Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Took out 30lbs of rock from the display since I won't be using it to set up the nano tank now that dinos are back in full force.

IMG_20140622_154900445.jpg

IMG_20140622_154911160.jpg

IMG_20140622_154915259.jpg

IMG_20140622_154924759.jpg

IMG_20140622_154931837.jpg

IMG_20140622_155006469.jpg

My skimmer has been completely unusable since I noticed it overflowing on Friday afternoon. I have removed the exit tube completely and yet it continues to overflow. I do not understand what is going on, so I've simply turned it off for now. I'll give it another shot in a few days. It was working so well, too.

My fang blenny has been MIA for about a week and a half now. I didn't see it at all during the rescape, so I'm unfortunately going to have to assume it's gone. All other fish (both ruby reds, the leopard wrasse, chromis, both Springer's damsels, the rabbitfish, clown, watchman goby, and tang) are accounted for.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

Satan, the anemone.

IMG_7891.jpg

Even the CUC members have their own dinos lol

IMG_7900.jpg

My photosynthetic sponge is starting to regrow, despite dinos. Could it be from the silica dosing? Maybe, but probably not.

IMG_7906.jpg

Please don't eat me.

IMG_7912.jpg

Hay. Hayyyy. You can eat me as long as you feed me.

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7972.jpg

jedimasterben

Still looks good Ben! I like the scape a lot. Is that a strombus snail?

Yes, got them from gulfsurfer a few weeks back. They're awesome little guys!

I've also some sort of almost clear snails that come out at night from the KPA live rock, I saw them last night when I was checking things out really late after the lgihts went out. Gonna try and get a pic tonight :)

Yes, got them from gulfsurfer a few weeks back. They're awesome little guys!

I've also some sort of almost clear snails that come out at night from the KPA live rock, I saw them last night when I was checking things out really late after the lgihts went out. Gonna try and get a pic tonight :)

I thought it was a strombus!

Def. get a picture of the KPA snails. I'll see if I have anything similar in my tank. My ceriths decided to go nuts and put a bunch of eggs on the glass the last couple of weeks. Should be interesting.

Man, such a struggle you've been having, I can't imagine, but at least no additional dinos since you stopped getting muck from that area, right?

I have zillions of these tiny snails that climb the tank glass and rocks in the evening, as soon as the white lights drop below a certain level. They're eating something, so gogo tiny snails.

jedimasterben

I thought it was a strombus!

Def. get a picture of the KPA snails. I'll see if I have anything similar in my tank. My ceriths decided to go nuts and put a bunch of eggs on the glass the last couple of weeks. Should be interesting.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, as painful as that sounds :D

Man, such a struggle you've been having, I can't imagine, but at least no additional dinos since you stopped getting muck from that area, right?

No, but more wouldn't be any worse lol. Mr. Pants (a guy on here and a couple other forums that studies dinos) says that in mangrove habitats viruses may be the biological control of dinos. Who knows, maybe a scoop of sand or another clump of macros would introduce the viruses and do some good lol.

I have zillions of these tiny snails that climb the tank glass and rocks in the evening, as soon as the white lights drop below a certain level. They're eating something, so gogo tiny snails.

Snail a palooza!

the middle scape looks mean

It is, it told me I was stupid earlier :(

;)

Was just at a LFS, and their frag tanks were infested with dinos.. High end stuff too. Still selling them like nothing is wrong :huh: Sad really.. I won't be getting anything out of the that place, that's for sure!

jedimasterben

Thanks everyone!

Moar sunflowers!

IMG_20140625_162350484.jpg

What Clyde thinks of me sometimes.

IMG_20140625_163958001.jpg

Noooo, it are my birfday! (not really, just found this in one of the tech rooms at a school lol)

IMG_20140625_134201140.jpg

Hmmm. Office 5g PicO? Total cost would be about $500 before livestock with a Nanobox Tide.

I was thinking this too, I settled on a BC14, got it from dr foster for 165, albeit I got it before the 5 gal was released.

jedimasterben

I actually have a BC14 sitting at my house, but it's a bit too large, wanna keep it small. I've also got a couple of rimless 3g tanks, but I would want an AiO. Just dunno if I really want to spend the dinero for it.

jedimasterben

But then I have a tank that was meant to be run with a top that now has no top but still looks like it has a top.

Archived