Cultivated Reef

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

I'd bet anything that the dry rock was the source of the problem. I give all dry rock a muratic acid bath before it goes in my tanks. You would be amazed at how much crap comes off of them.

Yep, always been my suspicion. Can't do much but wait for it all to leach. In the mean time, RODI (that I should be running anyway) and GFO. Can't believe how much stuff I've lost.....

That new order you got coming in.....SPS or LPS?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, always been my suspicion. Can't do much but wait for it all to leach. In the mean time, RODI (that I should be running anyway) and GFO. Can't believe how much stuff I've lost.....

That new order you got coming in.....SPS or LPS?

Tentatively... LPS, clams, nems, and vietnam zoas.

Although the tank is doing well now, I want to wait another week or two before I dump a stack of cash on SPS, just to be safe.

Tentatively... LPS, clams, nems, and vietnam zoas.

Although the tank is doing well now, I want to wait another week or two before I dump a stack of cash on SPS, just to be safe.

Nice, can't wait to see the goodies!

-Ever had Strawberry Moonshine? Got some for my B-day, 100 proof and tasting pretty good ;)

Nice, can't wait to see the goodies!

You and me both!! I'm soooo ready to have the site up and running.

I'm just hoping that the stock sheet from my supplier is accurate so I can actually get everything that I want.

You and me both!! I'm soooo ready to have the site up and running.

I'm just hoping that the stock sheet from my supplier is accurate so I can actually get everything that I want.

How often is it not accurate?

How often is it not accurate?

Pretty much every time I order....something that i want will inevitably be unavailable.

Pretty much every time I order....something that i want will inevitably be unavailable.

Got to be frustrating man. Well, you still have killer shit....looking forward to seeing what comes in.

Got to be frustrating man. Well, you still have killer shit....looking forward to seeing what comes in.

Thanks man!

In related news, I didn't place my order today after all. I've been waiting for my wholesaler to get some really nice zoas in for about a month now. Right before I picked up the phone to call them this morning, they called me. Apparently they have some really nice stuff coming in tonight so I'm waiting one more day to add some to my order :).

My light arrives today. Maybe I can consider planning what to put in next myself...

Nice! Did you go with the NB Duo?

Yeah, picked up the one that was for sale here. Just installed it a couple minutes ago and think I’m going to have a lot more work on my hands. I have a canopy on the tank and I only have ~3.5” of clearance inside it. The Duo can produce way more light than I need, but getting a major spotlight effect right now. I think I’m going to need to build a new hood for this thing so I can raise the light a good 10” up or so… ugh. Real bummer, had hoped it would work as-is.

Just for reference, this is what my tank looks like. Ignore the sloped white (ugh) spray bar in the back.. it is getting replaced with a black one running vertically.

post-84098-0-05343100-1397075422_thumb.jpg

So, a day has gone by, did you place your order yet?

Ya, Glenn. What did you get?

Long story short, I had to wait one more day. BUT...the order is finally in and I was able to get about half of what I wanted, lol. So I just loaded up on more zoas to compensate for the corals I couldn't get this week. I'm hoping fingerscrossed to have the site completely finished and ready to go live by Saturday. Then I will be back at it full force with new corals coming in weekly, if not twice a week :).

Yeah, picked up the one that was for sale here. Just installed it a couple minutes ago and think I’m going to have a lot more work on my hands. I have a canopy on the tank and I only have ~3.5” of clearance inside it. The Duo can produce way more light than I need, but getting a major spotlight effect right now. I think I’m going to need to build a new hood for this thing so I can raise the light a good 10” up or so… ugh. Real bummer, had hoped it would work as-is.

Just for reference, this is what my tank looks like. Ignore the sloped white (ugh) spray bar in the back.. it is getting replaced with a black one running vertically.

I like the tank!

I would keep that hood and just suspend it from the wall or hang it from the ceiling. I don't think much will match the stand if you make something else.

Long story short, I had to wait one more day. BUT...the order is finally in and I was able to get about half of what I wanted, lol. So I just loaded up on more zoas to compensate for the corals I couldn't get this week. I'm hoping fingerscrossed to have the site completely finished and ready to go live by Saturday. Then I will be back at it full force with new corals coming in weekly, if not twice a week :).

I'm not holding my breath for THIS Saturday, WebMaster! :D

If I build a new hood, it will be built to match the stand, just taller. I am not sure how I would be able to suspend the hood+light anyhow, it would be… odd. In fact, I would re-use most of the hardware from this hood, it would just need larger side boards and 2 new log pieces on the front. Everything else would remain like it is. Of course, if I built it a lot taller I could add a shelf in it to hold things like food, nets, etc… hmm!

Now I really need to figure out what to put in this tank next! I need some more color and motion. Right now there is a lot of purple/red in there, with the GSP being the only thing that is green. Thinking I need to look in to some duncans as I hear they will host a clown and the wife wants a clown and I’m not ready for a rose anemone or similar yet. I also have a spot, a ledge even, for something that needs high light, ideas?

I just looked at my invoice, I'll have roughly 2,000+ zoa polyps tomorrow :).

Holy shiz.......that's a lot of bags to open. Any crazy shrooms on the horizon?

If I build a new hood, it will be built to match the stand, just taller. I am not sure how I would be able to suspend the hood+light anyhow, it would be… odd. In fact, I would re-use most of the hardware from this hood, it would just need larger side boards and 2 new log pieces on the front. Everything else would remain like it is. Of course, if I built it a lot taller I could add a shelf in it to hold things like food, nets, etc… hmm! Now I really need to figure out what to put in this tank next! I need some more color and motion. Right now there is a lot of purple/red in there, with the GSP being the only thing that is green. Thinking I need to look in to some duncans as I hear they will host a clown and the wife wants a clown and I’m not ready for a rose anemone or similar yet. I also have a spot, a ledge even, for something that needs high light, ideas?
I'd go with a neon green toadstool .... bright and lots of sway'n. My clowns loved one that I had in my 29.
20140409_165300_zps75871c60.jpgI've got a few. ...still need to load a couple more.
I am clicking on the Zoas and Palys button and it does nothing. :).

Glenn will everything be WYSIWYG unless it says (NOT WYSIWYG)?

I am clicking on the Zoas and Palys button and it does nothing. :). Glenn will everything be WYSIWYG unless it says (NOT WYSIWYG)?

Yes :).

Archived