig up a plate to put it through instead and attach PVC to that to take it lower in to the tank. It would keep the whole thing stable, but still allow the flex hose.. I can’t get behind the tank so leaving what is there alone would be a plus.

Yeah that kinda sounds like what I was trying to describe doing.... I just didn't explain it very well but sounds like you have a good plan and idea of what you want to do.

Just noticed that my rainbow acan colony that died has babies puffing up deep within the coral skeleton. And some closed up polyps are opening. Good signs.

Just noticed that my rainbow acan colony that died has babies puffing up deep within the coral skeleton. And some closed up polyps are opening. Good signs.

:happydance:

Happy Friday too!!! Are you sipping on whiskey at the fire pit again?

Archived