ReefCleaners.org

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're having babies all over the place so didn't know where the process was.

I bought a Jebao W25 last night. And a Chemipure Elite 11 oz. I also have 30 lbs of aragonite, 20 of it being Aarag Alive and then another 20 of Hawaiian Black, still not sure which way I'm going with my sandbed. Would I even use the Chemipure Elite while cycling? or best not to waste it and use it later when I'm in the diatom part of my cycle? Or even after that? When everything is pure zero?

Oh hey, totally diff topic but when I came home I made peppermint mini choc chip ice cream. How's your boys spaces where his teeth used to be?

I know....it's a nursery in my tank most of the time. :lol:

I would wait on the Chemipure until after the cycle. No harm using it after the cycle. It's carbon and GFO...I use it too. Just not in the Chemipure packaging.

We have mint chocolate chip in the freezer right now. :D He's doing great! Thanks for asking. That one tooth is moving on down where it's supposed to be now. His pulled tooth healed up perfectly. :)

Wait are you getting a 20 long?

Got one 7/1 during a $1 sale, and since then have bought a 10 gallon w/ lid for not sure which, sump or sump w/ fuge, heater, thermometer ,a modded AC70 months back, and just got the WP25 today. I took it out of the box. Feels very sturdy. My original plans were to start for Jan 1 but.......due to this little addiction I have with buying frags I'm fragged up in my little 8 so I'm expanding now for 11/1.

Just been getting a few things at a time. The stand I had for my previous 29 gallon freshwater. I just don't know if there would be too much going into the outlet there. The tv, Bose, dvd player are there already. I know I'd get a surge protector but the tank would then go be hooked up to the same outlet. If that won't work I'll have to put the 20 on the walnut chest and then have to move the 8 gallon and the only option for that is in the bedroom. I'd never see it then as I spend all my waking time in the living room.

001_zps308ebe8f.jpg

And guess what? Took this picture and then my camera broke. I slid the camera card in and it didn't catch and hold it. It won't stay unless that works so I can't take pics now. I don't see how a little thing like that can be fixed. Nikon D80 and everything else works on it. I bet you that fixing that little thing would cost like $200 at which point I might as well get a new point and shoot on credit card. ??? those little cameras have more megapixels than this anyway. But it stinks, it was working fine and everything.

I've been watching your mushroom garden grow over the past weeks which has provided me with tons of inspiration. The colours are fantastic - and I love the amphipod hunting crew :) Slim's down-to-business expression is awesome. Can't wait to follow along with your 20L build.

I love the 6 line, many times he's facing down w/ his nose/mouth near the bottom of the frags as he knows that's where he sees the pods. I fed my acans, dendro, Duncan, rock flower yesterday and he stole some food. I wonder about him right now because its pink where he looks a little bloated in his stomach from stealing food, as well as on the top right behind his eyes, his forehead. He might just be bloated and it'll pass. No one's getting fed tonight at all. I only planned on every 2 days anyway for some supplementation for the fish since there are 2 now.

lovely, he was a young man. so sorry

Thank You, he was a good man, real good man, respectful and true to his word.

You have a great eye for color! I love the tank.

You also make me wish I could get a six line :lol:

Thank You. With all the coralline I have to pick bright colors.

I know....it's a nursery in my tank most of the time. :lol:

I would wait on the Chemipure until after the cycle. No harm using it after the cycle. It's carbon and GFO...I use it too. Just not in the Chemipure packaging.

We have mint chocolate chip in the freezer right now. :D He's doing great! Thanks for asking. That one tooth is moving on down where it's supposed to be now. His pulled tooth healed up perfectly. :)

Glad to hear his space is getting rented out, and fast.

Ok, back in biz w/ my camera- thin sliver of card fell in the shaft when I took the card out. Thank God for Google for looking up searches for D80 w/ problems w/ card readers. Anyway, here's Slide. Doesn't look so hot. You think he'll be ok? Look at his coloration. I saw some poop fall in the tank just now so it has to be his.

012_zps3dc6a3c3.jpg

017_zps5f1b669e.jpg

016_zps3a3b1ff7.jpg

More pics just because I'm happy I fixed my camera.

029_zps296f22d1.jpg

030_zps734b3918.jpg

And my boy is dropping me hints he wants to play. He'll plop it right in my nap and then nudge it further with his nose.

028_zps3add066a.jpg

And telling me he wants something else. OUTSIDE!!!

027_zps40e05452.jpg

My 6line is one of my favorite fish. Ive seen it clean the gills on my Anthias like a cleaner wrasse. I have a Spaniel too.

Does he look normal? do they get pink and lose some striping when they're bloated?

I don't think spaniels are ever supposed to get pink or stripes. :lol:;)

...Oh, you meant the fish. Yeah, I'd do some more research. Perhaps a parasite. Probably treatable.

It happened overnight. I'm wondering if he's just a little green from being bloated? This is the first day I've seen this. And he was around when I fed my acans, dendro, Duncan, rock flower- he was stealing food.

Mr. Microscope

It happened overnight. I'm wondering if he's just a little green from being bloated? This is the first day I've seen this. And he was around when I fed my acans, dendro, Duncan, rock flower- he was stealing food.

Maybe just too much food then. When I had a four line wrasse, it got completely bloated like that once or twice from eating too much (also stealing from corals). It was fine though.

Maybe just too much food then. When I had a four line wrasse, it got completely bloated like that once or twice from eating too much (also stealing from corals). It was fine though.

I'm believing it's only that because I fed at like 10pm last night and when I came home at 5:30 today he looked like this. I'm due for a water change tomorrow. Maybe that will help. He had a piece of food too big for his mouth and he swam around with it attached to his lips. My corals like Reef Frenzy for nanos. Apparently so does he.

Copepods or any other rock dwellers were impossible to be found in LFS and when I got my 6liner home, he went on the mission. For two straight days he would pick on every copepod and worm he could find. And as in your case he got bloated and with signs of discomfort. Hiding between LR for the next 3 days and occasionally coming out to beg neon goby for his services. I am watching him closely but it seems that he might pull tru this nonsense. I hope yours will get better. As a side note..... And I mentioned this b4. Try Microbe-lift. It is reef safe. Trust me, I use it all the time. To be honest I have no clue what is in in it or how it works but it effects their immune system. I had badly infested fish that would recover in a week ..... sometimes days after daily dosage of Microbe-Lift, vitamin C and their fav food (along with small but frequent water changes). Good luck

Copepods or any other rock dwellers were impossible to be found in LFS and when I got my 6liner home, he went on the mission. For two straight days he would pick on every copepod and worm he could find. And as in your case he got bloated and with signs of discomfort. Hiding between LR for the next 3 days and occasionally coming out to beg neon goby for his services. I am watching him closely but it seems that he might pull tru this nonsense. I hope yours will get better. As a side note..... And I mentioned this b4. Try Microbe-lift. It is reef safe. Trust me, I use it all the time. To be honest I have no clue what is in in it or how it works but it effects their immune system. I had badly infested fish that would recover in a week ..... sometimes days after daily dosage of Microbe-Lift, vitamin C and their fav food (along with small but frequent water changes). Good luck

can you put it in the water in the tank or do you put it in food?

1ml per 5gallons. Skimmer OFF. Use it in main display. That's what is so cool about it. Doesn't harm corals or inverts. No chemicals

ok, I don't have a skimmer on my evolve but do I have to take out the chemipure elite? or will it be ok?

Does he look normal? do they get pink and lose some striping when they're bloated?

He looks normal as far as I can tell. Hes small, only a couple of inches. I will try to get a pic for you today.

Holy crap I missed a lot in the past few months. Tank is looking great, looking forward to seeing the 20L setup. Wish I had updates on my tank but nothing has changed. So many things going on in life right now but hopefully I will be updating once we get into the new house. Good luck with everything!

Holy crap I missed a lot in the past few months. Tank is looking great, looking forward to seeing the 20L setup. Wish I had updates on my tank but nothing has changed. So many things going on in life right now but hopefully I will be updating once we get into the new house. Good luck with everything!

yeah, I was wondering about you the other day. Your house, move, etc.

My tank is surely coming along, I have a new word to describe my little tank, fragtastic- I have no will power, I just want more variety, more corals, even more color and I didn't even give them much chance to grow out but I bought them pushing me towards upgrading. I'll keep some corals in there and I'll move some to the 20.

I got together w/ FlCandi- she is literally .4 of a mile from me here in Royal Pines now, the one that moved from Fl with her husband. I got to see her glorious tank for an hour. Incredible. It's one of those things that you see and then you feel deflated when you see your own. She's really cool. We'll have to get together sometime.

Aquascapers just posted this new zoa for sale for $65. Look familiar?? =P

http://www.aquascapers.com/store/zoanthids/447-searchlight-z-sociatus-13-polyps.html

I think Aquascapers is getting too expensive for me now. Every update I see their price go up...*sigh*

Oh my gosh! Yep, it sure IS the same. Good buy. Hope those are looking good for ya. My peach ones are still - Neh. I might try some reef food or something to perk up all my zoas. Even the ones that I had that used to look good, the zoas are so so now. My large Vivid Rainbow Paly on the other hand is fantastic. Might be time for some coral reef food like I said- maybe that will help the peach ones. They're partially open.

Maybe I'm just hypersensitive? I just know he wasn't pink before. He just ate a few mini pellets that have some algae so maybe that'll help.

Or maybe my sixline was always constipated :lol:

Most of those new zoas are already sold....on Aquascapers site. The thing I love about their zoas is it's not just one or two polyps, but a whole mini colony. I love their stuff. :wub:

Or maybe my sixline was always constipated :lol:

Most of those new zoas are already sold....on Aquascapers site. The thing I love about their zoas is it's not just one or two polyps, but a whole mini colony. I love their stuff. :wub:

Did you have the pink wrasse? is that what I saw in your Itch thread?

Archived