Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

LOL, I was thinking the same thing......gotta be the water though, or the rock I used leaching Phos.

I finally dumped a ton of GFO in the reactor to nuke it. B)

Better that than completely starting over :). The water probably was the issue.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better that than completely starting over :). The water probably was the issue.

I'm telling you, G.....I was ready to dump it. I was just looking at tanks while I was gone.....anticipating the green forest to be back when I returned. I might just keep this thing awhile if the good continues.

Would one of you more wise folks be able to help me name some of the critters in my tank? I posted a thread in the ID forum, but no responses yet. Unfortunately, I think the same shrimp that mowed through 1.5 aiptasia last night also wiped out a few of the things I believe are zoa. Noticed that there are fewer than there were… hrmph! Separately, I noticed tonight a baby nassarius snail cruising around after I fed… talk about a tiny little bugger!

Would one of you more wise folks be able to help me name some of the critters in my tank? I posted a thread in the ID forum, but no responses yet. Unfortunately, I think the same shrimp that mowed through 1.5 aiptasia last night also wiped out a few of the things I believe are zoa. Noticed that there are fewer than there were… hrmph! Separately, I noticed tonight a baby nassarius snail cruising around after I fed… talk about a tiny little bugger!

Bump your thread....let's take a look.

Haha, thanks. I appreciate it… Lot of learning to be done here… been doing freshwater tanks for 20+ years now, usually heavily planted ones so this saltwater thing is a whole new ballgame for me.

Already done son! :)

I saw that Pops, your wife always tells me you're quick....but damn! :D

Haha, thanks. I appreciate it… Lot of learning to be done here… been doing freshwater tanks for 20+ years now, usually heavily planted ones so this saltwater thing is a whole new ballgame for me.

Nice and slow....it can be a lot of fun. And sometimes, it can be like my tank!

Hanging my light tonight after a year of it resting on top of the tank in a scrap wood (old fence board) in closure. At the hardware store getting a couple bolts and misc. pieces......

I might be buying the nano box duo that is for sale by a nano-reef.com member. Just hoping it will work to rest it on the glass top inside my canopy or I’ll be spending a lot of money for something that will just cause me problems.

Anyone know of any issues/concerns with a nano box duo w/storm controller? This would be over a 24” tall 39G tank. It is only 20” wide so I’ve been fairly limited on things I can put over it. The canopy is a log framed canopy and I will only have 3.5” between it and the glass tops...

Hanging my light tonight after a year of it resting on top of the tank in a scrap wood (old fence board) in closure. At the hardware store getting a couple bolts and misc. pieces......

Makin moves :) lets see the light hangin :) lol

LOL, A-hole. Angle grinder in the morning.

LOL..... I had a bulkhead start leaking outta no where the other day. I had a sump baffle break loose. But its all good, hopefully just getting all the crap outta the way before I start bringing in corals!

I'm telling you, G.....I was ready to dump it. I was just looking at tanks while I was gone.....anticipating the green forest to be back when I returned. I might just keep this thing awhile if the good continues.

I'm glad you didn't throw that brick through it :).

I'm glad you didn't throw that brick through it :).

Me too.........I probably would have missed and thrown it through the wall. ;)

Seeing a little progress has given me a push to finish long awaited improvements.

LOL..... I had a bulkhead start leaking outta no where the other day. I had a sump baffle break loose. But its all good, hopefully just getting all the crap outta the way before I start bringing in corals!

I remember reading that..........when you adding the coral....and the Tangz?

I remember reading that..........when you adding the coral....and the Tangz?

I'm thinking a couple weeks might push it out to a month before I start ordering coral, wanna make sure everything is stable and I mean everything...... I don't plan to add any more tangs to the 40B :ninja::lol::D:rolleyes:omgomgomg:naughtydance::happydance::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:;) lol

How's the GFO working out?

Pretty damn well. I was going easy with it as not to nuke all my coral. I lost a 20 head piece of a rainbow acan....with no visible GHA death. So, before I left on a business trip....I said F**k it and poured in a boatload of it. Came home 3 days later and 80% was gone...and melted a couple more acans, oh well. My 2 year old told me an hour ago..."daddy, no green any more". Even she knew the tank turned to crap!

Awesome!! By chance, did you start the tank with dry rock? That stuff is almost always full of po4.

Bingo! Yes, I did. My last tanks were started with super established live rock......never a problem.

This one was all dry rock, minus a small baseball sized piece. Been a Freaking nightmare.

Well, the weekend came and went. :(
My new light hanger contraption is mostly completed. Still have some final adjustments, tack welds and paint to go. Realistically, a couple weeks out I'm sure for completion. <_<

Bingo! Yes, I did. My last tanks were started with super established live rock......never a problem.

This one was all dry rock, minus a small baseball sized piece. Been a Freaking nightmare.

I'd bet anything that the dry rock was the source of the problem. I give all dry rock a muratic acid bath before it goes in my tanks. You would be amazed at how much crap comes off of them.

Archived