Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tamberav's Mantis Mayhem - 45g SPS Cuboid build

Tamberav

If that's how pretty that acro is small, can't imagine how it'll be once it thickens up.

Yah! Can't beat the price either :D I hope everything does well being the tank is so new. My frag tank was new as well and they did fine in there so maybe I'll get some of that same luck since I used a mix of my own live rock and the gulf live rock.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey tamb, you got any green colored macro good for ponies?

I have codium and am bidding on some cactus caulerpa which would be easy for tails to hang on to.

Arkayology

I got a blue acro free 1 week ago when a local reefer accidentally broke a branch off and I mounted it to a plug when I got home. I moved it into the 45g cube today. I was surprised to find in only a week in my frag tank, it had started to encrust into the glue on the plug.

IMG_20140607_180010600_zpsuoxjlkr3.jpg

I mounted it up high, it was getting blasted at the top of his tank under t5's and I put it directly under my par38 in the frag tank and it didn't seem to mind.

IMG_20140607_180446812_HDR_zpsrntgfwpx.j

It seems you have a blue thumb. Good job.

Cactus stuff looks cool. I had codium before, but it died on me.

Odd, I found it to be very hardy. I'll grow both out for ya if you want.

It seems you have a blue thumb. Good job.

Thanks :) Hopefully it likes my 45g as much as it liked my 12g.

No rush. If you ever have some extra I'll take it.

I'm sure it wont be long until I have more than I know what to do with. I added some ulva a few days ago and it tripled in size already. That stuff grows crazy...

Nanofreak79

I love ulva for pod growth. I'm debating a fuge in the sump. Mostly to collect cool macros and for pods for the Mandy. Not sure if the new sump will have room for a reactor and fuge.

More pics with better camera. I won't be adding Ivy for awhile, I need to let the CUC take care of the hitchiking algae that came on the Gulf Rock before I add her. I haven't noticed any GHA but there is some sort of macro on it that looks like it could be invasive.

id4H45E1vF2Rs.jpg

ilKphf5KLkDJl.jpg

ibayhKpUQHrI6x.jpg

ipLgmWOrhCEKJ.jpg

ib1PUWa3IRScSP.jpg

ibwWmajLQEznqB.jpg

is5CcQpnEmn7p.jpg

ibpM7pRE3DsYea.jpg

Those pics are amazingly great. I like the sps

Thanks, I wish I had a clue as to what I was doing lol Those are the pics that turned out, I had plenty of ones out of focus <_<

They're so crisp, love it.

I'm embarassed to show how I can't take pics w/ my 60g breeder w/ the Maxspect. I got the hang of it w/ my Evolve 8. Welcome new lighting w/ my Kessil A350W on the 34. Learned that. Now I'm so confused again. Why can't the same setting work from one led to another?!

Thanks everyone :D

I just realized I used all dry sand but never did get any diatoms :huh: Maybe all those sponges on the rock soaked up the silicates?

Very nice pictures! The green psammacora is such a bright green in my tank, glows from across the room.

Thank you! I can't wait for it to grow in :wub: Hopefully I don't screw things up :P

Tomorrow is W/C day and I'll start testing alk/ca/mg to try an get an idea of what is getting used up and hook up the dosers when W/C's are no longer able to keep up with the demands.

I also ordered a Hanna phosphorous checker.

Nanofreak79

Just so everyone who reads this is aware tamb is a awesome member. I brought up that I needed cheato, and she sent me a pm offering to ship it out if I paid to ship. Little known fact cheato = macro pack. I recieved four different macros for free basically, considering how cheap the shipping was. Sorry if this isn't the best place for it, but I wanted to let others know how nice of a person you are.

MyLiquidBlue29BC

What is the coral third from the bottom? Between the green stick and zoas. LOL at my coral ID skills :)

Just so everyone who reads this is aware tamb is a awesome member. I brought up that I needed cheato, and she sent me a pm offering to ship it out if I paid to ship. Little known fact cheato = macro pack. I recieved four different macros for free basically, considering how cheap the shipping was. Sorry if this isn't the best place for it, but I wanted to let others know how nice of a person you are.

:wub:

I really dig the scape, nice work man!

Thanks!!! Do you have a thread?

What is the coral third from the bottom? Between the green stick and zoas. LOL at my coral ID skills :)

The red one? Monitpora Setosa

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Yes, that's it :) I've always liked that coral in your tank and never knew what it was. Macro looks great too, btw.

:wub:

Thanks!!! Do you have a thread?

The red one? Monitpora Setosa

Yes it's really boring so don't bother

Archived