inTank Media Baskets

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

American Cocker Spaniel- his name is Hagen- my husband named him after the highest UK basketball scorer ever? But now his name works well with this reefing hobby because there is a test kit named Hagen? I think. He's a sweetheart. My baby. It'd be really unsettlingly lonely in this house if it wasn't for him. He puts a smile on my face. Wonderful companion- this breed always wants to be where you are, if you go to the bathroom they'll follow you in, down to the laundry, up the stairs. They love people more than other pets but he's done really well with the cats next door.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My next adventure w/ my 20 gallon will probably start in Nov now w/ the essential sand, rock, water and I'm going to try KPA for that and I've really enjoying seeing all the gorgs and sponges everyone has bought from them, as well as neon gobies, gold gobies, jawfish. I'll probably do a multi-set of rics from Saltcritters later for it. Still deciding how I want to scape but much depends on what kind of rock I get. I'll have to ask for oblong, awkward pieces too, I don't just want round softballs.

Hagen is adorable. I had noticed his name fits in with the hobby :)

Nice stuff you got there for a very reasonable price. They sent you some very nice rics! Looking good! :)

My next adventure w/ my 20 gallon will probably start in Nov now w/ the essential sand, rock, water and I'm going to try KPA for that and I've really enjoying seeing all the gorgs and sponges everyone has bought from them, as well as neon gobies, gold gobies, jawfish. I'll probably do a multi-set of rics from Saltcritters later for it. Still deciding how I want to scape but much depends on what kind of rock I get. I'll have to ask for oblong, awkward pieces too, I don't just want round softballs.

Sounds like an exciting build! I can't wait :)

Hagen is adorable. I had noticed his name fits in with the hobby :)

Nice stuff you got there for a very reasonable price. They sent you some very nice rics! Looking good! :)

Sounds like an exciting build! I can't wait :)

I'm looking forward to it. Already have the thermometer, heater, 20glong tank, 10g for sump and/or refugium, an AC70, skimmer, So, just need the wavemaker, circ pumps and lights basically. I have enough crate to put on top as a screen if I want, we'll see, I may want something more like netting.

I don't know what happened, that new blue ric I got yesterday? Woke up today and it's not there, can't find it at all. I can't imagine anything ate it because they would've eaten my other rics that were already in the tank before that. I know it's small but heck I can't find it and it was a pretty blue. At least the other one w/ the blue and orange is there. I wonder if that brittle worm could've eaten it?

I guessed a spaniel. He is soooo cute. How old is Hagen? I like his name because it is the first name of my favorite ice cream. :D Mmmmm....

I hope you find your Ric. Musdhrooms can shrink to incredibly small sizes and then wind up in a crevice in the live rock. Keep looking ( I usually use a flash light to illuminate all the holes) in the live rock and you may find it yet.

Your new 20 L is 70% of the way done with all that equipment. I was just on KPA's site. The uncured live rock they sell comes full of live corals. I have seen several people on N-R use their uncured LR and get beautiful corals like the Rose coral. :wub:

I guessed a spaniel. He is soooo cute. How old is Hagen? I like his name because it is the first name of my favorite ice cream. :D Mmmmm....

I hope you find your Ric. Musdhrooms can shrink to incredibly small sizes and then wind up in a crevice in the live rock. Keep looking ( I usually use a flash light to illuminate all the holes) in the live rock and you may find it yet.

Your new 20 L is 70% of the way done with all that equipment. I was just on KPA's site. The uncured live rock they sell comes full of live corals. I have seen several people on N-R use their uncured LR and get beautiful corals like the Rose coral. :wub:

He's 4 yrs old. I'm hoping I do find the ric. The rock he was on has so much coralline most of it's crevices/holes are covered. Gotta be in there somewhere.

I found him!!! Eitallent you must've been my lucky charm. Behind the rockwork on the sand. He must've been hiding closer to the rock so I couldn't see him before. He is now in a shot glass on a piece of rubble. He's kinda folded in half so hopefully he'll latch on. I won't turn on the pump & circulation until tomorrow because I don't have anything to cover the shotglass.

I found him!!! Eitallent you must've been my lucky charm. Behind the rockwork on the sand. He must've been hiding closer to the rock so I couldn't see him before. He is now in a shot glass on a piece of rubble. He's kinda folded in half so hopefully he'll latch on. I won't turn on the pump & circulation until tomorrow because I don't have anything to cover the shotglass.

Hooray! The lost has been found. Those little mushies are expert at hiding from view. <_<

BattleAthletics

See how it separated and couldn't find it? That's what happened to one of my huge shrooms... But it ended up rotting and my tank water smelled

The ric never attached to the rubble and it actually looks like it's trying to attach faster to the original rock I put it on . So I'm giving that a shot again.

Ta da!!! I'm considering it done. They're all still hugging the frag plug it was originally on. 11 days to split. May really be more like 14 total by the time I'd noticed the mouth changing.

005_zpse58ed7a2.jpg

Looking good in here. Can't wait to see your new 20g build. That sounds great.

Love the splitting shroom action. Looks like it's a successful finished split. What a great looking mushy also.

Zia, do mushrooms like this need to remain on the plug or can they be directly on the sand? I guess I could just watch and see what they end up doing. That's probably the best, let nature do what nature wants.

My magical mushroom x 3.

056_zpseac79c3d.jpg

I was bad the other day. I bought 2 after I said they were my last on the preceeding post. I was so stunned, I got a freebie on the right!! I'm loving Aquascapers. They are so colorful. They're pics don't lie. 2 hrs after being in the tank. They'll go on or near my zoa bridge on the right.

053_zps9d1f7d68.jpg

047_zps425c3e95.jpg

Some of my other zoas. The radioactives are shrinking. They feel stifled. I'm gonna have to take them off the plug. And another view. My zoa bridge has room for more, that's why I got a couple more and I didn't have blue zoas YET!!.

052_zpsa84af107.jpg

063_zpse3256c7e.jpg

And I moved my Vivids Rainbow Palys up since there wasn't much room on the ground floor.

051_zpsea890c57.jpg

079_zpsc5f4365b.jpg

059_zps6984be83.jpg

Archived