ReefCleaners.org

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some Dino show up today... They always show up whenever something drastic changes with the tank. This time was a new sandbed and a 100% water change. Ahh....how they love freshly mixed sea water.

jedimasterben

The back wall of the tank is covered with very short hair algae. Took a sample under a scope and there are dinos stuck to it. Still lots of dead ones when I scraped a rock, though. I think another 3-day blackout is in order soon, but my gorgonians are just now recovering from the last one. My big new green leather was SO happy when I turned the lights on, as I received it a couple of days before the blackout and it was just then settling in. Now it's all extended and happy.

Anyway, I finally ordered my starboard this morning. I forgot to call the guy earlier this week, but since he is shipping it today, I should receive it tomorrow since he is close to me. I ordered it in two pieces so that I would not need to remove everything from the tank to get it put in, I can remove some rocks and just slide the others around. I'm gonna start removing the sand today. Hopefully this gives a less 'grabby' surface for the dinos and can keep them moving through the UV sterilizer.

I don't know how to search within a thread but did you try hydrogen peroxide at all in small, daily doses? You may have and my post may be redundant. I have read some previous threads on success with blackouts and daily H202.

jedimasterben

I don't know how to search within a thread but did you try hydrogen peroxide at all in small, daily doses? You may have and my post may be redundant. I have read some previous threads on success with blackouts and daily H202.

At its peak I was dosing around a liter of 3% peroxide daily. No change. I also have a hosting anemone now, so peroxide is out of the equation.

jedimasterben

I have the bluefish at the very top of my little electrical area, because its the most important part of it. The top is sealed off from getting water onto it, yet when I just looked at the controller, it had salt creep on top and a friendly little drip in the Electric Imp slot. The controller powers on and gives the status light, and the electric imp card blinked orange, then red, then green, then red, so I'd imagine its toast.

I think Benny should switch his avatar to this cutie pie dino.

or this

how-to-draw-a-cute-dinosaur_1_0000000042

Although this character totally reminds me of Benny

cricket-wireless-how-big-large-8.jpg

Cure Dinosaurs are lame! Realistic rules :P

20110410150805!Giganotosaurus.jpg

Carcharodontosaurus.jpg

Spinosaurus.jpg

Tyrannosaurus-rex.73505.jpg

jedimasterben

So a new Electric Imp card is $30. If it is the socket, though, then I'm probably screwed. I can't really see into the slot to check it, which sucks.

jedimasterben

Ewwww BB.

I know. Hopefully will look decent once I get the starboard in place.

Ahh you don't need them anyways ;).

Pretty sure I do, don't exactly get a lot of PAR from two tubes. My nem isn't gonna be happy, neither are the gorgonians!

I'd hope you know I was busting your balls lol. I love bare bottom. TBH with you though, if you are adding starboard, just personally wouldn't do it without draining the tank and siliconing (not sure if that's an actual word lol) around the starboard. When I tore my tank down there was an ungodly amount of shit under the starboard.

Archived