Cultivated Reef

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

LOL, it's always just around the corner.....or under your bed waiting to grab you by the ankle. : ) Vivids had a bunch of little ones lately.

That's how it feels LOL.

Haven't been to Vivid for a really long time now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's how it feels LOL.Haven't been to Vivid for a really long time now.

All of their stuff has been looking really good lately. Better than normal.

Have you bought any coral?

No. I've been soooo put off with my tanks mess, I don't want to put anything else to death. Once I get it sorted out....I'll be busting out the wallet!

No. I've been soooo put off with my tanks mess, I don't want to put anything else to death. Once I get it sorted out....I'll be busting out the wallet!

Start a pico in the meantime ;).

Could have bought a kole tang today! Mark's tropical fish in Studio City had one. I passed though. Didn't feel like acclimating a fish today. Plus I've been overfeeding as it is because of my mandarin. I don't feel comfortable adding any fish right now. My tank might implode if I do LOL. I always feel my tank is a breath away from melt down :lol:.

He was a cutie though. :)

I thought adding a new fish was the solution to overfeeding, it gets rid of extra food that wasn't previously being eaten :)

I thought adding a new fish was the solution to overfeeding, it gets rid of extra food that wasn't previously being eaten :)

You're right! I probably should pick up 5 more fish :lol:.

You're right! I probably should pick up 5 more fish :lol:.

Well, you've seen my fish list, most would cringe at the thought of 9 fish in a 40B... I like to feed too ;) lol

Well, you've seen my fish list, most would cringe at the thought of 9 fish in a 40B... I like to feed too ;) lol

I had 14 fish in my 30 gallon cube with 9 BTA's. People say you can't have 1 BTA in a 30 gallon lol noobs. I like to push the envelope :P

I had 14 fish in my 30 gallon cube with 9 BTA's. People say you can't have 1 BTA in a 30 gallon lol noobs. I like to push the envelope :P

So what you're telling me is I definitely need more fish. I can live with that :) Anything is possible if you aren't a noob. I to find great joy in envelope pushing lol

whats your total volume?
Making any progress in the battle?

Been out of town for the past few days....so, no. However, I'm taking everyone's advice when I get back. Going to add a few more Tangs to eat the algae.

Apparently they are bad ass chaeto munchers too, my female got into the sump sometime and ate the ball I had within the last like 18 hrs :(

Sorry man, made me lol.

Sorry man, made me lol.

Its all good man, it is pretty funny damn thing ate the one type of algae I didn't want it to, but I guess after making the ride to the sump she deserved it. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

A big box of snails. It was his 40b quick crew....something like that?

I've always been too afraid to do a quick crew. With a big tank though, and the algae, I'm sure you could use them all. No emeralds?

I've always been too afraid to do a quick crew. With a big tank though, and the algae, I'm sure you could use them all. No emeralds?

I have one emerald already in there....he seems pretty worthless. And my urchin who does a great job of swiping zoas.....hoping these snails can do some damage. They will have no shortage of food. I hope they're not the anorexic model type.

Get a tang. That's all I rely on these days for keeping algae in check. My big tank is spotless and my only CUC member is a yellow tang. I don't even feed it. There's enough life in the tank for him to graze on to get by just fine.

Archived