Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

So true, that's where we got our stove :)

What kind? We got ours off of CL but had it redone. It's a 50s O'keefe & Merritt

Looks just like this only has a window on the right oven door. Same color too :)

Here's an image I found online..too lazy to go take one myself LOL

post-25164-0-79642700-1397096807_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

What kind? We got ours off of CL but had it redone. It's a 50s O'keefe & Merritt

Looks just like this only has a window on the right oven door. Same color too :)

stove.jpeg

Niiiiiice :) jelly!!!!!!

Ours is a 50s GE "Stewardess" (lol!). My heart is set on a really nice vintage gas range like what you have, but we would need to install gas lines and we got this one for a song. It's a crapload better than the boring 90s range that came with the house :D

Niiiiiice :) jelly!!!!!!

Ours is a 50s GE "Stewardess" (lol!). My heart is set on a really nice vintage gas range like what you have, but we would need to install gas lines and we got this one for a song. It's a crapload better than the boring 90s range that came with the house :D

I just love all of the old stoves...60s and earlier :wub:.

We paid $50 for ours but put a couple grand into the restoration. My husband used a work bonus to do the restoration on the stove.

natalia_la_loca

I just love all of the old stoves...60s and earlier :wub:.

We paid $50 for ours but put a couple grand into the restoration. My husband used a work bonus to do the restoration on the stove.

For a stove like that one, it's worth every penny to restore it. The vintage gas ranges are really back in favor.

Do you have other mid century decor? One of my big daydreams is to get a new seahorse tank and have a Heywood Wakefield style stand custom made for it. I really dislike nearly all the ready made stands available today, they look terrible in a 1950s house.

Our house is pretty eclectic. Here's a sampling of our living room :)

art deco bar we picked up from CL

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/house4_zps3548a307.jpeg.html'>house4_zps3548a307.jpeg

My 1950s ceramic tropical bird collection on the mantle and my husband's pride and joy..the old radio :)

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/house3_zps1c945de3.jpeg.html'>house3_zps1c945de3.jpeg

Armoire we bought off of CL, holds coats/jackets/hats/shoes, etc.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/house1_zpsa949c9f2.jpeg.html'>house1_zpsa949c9f2.jpeg

Bought the red chair (I have two) for $5 each at Goodwill and had them reupholstered in that tropical hibiscus print.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/house2_zps62f22ed3.jpeg.html'>house2_zps62f22ed3.jpeg

We like a little bit of everything...mostly old :)

That Armoire is beautiful! Do you keep those creepy Santa's in there :lol:?

Thank you :)

LOL...no :). They are put away in rubbermaid tubs.

Tick, tick, tick...

yeah, you'll see it all in person :).

I've been watching navy seal videos. Specifically this one....

got about 10min. left of the first part to watch. I'm obsessing over navy seals now :lol:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFRePXMI9M

We saw Class 305 jog by on our way onto the base a few days ago...

Hoping to see our two friends on the SD group here this week...but they are always so busy.

See you in a few!

We saw Class 305 jog by on our way onto the base a few days ago...

Hoping to see our two friends on the SD group here this week...but they are always so busy.

See you in a few!

Nice! It's amazing what they go through to become navy seals. I never really knew. Starting Part 2 now :).

nevermore1701

Thank you :)

LOL...no :). They are put away in rubbermaid tubs.

yeah, you'll see it all in person :).

I've been watching navy seal videos. Specifically this one....

got about 10min. left of the first part to watch. I'm obsessing over navy seals now :lol:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFRePXMI9M

My Wife's uncle trains SEALS in long range shooting, and his daughter married one in January. Met his whole team (forget the number), great bunch of guys. Those boys can drink :lol:

Also, those are some very nice pieces you have, we'd love some nice antiques to put in the new house, but around here what little is available is either way overpriced or in poor condition. My wife keeps threatening a trip to Dallas to go antique shopping, which I respond to by talking about getting a new bike :lol:

My Wife's uncle trains SEALS in long range shooting, and his daughter married one in January. Met his whole team (forget the number), great bunch of guys. Those boys can drink :lol:

Also, those are some very nice pieces you have, we'd love some nice antiques to put in the new house, but around here what little is available is either way overpriced or in poor condition. My wife keeps threatening a trip to Dallas to go antique shopping, which I respond to by talking about getting a new bike :lol:

If I were single and in my 20s I'd move to San Diego and hang out where the SEALS hang out during their down time LOL :wub:.

We are really cheap, frugal is probably a nicer term :lol: so we got good deals on everything we purchased. Now, we did have to put some money into some things for restoration, but most everything we leave original. I've never bought an item at an antique shop...way too expensive. It's more rewarding to find things dirt cheap on CL, thrifts, and estate sales/garage sales :).

Does she ever ride with you? That sounds like fun :D.

OMG!!!!! I totally forgot to mention, we started Game of Thrones last night!!!!!! I'm already hooked...wow! Can't wait to watch the rest. We just watched one and I now know the Ned Stark quote "winter is coming" :D.

natalia_la_loca

If I were single and in my 20s I'd move to San Diego and hang out where the SEALS hang out during their down time LOL :wub:.

We are really cheap, frugal is probably a nicer term :lol: so we got good deals on everything we purchased. Now, we did have to put some money into some things for restoration, but most everything we leave original. I've never bought an item at an antique shop...way too expensive. It's more rewarding to find things dirt cheap on CL, thrifts, and estate sales/garage sales :).

Does she ever ride with you? That sounds like fun :D.

OMG!!!!! I totally forgot to mention, we started Game of Thrones last night!!!!!! I'm already hooked...wow! Can't wait to watch the rest. We just watched one and I now know the Ned Stark quote "winter is coming" :D.

Frugality is awesome. We've built practically our whole decorative scheme on garage sales, estate sales, second hand stores, Craigslist and ebay. Leaving more money for savings, and for corals :)

GoT is almost as addictive as reefing. Super memorable characters. Bit hard to watch at times...every graphic depiction of death imaginable.

nevermore1701
If I were single and in my 20s I'd move to San Diego and hang out where the SEALS hang out during their down time LOL :wub:.We are really cheap, frugal is probably a nicer term :lol: so we got good deals on everything we purchased. Now, we did have to put some money into some things for restoration, but most everything we leave original. I've never bought an item at an antique shop...way too expensive. It's more rewarding to find things dirt cheap on CL, thrifts, and estate sales/garage sales :).Does she ever ride with you? That sounds like fun :D.OMG!!!!! I totally forgot to mention, we started Game of Thrones last night!!!!!! I'm already hooked...wow! Can't wait to watch the rest. We just watched one and I now know the Ned Stark quote "winter is coming" :D.

I guess people around here just hang on to stuff, there's not much worth seeing on Craigslist and such.

She does ride with me occasionally, the weather has to be just right though :lol:

And GoT just gets better and better. Hint: don't get attached to the characters....

Yeah, is that phone actually hooked up?

Nope. But it does work when plugged in :).

I guess people around here just hang on to stuff, there's not much worth seeing on Craigslist and such. She does ride with me occasionally, the weather has to be just right though :lol: And GoT just gets better and better. Hint: don't get attached to the characters....

I won't get attached :).

What GoT season just started? 4 or 5? I have all episodes up to Season 4 episode 1.

S4E1 is the newest.

Awesome! Now to do some "we NEED HBO" convincing, starting tonight LOL.

I don't want to miss out on any of the shows :).

Awesome! Now to do some "we NEED HBO" convincing, starting tonight LOL.

I don't want to miss out on any of the shows :).

Just do what everyone else does and find a friend that has HBO so you can borrow their HBO GO password.

Just do what everyone else does and find a friend that has HBO so you can borrow their HBO GO password.

I think that's what Felicia gave me, but I'd have to watch at my computer and not the comfort of my couch, right? That's what I thought anyways :).

I think that's what Felicia gave me, but I'd have to watch at my computer and not the comfort of my couch, right? That's what I thought anyways :).

Its pretty easy to hook your laptop up to your TV so you can watch it on the TV.

Its pretty easy to hook your laptop up to your TV so you can watch it on the TV.

I don't have a laptop though :).

Gonna go watch S1E2 now :happydance:

attachicon.gifstove.jpeg

LOVE the stove G! We have the same one....but white. My wife loves to bake...nothing cooks better than those stoves.

I don't have a laptop though :).

Gonna go watch S1E2 now :happydance:

Ah, yeah that's an issues then :(

Yay! Glad you started watching!

Archived