inTank Media Baskets

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Hooooolllyyyy ####. So Zia said that he runs his single Durso drain 5-6" below the water line in the sump and it doesn't toilet flush, is silent, and doesn't microbubble theshit out of his tank..... and holy ####, he's right. I stuck a longer piece on it, and BAM. It's silent other than the bubbles popping now, which is whisper quiet. Oh my god. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZIA

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooooolllyyyy ####. So Zia said that he runs his single Durso drain 5-6" below the water line in the sump and it doesn't toilet flush, is silent, and doesn't microbubble theshit out of his tank..... and holy ####, he's right. I stuck a longer piece on it, and BAM. It's silent other than the bubbles popping now, which is whisper quiet. Oh my god. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZIA

you didn't know a perfect siphon is silent? It's how my tank is run too and it's dead silent, as my wife siad that was one of the rules for it being in the living room lol

when I quote you I can see the swear words :lol:

jedimasterben

you didn't know a perfect siphon is silent? It's how my tank is run too and it's dead silent, as my wife siad that was one of the rules for it being in the living room lol

I'm not running a full siphon, I've only got a single Durso drain running ~150GPH through it (now I've upped it to ~300 with the same results, awwww yeah!).

when I quote you I can see the swear words :lol:

You didn't know that? :lol:

I'm not running a full siphon, I've only got a single Durso drain running ~150GPH through it (now I've upped it to ~300 with the same results, awwww yeah!).

You didn't know that? :lol:

I see what you did there!

thus the reason I did away with running filter socks and just left the flex tube hanging in the sump.

jedimasterben

thus the reason I did away with running filter socks and just left the flex tube hanging in the sump.

Yep, eff socks, I'm way too lazy to replace those once every few weeks, much less every couple days.

NirvanaandTool

Bought it second hand, though it was new. I guess the guy didn't have the original box.

Ah gotcha. How'd it hold up in the water test?

NirvanaandTool

Forgot this picture. Clyde approves of the new sump :)

IMG_20140527_165105705.jpg

Trigger System sumps are pet approved.

IMG_20140106_202531_414.jpg

Congrats on the completion of the light. How long till u start building another? I am looking forward to hearing how the corals respond to the new light. Keep us posted

jedimasterben

Congrats on the completion of the light. How long till u start building another? I am looking forward to hearing how the corals respond to the new light. Keep us posted

:ninja:

:)

Benny, I can't download the picture of Clyde on the light from gtalk. Can you post it here please. :flower:

Which one, I have so many.

IMG_20140529_181849006.jpg

SatJan23155805AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

0805092025.jpg

2013_02_04__22_05_10.jpg

831b660c.jpg

camera004.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

b9037317.jpg

0718090853.jpg

IMG_20140315_212213702.jpg

IMG_20130224_125216.jpg

2010-01-26172806.jpg

:)

Have the rocks started melting under that light yet? :lol:

My daughter wants your Kitty... like our 3 aren't enough...

jedimasterben

Have the rocks started melting under that light yet? :lol:

No, I made sure to tone it down except for my testing lol. About 200 PAR on the sandbed, uncorrected, just from the LEDs. Will get some more accurate numbers hopefully tomorrow. Was planning on really playing around with it today but I've had a major headache for the better part of this afternoon/evening, go figure.

My daughter wants your Kitty... like our 3 aren't enough...

:lol:

NirvanaandTool

I give it a month til you redesign it when something new comes out :P JK looks awesome man. Congrats on getting it finished.

jedimasterben

Oh, I'll always have something in the works :)

luckily, this one will be incredibly difficult to do anything more than just a straight swap of LED stars thanks to how the wiring is run, so that gives me incentive to stop dicking around with it all the time lol

Archived