Pod Your Reef

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Was out of town yesterday. Once the sun goes down, I'll be getting some pics with the DSLR (if it's still daylight or even dusk, the window gives far too much glare). And if my wife doesn't blow me off (WHOA NOW) then she said she would help me in getting PAR numbers. I really need to make a jig to hold the PAR sensor so I don't ahve to stick my arm in the water the whole time lol.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

+1 for wife blowing you. Off.

:lol:

I got yer damn PAR readings. I'm converting the raw data into corrected PAR now. Jeez. :P

SouthFlorida_Tron

Oh wow, an inhousemade t5/led light? Awesome, is this the one you've been working on for 50 years? :P

jedimasterben

Oh wow, an inhousemade t5/led light? Awesome, is this the one you've been working on for 50 years? :P

bird.gif

:D

Did you jump up and down like a little kid on Christmas when you finally fired that bad boy up over the tank for the first time?

jedimasterben

All LED at 1A (except B/R at 700mA)
all%20LED%201a%20par.jpg

All LED at 700mA
all%20LED%20700ma%20par.jpg

All LED at 1A (except B/R at 700mA) with 2x Blue Plus
all%20led%20t5%201a%20par.jpg

All LED at 700mA with 2x Blue Plus
all%20led%20t5%20700ma%20par.jpg

jedimasterben

And to reiterate, that's at 26" for the LEDs for the sandbed reading in the middle. I think the T5 would be a bit lower since they sit lower, those are at around 22" distance.

jedimasterben

Took some pics with just the Blue Plus on.

So I found a yuma. I have no clue where it came from, I don't remember buying one anywhere!

IMG_7060.jpg

Satan the (mini mini??) anemone, aka Viking's mother in law :)

IMG_7069.jpg

Some zoas and palys from kat :wub:

IMG_7073.jpg

My friend's red rock flower that he is probably not getting back since I'll never be able to get it out of that rock lol

IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

God I love my maxi minis!

IMG_7096.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

jedimasterben

Woodpeckers are dumb. There is one at my parent's house that pecks at the same spot on a big metal pole for at least 10-20 minutes every single day. You'd think that after a while he'd figure out he's making no progress and give up lol

So Ben what is considered a "good par number" to shoot for? I presume it all depends on what you're keeping but just thought I would ask.

jedimasterben

A minimum of 100 on the sandbed, maximum of ~150 on the sandbed for all types of tanks with all types of corals.

Woodpeckers are dumb. There is one at my parent's house that pecks at the same spot on a big metal pole for at least 10-20 minutes every single day. You'd think that after a while he'd figure out he's making no progress and give up lol

LOL!

Archived