Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

I think that's what Felicia gave me, but I'd have to watch at my computer and not the comfort of my couch, right? That's what I thought anyways :).

Think of it as cozy... and FREE! B)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE the stove G! We have the same one....but white. My wife loves to bake...nothing cooks better than those stoves.

Nice! I love mine too. When we bought the stove it was just like that picture I posted, but we had the glass window put on the oven side. I REALLY wish I would have made it a double oven instead of an oven and a broiler. I think I've used the broiler twice in 10 years LOL. They are tanks and yeah....nothing cooks better, that's for sure :).

Ah, yeah that's an issues then :(

Yay! Glad you started watching!

Well, my husband has a laptop...shhhhh! Don't tell him we can watch for free LOL.

Think of it as cozy... and FREE! B)

Free is the magic word around here LOL.

OMG...loved last night's show. I have a favorite character. I hope he's around for a long time :D. Jorah Mormont

post-25164-0-17746300-1397229909_thumb.png

Ser Jorah is pretty awesome. My favorites are Dany, Jon, and Arya...but those were my favorites after reading the books, long before I watched the show. Not sure who I would pick as favorites if I only had the show to judge by.

You could just plug your husbands laptop into the TV to watch :)

Ser Jorah is pretty awesome. My favorites are Dany, Jon, and Arya...but those were my favorites after reading the books, long before I watched the show. Not sure who I would pick as favorites if I only had the show to judge by.

You could just plug your husbands laptop into the TV to watch :)

I'm so glad I started watching this show. I can't wait to watch another tonight!!!!!!!

Ser Jorah is a rugged HOT man :lol:. I'm sensing some "tension" between him and the princess :happydance:. I'll just imagine I'm her :lol:.

Yeah...I may have to do that with his laptop. I haven't given up hope on ordering HBO (this weekend).

Gena, I google images searched Green Banded Gobies and this came up and I immediately thought of you! Reef and fashion combined!

greenbanded_goby_dress_by_sketchtastroph

The green banded goby inspired dress lol.

Gena, I google images searched Green Banded Gobies and this came up and I immediately thought of you! Reef and fashion combined!

:lol:

That's awesome :).

Just had a wonderful visit with my friend evanski and his lovely wife!!!!!! I could have chatted with them all day long :happy:.

I love meeting my fellow nano-reefers :happydance:.

:lol:

That's awesome :).

Just had a wonderful visit with my friend evanski and his lovely wife!!!!!! I could have chatted with them all day long :happy:.

I love meeting my fellow nano-reefers :happydance:.

Where did you guys meet up? I would've made the drive.

Where did you guys meet up? I would've made the drive.

Mi casa :). Next time he visits I will let you know!!!! Evan's awesome. You two would really get along.

GUESS WHAT????? I have my 8g :happydance:. The back was painted black so it's sitting outside drying. I'll probably work on setting it up tomorrow. Woohooo!!!!!

Oh...and last night as we sat down to watch Game of Thrones I mentioned how we should order HBO so we don't miss Sunday's new episode.

He had ordered it earlier in the day on Friday and didn't even tell me LOL!!!!!!! I have HBO again omgomgomg:D.

Mi casa :). Next time he visits I will let you know!!!! Evan's awesome. You two would really get along.GUESS WHAT????? I have my 8g :happydance:. The back was painted black so it's sitting outside drying. I'll probably work on setting it up tomorrow. Woohooo!!!!!

Sounds good!

CONGRATS ON THE TANK! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I have been avoiding your thread, i wasn't caught up on the walking dead so was avoiding spoilers. I've watched most of the first season of game of thrones but i'm still reading the books so will be waiting before i get the next dvds.

I can't wait to see what you do with your new tank, setting up a new tank is almost more fun than watching it grow out. What are you planning to put in it?

nevermore1701

New tank! omgomgomg

Glad you got HBO, sure makes it easier to watch GoT (says the guy who doesn't have it :P). Ary and Jorah are two of my favorite characters :D

HOORAY - excited for your tank!!! Your nems will be so happy. How cool about your visit.

It was a fabulous visit. Evan is an awesome guy....smart as hell too and funny :). And huge :lol:. His wife and I are about the same height 5'4", my husband is 5'11" and Evan towered over all of us :D.

I have been avoiding your thread, i wasn't caught up on the walking dead so was avoiding spoilers. I've watched most of the first season of game of thrones but i'm still reading the books so will be waiting before i get the next dvds.

I can't wait to see what you do with your new tank, setting up a new tank is almost more fun than watching it grow out. What are you planning to put in it?

Sorry about spoilers. I'm bad about that LOL. I'm super excited about the new tank. It's going to be strictly a transfer of my pico but I may move some things from this 45g tank into it. I don't know...I'm looking forward to playing with it :).

New tank! omgomgomg

Glad you got HBO, sure makes it easier to watch GoT (says the guy who doesn't have it :P). Ary and Jorah are two of my favorite characters :D

I know omgomgomg

How do you watch?????

I like Ary too. Jorah is dreamy LOL.

I just finished watching Pitch Perfect on HBO. I sat down to look for something to record for tonight and got sucked in by that movie. It was surprisingly good :).

greenbanded_goby_dress_by_sketchtastroph

They need to make a Royal Gramma next!.

nevermore1701

It was a fabulous visit. Evan is an awesome guy....smart as hell too and funny :). And huge :lol:. His wife and I are about the same height 5'4", my husband is 5'11" and Evan towered over all of us :D.

Sorry about spoilers. I'm bad about that LOL. I'm super excited about the new tank. It's going to be strictly a transfer of my pico but I may move some things from this 45g tank into it. I don't know...I'm looking forward to playing with it :).

I know omgomgomg

How do you watch?????

I like Ary too. Jorah is dreamy LOL.

I just finished watching Pitch Perfect on HBO. I sat down to look for something to record for tonight and got sucked in by that movie. It was surprisingly good :).

I just get it online. I would get HBO but we're about to move and will probably have to switch TV providers.

You starting a thread for the 8g?

Gena, your husband is awesome! How cute that he surprised you with HBO! I am also so glad you are now hooked on GoT's. I went to an premiere party for season 4 last weekend in San Francisco that was amazing. It was in a historic building that looks like a castle, and they decorated the inside with scenes from the show, and everyone was in costume and there were all kinds of fun live performances like sword swallowing and acrobats.

I am so glad you got your 8 gallon! Can't wait to see this upgrade for the rock flower nems! Woohoo!

I need to come visit you again! I jealous of Evanski getting to see your tanks. I haven't seen the 45 in person with water in it. I only saw it empty :(

Oh, btw, we had a big event for the local club today and we had a new member that apparently uses Nano-Reef and mentioned you by name and how awesome your tank is. You're famous, Gena :)

I just get it online. I would get HBO but we're about to move and will probably have to switch TV providers.

You starting a thread for the 8g?

I'm just going to continue with the pico thread. I may ask to have it moved to the members section though.

Gonna go watch GoT now :).

Gena, your husband is awesome! How cute that he surprised you with HBO! I am also so glad you are now hooked on GoT's. I went to an premiere party for season 4 last weekend in San Francisco that was amazing. It was in a historic building that looks like a castle, and they decorated the inside with scenes from the show, and everyone was in costume and there were all kinds of fun live performances like sword swallowing and acrobats.

I am so glad you got your 8 gallon! Can't wait to see this upgrade for the rock flower nems! Woohoo!

I need to come visit you again! I jealous of Evanski getting to see your tanks. I haven't seen the 45 in person with water in it. I only saw it empty :(

Oh, btw, we had a big event for the local club today and we had a new member that apparently uses Nano-Reef and mentioned you by name and how awesome your tank is. You're famous, Gena :)

I'm a super sweet talker ;):lol:.

Come down!!!! You are always welcome, anytime!!!!! I want to see your tanks!!!! :D

That's so cool about the club mention. Thanks for telling me :happydance:.

Ok...gonna go watch GoT!!!!! Yay :).

Oh...Evan's wife mentioned one of her favorite drinks is a moscow mule, so that's what we are enjoying tonight. It's wonderful :). Ginger beer, vodka, and lime....gotta try it ;).

post-25164-0-57894300-1397365464_thumb.jpeg

Enjoy GoT and the Moscow Mules :) I'm enjoying a nice glass of Rose of Pinot right now. Yummy.

You have to come visit NorCal sometime Gena!

OK, here are some thoughts on the visit...

Gena is amazeballs...kind, generous, and a crazy talented reefer. It was so kind of her to invite Laura and I into her house to see her tanks, meeting the family, and walk off with some amazing coral! I had to twist her little arm in order to let me pay her even 10% of what her coral was worth! She is a true and dear friend! :wub: We ended up talking for about two hours! She sent me home with 5 frags, and basically pulled a Reefcleaners/JM by giving me more than will probably fit in the 2G Fluval Spec.

Her husband Derek is cooler than the other side of the pillow! He is remarkably talented and sophisticated with GREAT taste in beer!

Son Addison is awesome little man B) ...well spoken and very polite. Well mannered kids are the mark of good people IMO.

House...unf :D . Little gem tucked into a beauteous neighborhood in Burbank in studio-land, LA. LOVED the old hardwood floors, antique cabinets, and the stove is nothing short of epic! Backyard and work-space also makes me very jelly.

Tanks?!?!?! Let me just way that while Gena has good photog skills, there is simply no way to describe them in person. I think I just sat there with my mouth open maken muffled noises for the first 20 minutes. Really. To variety, size, and vibrancy of the coral is nothing short of stunning, and the livestock is very fun to watch. WANT WANT WANT!

On the way home, Laura looks at me and says "You need a bigger tank". Expect to see a build planning thread soon. ~10-20G I think...we shall see. Shallow cube AIO? Not sure I have space for a sump.

I think the term you are looking for is "Freakishly large". You and laura could be sisters...tiny little blonde Polish girls! :wub:

OK, here are some thoughts on the visit...

Gena is amazeballs...kind, generous, and a crazy talented reefer. It was so kind of her to invite Laura and I into her house to see her tanks, meeting the family, and walk off with some amazing coral! I had to twist her little arm in order to let me pay her even 10% of what her coral was worth! She is a true and dear friend! :wub: We ended up talking for about two hours! She sent me home with 5 frags, and basically pulled a Reefcleaners/JM by giving me more than will probably fit in the 2G Fluval Spec.

Her husband Derek is cooler than the other side of the pillow! He is remarkably talented and sophisticated with GREAT taste in beer!

Son Addison is awesome little man B) ...well spoken and very polite. Well mannered kids are the mark of good people IMO.

House...unf :D . Little gem tucked into a beauteous neighborhood in Burbank in studio-land, LA. LOVED the old hardwood floors, antique cabinets, and the stove is nothing short of epic! Backyard and work-space also makes me very jelly.

Tanks?!?!?! Let me just way that while Gena has good photog skills, there is simply no way to describe them in person. I think I just sat there with my mouth open maken muffled noises for the first 20 minutes. Really. To variety, size, and vibrancy of the coral is nothing short of stunning, and the livestock is very fun to watch. WANT WANT WANT!

On the way home, Laura looks at me and says "You need a bigger tank". Expect to see a build planning thread soon. ~10-20G I think...we shall see. Shallow cube AIO? Not sure I have space for a sump.

I think the term you are looking for is "Freakishly large". You and laura could be sisters...tiny little blonde Polish girls! :wub:

Oh my gosh!!!!! I don't deserve all that :flower:. Thank you so much E!!!!!!! Friends forever :).

LOL...I thought you meant I needed a bigger tank in that text. YOU definitely need a bigger tank :D. Looking forward to that build planning thread for sure. I'll have to bring you more coral when we visit you. And no money please. I like giving coral away ;).

If you have the room definitely do a sump. They rock. AIO is a good alternative though.

I think my big plan for the day is to setup that 8g tank. I need to go to the hardware store to get a screen kit. I don't want my fishies jumping out of the new tank :).

Enjoy GoT and the Moscow Mules :) I'm enjoying a nice glass of Rose of Pinot right now. Yummy.

You have to come visit NorCal sometime Gena!

That Moscow Mule made me near drunk LOL. Soooo delicious though.

We still haven't figured out what the plan is for summer vacation this year. But I think whatever we do will involve Northern California. And if that's the case, and we are close to you, I am stopping by :D.

Oh my gosh!!!!! I don't deserve all that :flower:. Thank you so much E!!!!!!! Friends forever :).

LOL...I thought you meant I needed a bigger tank in that text. YOU definitely need a bigger tank :D. Looking forward to that build planning thread for sure. I'll have to bring you more coral when we visit you. And no money please. I like giving coral away ;).

If you have the room definitely do a sump. They rock. AIO is a good alternative though.

I think my big plan for the day is to setup that 8g tank. I need to go to the hardware store to get a screen kit. I don't want my fishies jumping out of the new tank :).

That Moscow Mule made me near drunk LOL. Soooo delicious though.

We still haven't figured out what the plan is for summer vacation this year. But I think whatever we do will involve Northern California. And if that's the case, and we are close to you, I am stopping by :D.

Welcome any time...we have space!

Archived