Innovative Marine Aquariums

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, and maybe. I haven't had luck with dwarf angels. I'd love a trio of them.

Hmmm

red spot cardinals?

lg-0106101-131v.jpg

These are very difficult fish to keep.

jedimasterben

red spot cardinals?

lg-0106101-131v.jpg

Like mentioned earlier, they just aren't long-lived. It's already as if i've got disposable fish lol

Nothing wrong with tetras or other FW fish. Some of my favorite fish are still guppies.

endlers :wub:

If you didn't have those MP40's?? I would say acclimate a huge school of guppies lol :)

jedimasterben

endlers :wub:

If you didn't have those MP40's?? I would say acclimate a huge school of guppies lol :)

Its not the mp40s that get them in my planted tank I have pretty high flow as it is, and my guppy strains do not have really crazy tails, but I can't seem to acclimate anything to saltwater anymore, no mollies, no guppies. I lost my touch :(

Its not the mp40s that get them in my planted tank I have pretty high flow as it is, and my guppy strains do not have really crazy tails, but I can't seem to acclimate anything to saltwater anymore, no mollies, no guppies. I lost my touch :(

Did you try going realllllllllllllly slow? Like several weeks? maybe longer?

Did you try going realllllllllllllly slow? Like several weeks? maybe longer?

one of the LFSs near me actually has a tank with mixed salt/fresh water fish. I almost didn't notice until I saw those freshwater puffers swimming along with tangs!

Really sorry to hear about the recent losses Ben :(. Cardinals are awesome, I love my trio of Threadfin cardinals. When I eventually do a SPS dominated reef I am considering doing a school of cardinals over Anthias as they are just easier for me to feed/take care of, not to mention much cheaper haha.

NirvanaandTool

Yeah, my wife wants maroon clowns, but I keep telling her nope! Not gonna happen lol

If any fish dies, its body is completely gone within 12 hours or so. I'm surprised that I found my tang after it died, it literally must have died as I was walking into the house.

Wow super clean up crew.

What about a Genicanthus angel like a Bellus or Wanatabei? Would be a nice centerpiece fish for the tank and are reef-safe.

jedimasterben

Wow super clean up crew.

Actually, not really. Besides the two serpent stars that I have, I've only got a few nassarius, but that's it as far as scavengers. I really need to get more nassarius and to get some FL ceriths to live, the last ones I got from Reefcleaners I had two survive out of 20. Next time I order (if I don't collect them myself) I'm gonna go pick them up from John.

jedimasterben

Well the serpent stars should be able to clean up a corpse all on their own right?

The large one is around 10" in diameter, the small one is around 8" or so, so they're probably able to if they really wanted it lol

jedimasterben

Was probably bristle worms that ate the corpses.. nom nom.

Nope, no bristleworms in my tank. Every one of them died when the rock was in holding. The only things on the rock that survived was some of the halimeda and the sideria coral.

Archived