Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tamberav's Mantis Mayhem - 45g SPS Cuboid build

Tamberav

Gulfliverock arrived today, so far I saw 3 corals and 2 mantis shrimp but one of them is dead. A pink one is alive and in a Tupperware floating atm and there was a green one that was alive but perished within a few hours. Guessing the stress of priority shipping out of water was too much for it. I gave its corpse to Ivy.

I think I have a home for the pink one assuming he makes it.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nanofreak: I misspell the two all the time unless I am looking at both at the same time.

Tamberav: What kinds of coral did you get?

Nanofreak79
Nanofreak: I misspell the two all the time unless I am looking at both at the same time.

It was a joke. I have terrible grammar and auto correct issues. :)

On the rock? Hmm.. I don't know.. haha.. I think cup corals and favia, maybe some porites or gorg? Honestly not even sure as they all look dead but supposedly they come back. I see more corals I didn't notice before too. I was hoping for a rose coral but I don't see one. I think in my next order I will request one even if I have to wait.

Probably be a harsh cycle. Lots of dead clams.

Wish I would have used this rock. I'm a big dry rock guy, but this stuff just seems way cool.

I am a dry rock fan too. This is actually my FIRST live rock purchase in like... 8 years omgomgomg

Here is the little hitchhiker. I wish I could keep them all... some crazy mantis lady.... with mantises lined up in tanks like bettas....

IMG_20140524_014300426_zpsfzab8uyi.jpg

IMG_20140524_014239794_zpscu9pswox.jpg

Grrr... stupid sleep... missed out on a Full Apex for $250. I don't need an apex but I could have used that 2nd EB8/pH probe and sold the rest.

Cute :) just curious, was there a reason you chose Gulf Liverock over KPA?

Has more life/HH but isn't as porous as KPA. I am mixing it with porous rock already so went with gulf for more HH.

Did 100% WC on the gulfliverock. Tiny life is starting to show itself. I saw a small anemone and a sea cucumber and more corals, they look to be green.

OH, she's an absolute beauty- she's striking in that purplish pink. It's very becoming! :wub:

She is awesome! No more tanks for me though :( I still have that cold water coming!

I'm jelly of that rock! Makes me want to set up another tank. What size package did you order.

Nano package and I requested larger rocks to fit in a 45g. They sent some good sized pieces :D

Nanofreak79

Thanks! Do you think the die off is big? I was thinking of adding or changing the rock in the 20 long.

Thanks! Do you think the die off is big? I was thinking of adding or changing the rock in the 20 long.

Yes, do not put this in a DT with corals/fish. God no.. it takes 4 days to get to MN and plenty dies... plenty lives too but ya... I am doing 50-100% WC's every day on it and dosing prime btw every WC. Just cycle it in a separate tub with a light if you want to get some.

Nanofreak79

Cool. I figured as much. I can do the tub and cure thing. I'll have to decide on whether I really need it or not now.

Cool. I figured as much. I can do the tub and cure thing. I'll have to decide on whether I really need it or not now.

Make sure to put a light over it :) It is pretty cool stuff, I am tempted to order 1 more package and replace most of the dry rock. It is fun to try something different I guess.

Nanofreak79

Did you get porous rock. Some of the pictures I saw were very boulder looking.

Not really your picks, ones on the internet.

Did you get porous rock. Some of the pictures I saw were very boulder looking.

Not really your picks, ones on the internet.

Only 1 was sort of bolder like, the rest had nice texture. None of it compared to how porous reef-cleaners or pukani rock is though. Nothing can really beat the shapes of dry rock.

Archived