inTank Media Baskets

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found out that I can buy those 10x12 sheets of glass at Lowes and they can cut them. Believe me, paying $4 for the glass etcher and practice glass will cost more than if I have them do $2 a cut or whatever it is. I only need 4 sheets of glass the way I'm lookin' at it.

So the skimmer sits at the top of the tank so that would mean my 2nd baffle can be high, right?

From what it looks like I can have 4 10x10 pieces of glass. Because it seems to me all in the above example are the same size, it just depends if the were raised or not, right? And except for the raised one the others all sit on the bottom.

They cut the glass for free. Although their glass is too thin, I wouldn't use it.

They cut the glass for free. Although their glass is too thin, I wouldn't use it.

What are other options? The framing sections of hobby stores?

What are other options? The framing sections of hobby stores?

I'd get 1/4" from a glass place or local tank builder. Seen too many people have the 1/8" stuff from lowes crack.

I'd get 1/4" from a glass place or local tank builder. Seen too many people have the 1/8" stuff from lowes crack.

thanks, I'll do that then. jotting that down.

New pictures. Everyday I see the mushroom grow a little more. It's getting bigger and more detailed. Love that little guy. Love what he's turning into. And to think he was only $5 on Saltcritters.

055_zps10a8d7f6.jpg

035_zpsa868053d.jpg

I moved the yellow zoas off the sand and the green people eaters (which those amphipods ruined)- only 1 head really but I'm giving the others a shot- yeah, they're the CLOSED ones beneath yellow.

075_zps2d2cbaa7.jpg

Pic of Duncan and some gsp. I have 2 little clumps and one bigger one in the back right going up the wall an inch so far. I'd love to see a completely green lushious wall.

057_zpsf8ba4b7a.jpg

Pic of SaltyStick Mtn- the center nub below the red monti is what broke off and I glued down. Red monti turning more red, to the left it's turning more purple.

080_zpsb4e356f1.jpg

I told you NOT to take a picture of me- great! You got me while I was talking.

090_zps4c53c8b9.jpg

093_zps9f2a30fb.jpg

How did you get the saltcritter zoas off the frag plug???

My yellow ones had a nice chunk of glue underneath so I jimmied a thin knife under there and popped it up. Sometimes you don't have much luck and some will get messed up but I found at times it's something like that which will help them regenerate and spread faster.

You could also take a dremel and slice the plug bottom off and then grind it down underneath until it's flatter. Of course I've also heard people predrill their rock and then just sit them in. And if they have to remove it they can if they need to dip or something. And until it's filled in it does give more filtration I suppose.

Hi. :flower:

Looks like the duncans are saying, "hey...back off, GSP!!!!"

Hagen is such a handsome boy. :D

Yeah, exactly why I moved the Duncan behind the rock, he was playing footsies w/ my acan. Oh, the coral that broke off yesterday? The baby frag has polyp extension today so it's doing well. It's located like 2" higher than it was so I'm curious to see how it fairs.

Yeah, exactly why I moved the Duncan behind the rock, he was playing footsies w/ my acan. Oh, the coral that broke off yesterday? The baby frag has polyp extension today so it's doing well. It's located like 2" higher than it was so I'm curious to see how it fairs.

Nice! You can observe if there is any color difference. I hope it grows fast for you. :)

Nice! You can observe if there is any color difference. I hope it grows fast for you. :)

I'd love to see that. When a piece is damaged on birdsnest I think it is? does it tend to bounce back quicker? like that ricordea I had?

I'd love to see that. When a piece is damaged on birdsnest I think it is? does it tend to bounce back quicker? like that ricordea I had?

I don't know. I've had tips break off and they seemed to take forever to grow when I glued them down someplace else. Health-wise they were fine though.

Got a delivery of Coral Frenzy and Reef Bugs, I put just a pinch of each in 3/4 a cup of saltwater waited the 20 mins for the reef bugs and dumped it in. I'd like to see if really perk up my goniopora and my green People Eater zoas. I have one lonely polyp head after the amphipods went to town on the zoa and the goniopora has completely hidden now. Presuming it'll help the sps as well. I'll just do it every Wed and Sat/Sun see how things transpire.

Anyone like to add how those 2 products have helped their reefs?

Got a delivery of Coral Frenzy and Reef Bugs, I put just a pinch of each in 3/4 a cup of saltwater waited the 20 mins for the reef bugs and dumped it in. I'd like to see if really perk up my goniopora and my green People Eater zoas. I have one lonely polyp head after the amphipods went to town on the zoa and the goniopora has completely hidden now. Presuming it'll help the sps as well. I'll just do it every Wed and Sat/Sun see how things transpire.

Anyone like to add how those 2 products have helped their reefs?

Ohhh...I hope someone chimes in. I can't wait to hear your review too. Sounds interesting.

I moved the vice zoas that were being attacked by the amphipods. It's doing so much better now. Guess they just can't be on any of the ricordea island rocks. That's where the pods are hanging out.

You might try moving your attacked zoas if you haven't already.

Ohhh...I hope someone chimes in. I can't wait to hear your review too. Sounds interesting.

I moved the vice zoas that were being attacked by the amphipods. It's doing so much better now. Guess they just can't be on any of the ricordea island rocks. That's where the pods are hanging out.

You might try moving your attacked zoas if you haven't already.

Yep, all were moved off the sand when took my pics last, unfortunately, in a small tank they will get everywhere but Slide has been doing so wonderfully that I only saw one the other day when usually I'd see like 10 at once.

Glad the little guy is taking care of that for you now let me know when your ready and the vice will be fragged.

I don't know if I should do it now or wait til I have my 34 going. I did see a large one still yesterday. Either he's eaten a lot, which I know he has, or they're a helluva lot better of hiding and steering clear of him. I'm sure they didn't know what him them.

I picked up my glass today- four 1/4" 10X10 pieces. If I need a couple shorter I can always have them cut off another inch or something once I see what happens. What's the best glue/silicone to keep them so sturdy? Where can I get it? And any tips? I'll watch some youtube videos & all but there needs to be a clamp that while holding the edge of the aquarium and your baffle, creates a perfect 90 degree angle so you can glue it.

001_zps977c2ab1.jpg

I picked up my glass today- four 1/4" 10X10 pieces. If I need a couple shorter I can always have them cut off another inch or something once I see what happens. What's the best glue/silicone to keep them so sturdy? Where can I get it? And any tips? I'll watch some youtube videos & all but there needs to be a clamp that while holding the edge of the aquarium and your baffle, creates a perfect 90 degree angle so you can glue it.

001_zps977c2ab1.jpg

PetCo and PetSmart carry it in the fish isle. Should be along the nets etc called aquarium silicone Sometimes they have both the clear and black sometimes only the black.

ok,I work across from Petco and live near the other. Petsmart is usually a touch cheaper though. Cool.

If I could of done my sump again on my 55 that I used to have I would of gone acrylic.

Glad there is progress on its way.

Why is that? I hear many people say the opposite? What happened?

Archived