inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

natalia_la_loca

We finished Season one last night of GoTs. That was a shocking ending :(.

Water change day :happydance:.

yup, that was a sad one. Happy water change, mine is tomorrow :)

Hey, is your cyano all gone? Mine is still barely there. Going to try reducing my carbon dosing to see if that does the trick.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We finished Season one last night of GoTs. That was a shocking ending :(.

GoT taught me to never get too attached to any of the characters. They are all fair game.

Hey, is your cyano all gone? Mine is still barely there. Going to try reducing my carbon dosing to see if that does the trick.

It's almost all gone :). Another week or two and I think it will be wiped out :happydance:. The only things I changed were stopped dosing Selcon and starting doing two 10% water changes per week.

GoT taught me to never get too attached to any of the characters. They are all fair game.

Well, as long as nothing happens to Ser Jorah LOL. Cuz then I'd be really pissed :).

All this tv talk made me notice one thing. I don't watch a single one of the shows mentioned. Maybe I'm missing something :lol:

You are soooooo missing out ;).

Water changes done, house is clean, stuffed cabbage is in the oven....yummy, can't wait :). Husband is making me a Moscow Mule because frankly...I need it LOL.

Here's a quick picture I just took. It's dusk on my reef. Lots of blue which isn't my favorite :).

dusk_zps1a894d53.jpg

natalia_la_loca

All this tv talk made me notice one thing. I don't watch a single one of the shows mentioned. Maybe I'm missing something :lol:

You're not missing that much, it's only entertainment. Although it's pretty good as entertainment goes. And some of it goes well beyond entertainment into something deeper.

Water changes done, house is clean, stuffed cabbage is in the oven....yummy, can't wait . Husband is making me a Moscow Mule because frankly...I need it LOL.

You making me feel lazy Gena! Although I do have to work tomorrow!?

Time to get that recipe from Annette.

Water changes done, house is clean, stuffed cabbage is in the oven....yummy, can't wait . Husband is making me a Moscow Mule because frankly...I need it LOL.

You making me feel lazy Gena! Although I do have to work tomorrow!?

Time to get that recipe from Annette.

Here's the recipe I used :)

1 whole head cabbage, about 4 pounds

1/2 large onion, chopped

2 tablespoons butter

1 pound ground beef

1 1/2 cups cooked rice

1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place whole head in a large pot filled with boiling, salted water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until softened enough to pull off individual leaves. You will need about 18 leaves.

When leaves are cool enough to handle, use a paring knife to cut away the thick center stem from each leaf, without cutting all the way through.

Chop the remaining cabbage and place it in the bottom of a casserole dish.

Saute the chopped onion in butter in a large frying pan until tender, and let it cool.

Mix cooled onions with beef,rice, garlic, salt and black pepper until well combined. Don't overmix or the meat will become tough.

Place about 1/2 cup of meat on each cabbage leaf. Roll away from you to encase the meat. Flip the right side of the leaf to the middle, then flip the left side. You will have something that looks like an envelope.

Place the cabbage rolls on top of the chopped cabbage in the casserole dish or Dutch oven, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.

I topped it with 2 cans tomato sauce mixed with 1/2 cup of ketchup. Seasoned with salt to taste.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake 350 degrees for about an hour.

The guys LOVED it :).

GoT is sooooooooooooo good. I want a dire wolf! I dont want to spoil anything for you....but people die...alot...haha

I am really enjoying the show!!!!! I can't believe I waited so long to start watching it LOL.

The guys are watching Commando. I tried, I really did. Just couldn't get into it :lol:.

I forgot I took a picture of it right out of the oven :).

post-25164-0-26342000-1397882749_thumb.jpg

who's your fav stark children so far?

Arya is my absolute favorite. I can't say I really like any of the others. I don't dislike the others, but have no emotional feelings for the others. Except maybe Sansa...I wanted to slap her a few times LOL. Big dummy :).

Arya is my absolute favorite. I can't say I really like any of the others. I don't dislike the others, but have no emotional feelings for the others. Except maybe Sansa...I wanted to slap her a few times LOL. Big dummy :).

Same here. Arya, Jon Snow, the rest, Sansa. I love watching how Arya's character develops in the show.

I love watching how Arya's character develops in the show.

I'm really looking forward to that :). Starting season 2 tonight!!!! :happydance:
Nanofreak79

I've used KZ coral snow with good results. I've always had a small patch near the back corner of my 34, where flow must be bad. There's also a new cyano clean they just recently came out with.

Gena you are too sweet! Grazie; Mille Grazie!

I am going to cook this tomorrow. The "High Command" (aka my wife) is thrilled.

Now if we can only convince my 6 year old son to try some? Perhaps the Easter bunny will

have to withhold some chocolate. ; )

I've used KZ coral snow with good results. I've always had a small patch near the back corner of my 34, where flow must be bad. There's also a new cyano clean they just recently came out with.

If there wasn't any improvement I would go for that KZ coral snow. I may still have to, to get the last of the cyano. I'll wait another couple of weeks though, at least. I tried that cyano clean. I had improvement, but I know it wasn't from that. Snake oil, if you ask me ;).

Gena you are too sweet! Grazie; Mille Grazie!

I am going to cook this tomorrow. The "High Command" (aka my wife) is thrilled.

Now if we can only convince my 6 year old son to try some? Perhaps the Easter bunny will

have to withhold some chocolate. ; )

No problem!!!! I modified the recipe. You could add 1/2# of ground pork to that recipe if you like. Also, it called for a whole onion chopped, but my husband hates onion (my son and I like onion) so I cut it in half. I think those were the only changes I made. The recipe I posted is exactly what I used last night.

I bet your 6 year old will like it. Maybe not the cabbage part???? But the meat and rice inside. My son is not the average kid. He eats the healthy things I cook. I know he's not "average" because his friends that visit turn up their noses at some of the things I offer LOL.

In other news.....NR's Indiana Jones (Arkayology) is visiting today. We are doing some coral trading :happydance:. He's bringing me some SPS which I think I'll stick in the 8g cube :D.

Nanofreak79

Good to know about the cyano clean. I only use coral snow from KZ now. I've given up on the whole blue bottle regimen. It was expensive, and I've seen good results just from a few other additives that I've used for awhile now.

I love that dusk shot Gena! What kind of lights are you using? I'm thinking about going LED soon since I'm sick of paying for 6 T5 bulbs at a time! LOL

mmmm. Yum Gena, they look good. I'm going to have to get the recipe from my mom. I never had a reason to make them myself being their kid but I know one day she wont' be around so I better get the recipe. And one day go over and make pierogis with my mom too. And I'll share my recipe too. I really love the cabbage part. I like the whole thing. I remember being a little kid and cutting up the whole thing w/ my fork, letting it cool and then eating it.

Waiting for my pants to come out of the dryer so I can pick up some items from the liquor store nearby for the gathering w/ me and my moms friends at their house tomorrow. Their car is at the shop getting worked on so I had to pick up a couple things.

Some 43 liqueur and some Patron coffee liqueur. Yummy.

Just got back and I picked up some Frangelico hazelnut liqueur for myself (needed a little something)

Gena,

My wife was thinking of adding ground pork. The little guy might like it.

Sometimes he surprises us.

Are you going to do a build thread on the 8 gallon?

Annette,

I LOVE pierogis! My college roommate was Polish and he would bring home pierogis his grand mother

made.

Gena,

Annette,

I LOVE pierogis! My college roommate was Polish and he would bring home pierogis his grand mother

made.

Good stuff, and Gena made some for Christmas this year- you'll have to ask her how her experience was. Hey, your name Pancetta makes me hungry!!! I see my parents for Easter tomorrow, I'll get her stuffed cabbage recipe for you.

Good to know about the cyano clean. I only use coral snow from KZ now. I've given up on the whole blue bottle regimen. It was expensive, and I've seen good results just from a few other additives that I've used for awhile now.

Yeah...don't bother with the cyano clean. Arkayology came to visit today and we were discussing the blue bottles. He feels the same as you. I would personally never bother with such a thing. For one, it's way over my head, and for two it's too expensive. And for three LOL....I like the colors I'm getting with my simple methods :).

I love that dusk shot Gena! What kind of lights are you using? I'm thinking about going LED soon since I'm sick of paying for 6 T5 bulbs at a time! LOL

Thank you!!!! I have a Razor. I really love it. Not a one complaint from me about that light :).

mmmm. Yum Gena, they look good. I'm going to have to get the recipe from my mom. I never had a reason to make them myself being their kid but I know one day she wont' be around so I better get the recipe. And one day go over and make pierogis with my mom too. And I'll share my recipe too. I really love the cabbage part. I like the whole thing. I remember being a little kid and cutting up the whole thing w/ my fork, letting it cool and then eating it.

Waiting for my pants to come out of the dryer so I can pick up some items from the liquor store nearby for the gathering w/ me and my moms friends at their house tomorrow. Their car is at the shop getting worked on so I had to pick up a couple things.

Some 43 liqueur and some Patron coffee liqueur. Yummy.

Just got back and I picked up some Frangelico hazelnut liqueur for myself (needed a little something)

We picked up BBQ for lunch today...the little market down the street barbeques ribs, chicken, Tri-tip, etc., every Saturday. We like to walk down there and pick up lunch. So we have leftover lunch (chicken and tri-tip) and stuffed cabbage for dinner tonight :). I bet the cabbage will be even better tonight since it's been sitting and marinating over night in the refrigerator.

Sounds like you have a fun day in store for tomorrow. That liqueur sounds yummy too :).

It will be just the 3 of us here tomorrow. I have a ham. Sides will be green beans and scalloped potatoes, rolls and opaquelace's strawberry pie :wub:. Can't wait :).

My husband is brewing beer right now so I'll just park my butt in front of the computer for much of the rest of the day :lol:.

Gena,

Annette,

made.

I'm going to make it with pork next time too. Let me know what you thing!!!! I love pierogis too but they are a lot of work.

I have a tank thread already for the 8g. It's a continuation of the pico thread. It's called The Flower Box. The link is in my signature :).

Good stuff, and Gena made some for Christmas this year- you'll have to ask her how her experience was. Hey, your name Pancetta makes me hungry!!! I see my parents for Easter tomorrow, I'll get her stuffed cabbage recipe for you.

I want your recipe too!!!!! I'm curious what your mom does. Seems everyone does it a little different :).

And you're so right, I forgot it does have onions, OOHH. What kind of beer does he brew? You see, I like all kinds of drinks. I appreciate them all! Happy Easter tomorrow.

Archived