SaltCritters.com

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

Doesn't look much changed today at all. Do I wait to do a water change until it's split? It's only 2 gallons but I'm like a week behind right now?

Oh, and excellent mail day today. Got some back issues of CORAL. July/Aug 2012, Jan/Feb 2013 and March/April 2013. I want a red scooter blenny for my 20 so I couldn't resist the picture.

A week behind! Good God :) I'm in agreement with everyone else. A water change will not hurt anything. Like your coral collection. I have a few of the older issues myself.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you will be fine doing a water change. I don't think it will bother the mushroom much at all.

Definitely a nice mail day for you! I love Coral!

Nice mag. collection. :)

A water change won't hurt anything. I'd do it.

Cool, I'll do one tomorrow then. it's pretty much 1.5 gallons in the whole filter area back there. Thanks ladies!

Cool, I'll do one tomorrow then. it's pretty much 1.5 gallons in the whole filter area back there. Thanks ladies!

I perform my water changes in the filter area as well. This way I do not expose the gorgonians to air or disturb the fish, inverts, and coral. How are you this evening?

Doesn't look much changed today at all. Do I wait to do a water change until it's split? It's only 2 gallons but I'm like a week behind right now?

Oh, and excellent mail day today. Got some back issues of CORAL. July/Aug 2012, Jan/Feb 2013 and March/April 2013. I want a red scooter blenny for my 20 so I couldn't resist the picture.

A week behind! Good God :) I'm in agreement with everyone else. A water change will not hurt anything. Like your coral collection. I have a few of the older issues myself.

I know, wasn't like the end of the world but I didn't know how sensitive it is when it's splitting. 1/1= 2!!!

I know, wasn't like the end of the world but I didn't know how sensitive it is when it's splitting. 1/1= 2!!!

I'm just having a little fun. You are a very conscientious aquarist and I appreciate the fact that you want every living thing in your aquarium to thrive and be healthy. For this reason you will have a very beautiful and successful aquarium.

I perform my water changes in the filter area as well. This way I do not expose the gorgonians to air or disturb the fish, inverts, and coral. How are you this evening?-

I'm doing fine. It was just a weird moment for me the other day. Oh, and the one issue I noticed has hardy gorgonians!

Oh wow, in that issue it talks about Crochet Coral Reefs- http://crochetcoralreef.org- that's funky. I like crocheting.

6intro_03%20Satellite%20Reef%20page.JPG

Yeah, I'm always conscientious, maybe too much sometimes. I always hated it when I was a kid and I'd see other kids smash a lightning bug w/ their shoe and smear/drag it?? I didn't like the burning of ants with magnifying glasses either. Nor did I really care for dissecting the frog in highschool.

Yeah, I'm always conscientious, maybe too much sometimes. I always hated it when I was a kid and I'd see other kids smash a lightning bug w/ their shoe and smear/drag it?? I didn't like the burning of ants with magnifying glasses either. Nor did I really care for dissecting the frog in highschool.

The scary thing here is that you sound a lot like me. I am a Buddhist when it comes to living things and nature. The only thing I really harm are mosquitoes and that is only because it is action/reaction. They bite me and I swing.

Mosquitoes love me. I wonder if there's anything you can eat, i.e, lots of garlic, that might repel them. Work from the inside out. I can't stand bug sprays or lotions.

The mushroom today itself is smaller but the dividing hole is larger. Did a water change since everyone said it'd be fine to do it while it's separating. And just saw my stomatella spawn, 5-6 puffs.

004_zps08a988d1.jpg

Just had my Ricordia split in about 3 days. It's really amazing to watch things reproduce, grow, and thrive in our aquariums. Keep us updated on the progress.

Just had my Ricordia split in about 3 days. It's really amazing to watch things reproduce, grow, and thrive in our aquariums. Keep us updated on the progress.

Certainly will.

Unrelated to saltwater but it's still pets. My boy Hagen, friends with the neighbor's kitties Otis and then Louis. I had just brought in Hagen from outside and Otis and Hagen we're peering through the glass door, like "sorry, mom says I can't play". Pics w/ black kittty Louis were today.

015_zps3bbe91ea.jpg

020_zps7b66f3b0.jpg

009_zps2e8b4570.jpg

011_zps73fdac32.jpg

Am I seeing triple here? If so, wonderful buy back on 5/27 for $14.

001_zps5c763547.jpg

In more news...Hagen is excited, again, about the toy he sees every day!!!

009_zpsc900f35e.jpg

008_zps769557c2.jpg

and my incense burning little dragon- smoke comes out of his nostrils. More cuteness factor.

011_zps656ede10.jpg

I love the purple bonsai too! What type of SPS is that? An Acro?

Oh...I'm headed to Vivid Aquariums tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get me some pretty Vivid Rainbows like yours...at a not as great price. :lol:

That is cool that you're getting to watch your mushroom split into 3! I only ever see mine split into 2. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Hagen is adorable! What breed is he? He looks like he's super sweet to the neighbor cats.

I love the purple bonsai too! What type of SPS is that? An Acro?

Oh...I'm headed to Vivid Aquariums tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get me some pretty Vivid Rainbows like yours...at a not as great price. :lol:

I have no idea what kind of sps. Saltcritters doesn't name them but it's turning out really good. Dark purple w/ that yellow-green crayon color. A different one didn't make it. My green acro is 2/3 there. It's so so. I think it's the same one that Randi has.

That is cool that you're getting to watch your mushroom split into 3! I only ever see mine split into 2. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Hagen is adorable! What breed is he? He looks like he's super sweet to the neighbor cats.

Cocker spaniel, and he is very sweet to them now, I think he was feeding off the black one's energy at first because the first time they met Hagen jumped out of the Subaru and saw him and ran out of the garage and chased that cat down and around their porch and back. I thought, this is NOT a good introduction to meeting your neighbor!!!

I think had I seen some previous pics of other people's rhodactis splitting I would've understood it was just growing but up til this point I hadn't seen any so I'm happy it's going well. I notice it does the most splitting with lights out. Of course if I was going to put a crack down my middle I'd want to do it with the lights out too!!!

Oh, I haven't checked my params in a couple of weeks. Here were today's readings.

Nitrate 2.5 (the lowest it's been since I started the tank!!)- Salifert

pH 8- Salifert

calcium 440- Salifert

phosphate .25 API for these last 2.

KH 10 -----what is the goal for this reading? Is there a range? I get mixed info on this.

The scary thing here is that you sound a lot like me. I am a Buddhist when it comes to living things and nature. The only thing I really harm are mosquitoes and that is only because it is action/reaction. They bite me and I swing.

Ima Buddhist :)

Istimereefer this is gorgeous. How did I miss this thread? go mushy go!

I have no idea what kind of sps. Saltcritters doesn't name them but it's turning out really good. Dark purple w/ that yellow-green crayon color. A different one didn't make it. My green acro is 2/3 there. It's so so. I think it's the same one that Randi has.

Whatever it is...it's very pretty.

My son calls himself a Buddhist. They studied all the religions in school last year and he picked that one as his favorite....he's a smart kid. I'm so proud of him. :)

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm addicted. I can't believe I just bought 6 corals on Saltcritters. But, I had one sps on top and a blasto on the bottom that didn't make it, so I have 2 right there to replace. And I'm missing having something on the left side and under the rock bridge on the right. I couldn't pass up 40% off til midnight though. Of my treats are a ricordea and a red montipora capricornis, and a couple more things. One I have no idea- I picked a mystery for $5 as well. Kinda fun not knowing what you're gonna get. I'm packed on the bottom. If anything doesn't work out I'll sell it to my friends at work, they had to move their corals out and into a biocube 29 because their dognosed puffer was chomping.

Archived