inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Hey Gena,

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for posting the "Happy" video. My son loves that song and enjoyed the video.

He woke up one morning singing the song in bed.

Are Montis difficult to care for?

David

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gena,

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for posting the "Happy" video. My son loves that song and enjoyed the video.

He woke up one morning singing the song in bed.

Are Montis difficult to care for?

David

It's such a happy song :). They say that kids that sing a lot are happy kids.

Not difficult at all. Just make sure you can keep up with their Ca and Alk needs :).

Your son might enjoy this one too :D.

No. I wish they did! A few years ago I had a toadstool and clowns that lived in it. It was sooo cool. I like them living in the montis too though.

2 BTA's and they still refuse? Have you tried the picture of an anemone with clowns in it attached to the side of the tank for your clowns to see? I've heard that actually works :D.

:lol:

I'll send you some color ;).

Those monti eating nudis are worrisome to me. I know I don't have them, but I worry about introducing them somehow...yikes. I'd be devastated if they got into my tank somehow!

So today I went to go do my water change and noticed something on of my nuclear green palys. Turns out they are MORPHING!!!!!! I now have nuclear green/purple death morphs. I thought I just had one, and then I looked and found a second one with a purple blotch. I'm sooooo excited about this :happydance:.

IMG_7686_zpse9ff3abc.jpg

morph_zpse6452122.jpeg

I'm curious if those purple blotches will continue to get bigger? I'm thinking they will :).

WOW!!http://media.photobucket.com/user/prestonjjrtr/media/Smileys/Drool01.gif.html'>Drool01.gif

Just such a rare occurrence. Coupled with the temporary appearance g2e's 2face paly made in your tank, just crazy! Very cool!

No. I wish they did! A few years ago I had a toadstool and clowns that lived in it. It was sooo cool. I like them living in the montis too though.2 BTA's and they still refuse? Have you tried the picture of an anemone with clowns in it attached to the side of the tank for your clowns to see? I've heard that actually works :D. :lol:I'll send you some color ;). Those monti eating nudis are worrisome to me. I know I don't have them, but I worry about introducing them somehow...yikes. I'd be devastated if they got into my tank somehow!So today I went to go do my water change and noticed something on of my nuclear green palys. Turns out they are MORPHING!!!!!! I now have nuclear green/purple death morphs. I thought I just had one, and then I looked and found a second one with a purple blotch. I'm sooooo excited about this :happydance:.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_7686_zpse9ff3abc.jpg.html'>IMG_7686_zpse9ff3abc.jpghttp://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/morph_zpse6452122.jpeg.html'>morph_zpse6452122.jpegI'm curious if those purple blotches will continue to get bigger? I'm thinking they will :).
No they won't get bigger. But every new polyp will have more or less. I have 1 with a streak and a half and half that never got bigger. But you have 2 face palys now :).

WOW!!Drool01.gif Just such a rare occurrence. Coupled with the temporary appearance g2e's 2face paly made in your tank, just crazy! Very cool!
My 2 face paly left a little DNA behind :lol:

Surprised your kidless over there with your potent DNA! If i remember correctly it was only a one night stand for your 2face in G's tank and still left some residual sexy time over there, nice!

So there's three NR peeps with Two Face paly's now! Lil jelly!

Wut if Lawns paly's are not the father :o jus saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtWssdauME

No they won't get bigger. But every new polyp will have more or less. I have 1 with a streak and a half and half that never got bigger. But you have 2 face palys now :).

I think mine are different. There's a 3rd one that has a tiny blotch. I'm going to keep watching it and see if it gets bigger. I'm certain that these blotches were not always there!!!!!!! Maybe I have a mutant version :lol:.

Yay....I have 2-facers :).

Lilies & Lace

Gena I was wondering where you got your toadstool from? It's so bright and colorful compared to the ones I see for sale at my LFS's. I want to eventually get a clown and a toadstool seems like a good alternative to an anemone, plus they make good beginners corals. I'm sorry if you already mentioned it before, 162 pages is a lot to go through!

Gena I was wondering where you got your toadstool from? It's so bright and colorful compared to the ones I see for sale at my LFS's. I want to eventually get a clown and a toadstool seems like a good alternative to an anemone, plus they make good beginners corals. I'm sorry if you already mentioned it before, 162 pages is a lot to go through!

I got that from someone on here actually. It was a tiny freebie that was thrown in with another coral purchase :). I've had it for almost 3 years now. It split once and now it's splitting again. If I frag it again I'll let you know!
natalia_la_loca

Hiya :) what's everybody drinking?

Over here it's the very last founders breakfast stout we had hoarded in the basement. It's a seasonal beer from last fall.

nevermore1701

Over here it's the very last founders breakfast stout we had hoarded in the basement. It's a seasonal beer from last fall.

Ah, my favorite topic!

Finishing off my bottle of Aberlour 16.

natalia_la_loca

Ah, my favorite topic!

Finishing off my bottle of Aberlour 16.

That sounds nice. I haven't had scotch in ages. Of course what I used to drink was the kind of stuff that's best suited for mixing with coca cola...

I appreciate that! :) Is it the same one you had in your TOTM?

Yep...same one :).

Helllooooo :D. Just hot tea for me tonight. I feel like I'm getting a cold or my allergies are acting up...most likely allergies. The weather changed again and it's really cold and windy here. Would explain how I'm feeling today :(. I ordered a pizza, have my hot tea, and gonna lay down on the couch and watch a movie :).

Oh....we went thrifting today and we found this :lol:. Fits the current conversation :).

guiness_zps07971787.jpeg

nevermore1701

That sounds nice. I haven't had scotch in ages. Of course what I used to drink was the kind of stuff that's best suited for mixing with coca cola...

If it's suitable for mixing it's not real Scotch :P

natalia_la_loca

Hope you feel better soon :) hot tea and a movie should be just the thing. Love the Guinness poster...I like their ads a lot more than the beer itself ;)

Gena,

Thanks for the videos. My son that it was funny and started dancing!

The second one was a little disturbing?! Can my wife really access my phone through the cloud?

Oh Lordy Lordy. I am going be up late changing my Apple settings!!

Oh and I am drinking a gin(St. George) and tonic.

David

Hope you feel better soon :) hot tea and a movie should be just the thing. Love the Guinness poster...I like their ads a lot more than the beer itself ;)

Thanks :). I actually like the taste of Guinness but I prefer the dark chocolatey beers.
natalia_la_loca

If it's suitable for mixing it's not real Scotch :P

Yeah I know ;) would you be able to recommend a good scotch that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Gena,

Thanks for the videos. My son that it was funny and started dancing!

The second one was a little disturbing?! Can my wife really access my phone through the cloud?

Oh Lordy Lordy. I am going be up late changing my Apple settings!!

Oh and I am drinking a gin(St. George) and tonic.

David

:lol: BUTTS

Oh good :). Apparently that was "so last year" :lol:. According to my son who rolled his eyes at me for playing it :D. Today was the first I heard of it :). The SNL bit was hilarious.

natalia_la_loca

Thanks :). I actually like the taste of Guinness but I prefer the dark chocolatey beers.

Oooh you would like founders breakfast stout then...or left hand milk stout. The latter is easier to find. It's so yummy...makes Guinness taste like bud light lol

I have some Belgian white in my fridge but I have a bottle of Frangelico which is hazelnut liquor which is very tasty.

Lilies & Lace

Yep...same one :).

I was admiring it the other day when I was looking at the TOTM's. It's really grown! I hope you feel better soon! Allergies and colds are no fun!

I have some Belgian white in my fridge but I have a bottle of Frangelico which is hazelnut liquor which is very tasty.

Have you had some of the Frangelico yet? I saw that at BEVMO when we went there last week :).

I was admiring it the other day when I was looking at the TOTM's. It's really grown! I hope you feel better soon! Allergies and colds are no fun!

It really took off in this current tank. I think it's the lighting that it loves :).

My pizza is here :happydance:

I leave you all with cuteness :)

chloe_zps77578fbd.jpeg

chloe2_zpsca9cea5d.jpeg

Archived