Coral Vue Hydros

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Way too much work to do that without a lot of reward IMHO, as to me it still looks like it is supposed to have a top.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I was going to do a lid and the pico skimmer too if/when I do the Pico 5g. Will probably be a while, though.

That's without lid/etc. Just the tank.

Yeah, I know. I'm looking heavily at this set up... My wife would kill me if I did it. My birthday IS coming up though so... Maybe I can justify it?

Haha, yeah right. :mellow:

jedimasterben

Just watched my leopard wrasse act like it was diving into the sand for the night, but all it did was shake around and pile up sand everywhere! It knows that it isn't bedtime, as it has now adjusted to going to bed around 10:30-11PM.

She's now cruising the tank poking around at pods like nothing happened. Bitch <_<

Fish do crazy things at times. I've caught my clown body surfing the flow from my power head more than once.

Edit: you got my 100th post :D

jedimasterben

Maybe she had an itch that needed a good scratching

Or she knows how make me mad lol

Fish do crazy things at times. I've caught my clown body surfing the flow from my power head more than once.

I had a pair of pipefish early last year that would sleep in front of an MP10 at night. And people say that pipefish are like seahorses and can barely swim :D

Edit: you got my 100th post :D

IT'S MIIIINNEEE!!! ALLLLLLLLL MIINNNNNNNNNNEE!!

IMG_7839.jpg

If the dinos keep on killing corals, you should do a fowlr/macro algae system, keep the nems though.

Also your new damsels reminded me, when I was snorkeling a few days ago I got to see a huge Microspathodon dorsalis (Big azz damsel) easily 12-14 inches long!

jedimasterben

If the dinos keep on killing corals, you should do a fowlr/macro algae system, keep the nems though.

They seem to aggravate macros more than corals, in addition, the tang and rabbitfish make quick work of everything but halimeda.

$240 shipped total for the PicO 5g. Hmm.

I paid $52 shipping to Colorado. $260ish for the life net top, some filter pads and the tank. Pretty reasonable compared to the $450 for the Nanobox/BF. :) Totally worth it.

bdevillier19

Hmmm. Office 5g PicO? Total cost would be about $500 before livestock with a Nanobox Tide.

i was thinking the same exact thing, however, they shut the ac off over the weekend in my office and being that i live in phoenix, that means it gets too hot to have a tank :tears:

jedimasterben

I work in IT, the whole building is climate controlled, not just the server room, so at the very least it would be kept cool, would probably be the first tank I've ever had that would need a heater :)

jedimasterben

I just realized - I placed my order for my Hawkwing conch on July 4th, 2012, got him that Friday, so I've had him almost two years!

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

He's quite the acrobat :D

jedimasterben

I dunno, he has not been affected at all. He received the same strong bath that everything did before entering and it appears to have worked well, as he was in for what, a month at least before the dino's reappeared.

If either of you had to guess, how long do you think that it would take for these strings to grow, which are causing these corals to close and will eventually kill them.

IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

Apologies for the blurry pictures.

WTF have you done to my beautiful frags?

Archived