Cultivated Reef

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Tank looks great, Ben. No more dino, hopefully?

Unfortunately they're still there, just encysted for future decimation. I will certainly be enjoying this time while it lasts, though. :)

Wow that nem is giant. Looks awesome.

Yeah, I'm worried what I'll come home to today :lol:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Right. Acid washed, and the dinos are on the stuff you put in your tank, not all of it.

None of it is in my tank. It's sitting outside since I have been too lazy to bring it in :P

jedimasterben

That is big anemone. Hope it does well.

Me, too! This nem is darkly colored, has very sticky tentacles, and has a TIGHT hold on the rock, so I think it's gonna be just fine!

new nem is gorgeous, it clearly decided it was centerpiece material on its own.

Exactly! It's like bishes, I'm front and center because I AM front and center!

Well, I got some macros from Wendy (whose tank is here and you should go check it out, it's simple and pretty), some Caulerpa cupressoides, and she also sent me a little Cymopolia barbata and Titanophora weberae. The rabbitfish has already taste-tested all of them, though it does seem that he'll make quick work of the red titan. Drat!

After trying hard to get the cactus caulerpa into the sand, stirring it up in the process and clouding the tank a little, I went ahead and cleaned the glass to get some pics, so if the particulates calm down soon I'll try and get some pics tonight. My black clown is already chilling in the nem :)

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/rerayg/media/46Tank/crazy-rabbit_zps29526694.jpg.html'>crazy-rabbit_zps29526694.jpg

Sounds like your Rabbit is really hungry! Glad everything showed up in good shape, but might be decimated soon!

Yeah, I had to cut that Cactus Caulerpa out above the roots because it was holding on tight to my rough substrate.

You may have to stick a rock on top of some of it until the roots grow back & get a good hold. That is if burying

it didn't work. :P

Love how awesomely HUGE your new nem has spread out & so jealous of your clown already hosting it!!

jedimasterben

Sounds like your Rabbit is really hungry! Glad everything showed up in good shape, but might be decimated soon!

Yeah, I had to cut that Cactus Caulerpa out above the roots because it was holding on tight to my rough substrate.

You may have to stick a rock on top of some of it until the roots grow back & get a good hold. That is if burying

it didn't work. :P

Love how awesomely HUGE your new nem has spread out & so jealous of your clown already hosting it!!

That pic is awesome! :lol:

Luckily the rabbit doesn't seem TOO interested in any of it, though the red titan looks to have a few less tips on it <_<

I'm gonna get some pics soon, and maybe a video of the nem, I took the covers off the MP40s now that it is settled in and it's BEAUTIFUL flapping in the current!

That pic is awesome! :lol:

Luckily the rabbit doesn't seem TOO interested in any of it, though the red titan looks to have a few less tips on it <_<

I'm gonna get some pics soon, and maybe a video of the nem, I took the covers off the MP40s now that it is settled in and it's BEAUTIFUL flapping in the current!

Those nems will grow on you watch out now :). It's really fun watching them sway in the flow.

Planning on lots of macro for the restock? I have been considering ordering about 4-5 different macros recently and I guess while it takes up some of my coral real estate its all about the final effect right?

jedimasterben

Those nems will grow on you watch out now :). It's really fun watching them sway in the flow.

I've always loved nems, but sebaes (my favorite) never have done well super long-term from what I understand, I've gotten a year out of one and around 4 months out of another. Hopefully this magnifica is different, it's starting out MUCH healthier than any nem I've ever had.

Planning on lots of macro for the restock? I have been considering ordering about 4-5 different macros recently and I guess while it takes up some of my coral real estate its all about the final effect right?

I would put a lot of macros in the tank, but only one problem.

IMG_8853.jpg

;)

So I'm stuck with specific macros that are calcified enough for him to not care as much about them.

Stole an idea from tron and doing FTS gifs. :)

fts.gif

sidefts.gif

pic is really dark, but this is the maroon. Yes, the fins are really this orange!

IMG_9122.jpg

On second thought, all of my pictures uploaded really dark. The JPEGs were fine when exported from Lightroom. Stupid Picasa.

IMG_9100.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

Stomatella!

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9016.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

glad to hear that, im about to use a 24" light on a 36" tank
If and when I ever upgrade again I will do a 36x24x12 with a 24 inch fixture as well. Nice to have those low par areas in the corners.

Archived