Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

BattleAthletics

It makes a mess though so id cut sheets then get rid of all the particulates. Then commence with the wrappage.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, since I made that modification to the filter area instead of nitrates being stable at 7-8, they are now at 5 for 2 weeks so w/ tomorrow's water change I hope to take it down to 3.

Update on that one acan I bought for $5 from Saltcritters 4/7. The light turned off and it reacted by closing in on itself- the other 3 sets of acans didn't. I went to look in the tank and quickly turned the light back on, took the pic and turned it off. BABIES GALORE!!! I'm a proud mama. Crazy, you don't post something for a week and you're on page 7!! All of the acans have 2 babies but nothing like this one.

020_zps381f98cd.jpg

Oh, and I moved my dendro Beaker up. I have to make room on the sandbed for 3 more frags of ACANS!!! 2 have 4 heads each, the other has like 7. I found I have an addiction for acans and that website. Good news here too is that after I sawed off the square ugly plug with the Dremel I found I think 1 itsy bitsy pink/orange grouping of hair so I may have a baby dendro now since I bought him 5/4. Additionally looks like the Duncan grew 2 more heads since last I was here 7/4. It's so exciting to see growth.

006_zps2dc16d88.jpg

009_zps1af21b65.jpg

My dendro settled in just fine after I placed him yesterday. The blue/green striped mushroom is doing well also and I just found a little fan worm below him. My goniopora that I moved off the SB has also improved, more puffy and its sides seam to be growing. I have a few more acans coming very soon to complete my acan garden. Just not sure which direction to move the mushroom or palys.

042_zps280f5dd3.jpg020_zps454e7d50.jpg

Update on that one acan I bought for $5 from Saltcritters 4/7. The light turned off and it reacted by closing in on itself- the other 3 sets of acans didn't. I went to look in the tank and quickly turned the light back on, took the pic and turned it off. BABIES GALORE!!! I'm a proud mama. Crazy, you don't post something for a week and you're on page 7!! All of the acans have 2 babies but nothing like this one.

020_zps381f98cd.jpg

Great FTS! Looking so colorful n happy! The Acan w/ babies is just so cool! Looks like a little UFO fixing to take flight. It's rewarding your hard work on keeping the tank looking good with popping out behbes! Good job!

Wow this is just an awesome tank, I absolutely love it! It really makes me want to start my 10 gallon build even more than before.

Great FTS! Looking so colorful n happy! The Acan w/ babies is just so cool! Looks like a little UFO fixing to take flight. It's rewarding your hard work on keeping the tank looking good with popping out behbes! Good job!

Thanks Zia- I now see the resemblance to the UFO. Close Encounters of the Acan Kind!!! I did get 3 more sets of acans. They started coloring and puffing up and while I fed the tank I decided to give a little piece of Mysis to my new arrivals and they responded. That was only 3 hrs after having them in the tank. I'll try get a pic up of the new acans tomorrow.

I'll have a 20L in Jan and I have a 10 gal for a refugium/sump. Seems after you put in the baffles and have 3 sections there's little room for macros, gorgs, etc so I'm still unsure about my plan with that yet. I'm just in love w/ your display refugium. I know i'll put some macro in the 20 anyway.

Wow this is just an awesome tank, I absolutely love it! It really makes me want to start my 10 gallon build even more than before.

Thanks Eclipse- I've tried to giving everything a balanced look. Hope I've done that. Thanks for the compliments guys. I REALLY needed that today. Really needed to hear something positive today. You don't know how much. All I can tell you is tears sit at 1.025. That right there shows our connection to the ocean!!!

Not the greatest pics but here are my new acans 45 after I had them in the tank and then 3 hrs later. I definitely see an improvement, they filled out more and colored up more. They look so different from my other acans that I bought but maybe it's because they were only a head apiece and they didn't have all the skeleton attached. They look tiny right now but so did the other acans before. Can't wait to see them a week from now.

002_zpsd49427d6.jpg[/url

[url=http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/023_zps98b5ffec.jpg.html]023_zps98b5ffec.jpg

The goniopora looks good on the rocks! I can't wait for my acans to get poofy like yours!!! :)

I never would of thought to put it there but it does seem to like it better. I still might check out that Goniopower food for it though.

Hagen is soo sleepy. He's looking at me like, "Enough's enough already, you've been on that website all evening. I'm ready for bed". Think I'll oblige.

017_zps3c90a84e.jpg

Beaker, my dendro under Evolve blue light. Wish I could switch the Par38 to all blue sometimes. I keep it just for these times. And, was happy to see my brittle worm, I see him like once every 1.5 months so glad to see it's still there.

007_zps5fda531a.jpg

lol I kept the stock light just for that purpose, alot of my zoas open though when its on.

Mine too- does seem like some corals don't like when it's on though so I only keep it on for a few mins.

BattleAthletics

What doesnt like it? I used to keep mine on and all zoas would remain open, also duncans, etc...i dont have any sps in there other than a monti.

What doesnt like it? I used to keep mine on and all zoas would remain open, also duncans, etc...i dont have any sps in there other than a monti.

Maybe it was just the shock of the bright lights going off actually then, and not the blue light. I'll have to check more closely next time.

I never would of thought to put it there but it does seem to like it better. I still might check out that Goniopower food for it though.

I ordered that goniopower food and then ended up returning my goni! I suppose other corals would probably eat it too though.

I ordered that goniopower food and then ended up returning my goni! I suppose other corals would probably eat it too though.

I would think so according to what I've read. You can always find a small one, do you fancy the greenish/white or the pinkish red? You're right though, it did take up a lot of real estate

I would think so according to what I've read. You can always find a small one, do you fancy the greenish/white or the pinkish red? You're right though, it did take up a lot of real estate

I love both...I need one of each LOL. I would just need a bigger tank for them. :)

I love both...I need one of each LOL. I would just need a bigger tank for them. :)

Well, Gena, you know what you're going to have to do??? Do a sister set up on the right side of the couch now!!! for GoniLand.

Well, Gena, you know what you're going to have to do??? Do a sister set up on the right side of the couch now!!! for GoniLand.

That would require remodeling the house, since there's a wall there. :lol: I can totally see myself upgrading to a bigger tank at some point. Randi's new 4ft. tank will be my inspiration. :)

That would require remodeling the house, since there's a wall there. :lol: I can totally see myself upgrading to a bigger tank at some point. Randi's new 4ft. tank will be my inspiration. :)

If a man was going to answer this, he'd say- eh, psh- it's just a wall, knock it down! Of course then you find out it's load bearing and then you have a problem. I'll look forward to meeting Randi, and her hubby, and seeing her 4 ft tank evolve for sure. Reminds me of this one 6ft long 70gal tank that just posted recently. It's a beauty too.

No tank pics today but came home to my yellow ric on the sanded, I don't know if the super glue just weakened or what but I glued it back. And as I did that the red mushroom came off. Glued it back. My watermelons are 1/3 off the plug onto the rock and while they're doing that they don't look weakened but I'm sure it's just a transition phase issue. My superman rhodactis is huge today, don't know why some days they're bigger than others. Now it's touching both an acan and the head of a vivids rainbow polyp but everything seems to be ok so far.

This is either the look that says MOMMY I GOTTA POTTY or I'M GOING TO STARE AT YOU UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED.

005_zps4e3cfd71.jpg

If a man was going to answer this, he'd say- eh, psh- it's just a wall, knock it down! Of course then you find out it's load bearing and then you have a problem. I'll look forward to meeting Randi, and her hubby, and seeing her 4 ft tank evolve for sure. Reminds me of this one 6ft long 70gal tank that just posted recently. It's a beauty too.

Wow...that tank IS awesome! I love those dimensions!

Rhodactis can definitely stretch out when they are in the mood. :)

Wow...that tank IS awesome! I love those dimensions!

Rhodactis can definitely stretch out when they are in the mood. :)

I love it. Interesting thing, the light orange w/ lavender ric that had the sps fall on it and take out 1/3 or more it, was spurred into healing/growing mode and that one has since tripled in size and will be splitting soon, whereas the healthy yellow one that I just had to glue back on, has remained strong looking but hasn't grown. I think the other likes its placement better.

Archived