Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much alcohol up in here! I'm thirsty now!

I've only had a few sips of beer today but just finished up a small dish of strawberries with whipped cream :wub:. Just a sweet little appetizer :).

HEY GENA- I goofed! It's supposed to be chocolate stout w/ raspberry Chambord, NOT Grand Marnier (that's orange). I was thinking about it on the way to my parent's house and was like, OMG, I gotta tell Gena.

On my 5th beer. Miller time

Are you drunk? :lol:

HEY GENA- I goofed! It's supposed to be chocolate stout w/ raspberry Chambord, NOT Grand Marnier (that's orange). I was thinking about it on the way to my parent's house and was like, OMG, I gotta tell Gena.

Thanks for the call earlier :). Chocolate and orange might not be bad either. Like I said, I'm going to try it anyways :).

Ok...now I'm stuffed like all the rest of you guys. We finally ate. Still have dessert too :happydance:.

Maybe after a 12 pack.

:bowdown:

I'm not drinking anything tonight. Two nights in a row is too much for me LOL.

Takes only 2 drinks to make me tipsy these days. Tolerance wasn't like it was 20 yrs ago.

And my tolerance has improved for some reason. It's still HORRIBLE, but better than before :lol:.

Remember 20 years ago, Annette? Actually 20 years ago my dad passed away (this May), and a terrible time, but to be that young again. I don't mind my 40s. I don't want to get any older than this though. Right now is perfect :).

I've been known to go through a solid fifth, go to sleep, and wake up just fine the next morning :lol:

Whatever :lol:

Remember 20 years ago, Annette? Actually 20 years ago my dad passed away (this May), and a terrible time, but to be that young again. I don't mind my 40s. I don't want to get any older than this though. Right now is perfect :).

Whatever :lol:

Yep, I remember, I felt I could conquer the world at 23, I was more ambitious, in my graduate school program and I was skinnier! Yeh, time can stop right now. I agree with you there.

Yep, I remember, I felt I could conquer the world at 23, I was more ambitious, in my graduate school program and I was skinnier! Yeh, time can stop right now. I agree with you there.

Right now is my favorite age so far, believe it or not LOL.

Right now is my favorite age so far, believe it or not LOL.

I don't know what my favorite age was (probably when Don was alive) but I do like this age so far because I'm already caring less about what other people think and doing what I want.

I don't know what my favorite age was (probably when Don was alive) but I do like this age so far because I'm already caring less about what other people think and doing what I want.

I feel exactly the same. It's kinda like WGAF what others think LOL. I'm loving it :).

Here's the pie photo I promised. There really is a crust under there. Tasted like strawberry shortcake.

8a95fe42-daa8-442e-820d-a9e699d8b26e_zps

nevermore1701

That looks so good!

I soaked some strawberries in vodka this morning, about to break them out of the fridge and put some nutella on 'em!

Looks like strawberry heaven to me!!

It was/is :). That was 3 slices removed too. Soooo much more left to eat :lol:.

That looks so good!

I soaked some strawberries in vodka this morning, about to break them out of the fridge and put some nutella on 'em!

I've never had nutella. I hear it's good though. My son tries to get me to buy it every time he goes to the market with me (which he doesn't go very often). I always refuse. I'm tough :lol:.

It was/is :). That was 3 slices removed too. Soooo much more left to eat :lol:.

I've never had nutella. I hear it's good though. My son tries to get me to buy it every time he goes to the market with me (which he doesn't go very often). I always refuse. I'm tough :lol:.

You are a strong woman Gena to have resisted this long. With me.....it's futile.

You have never had Nutella?! The stuff is addicting. Just some smeared on toast is great.

We will not our son near it. My wife tells him it only available in Europe.

BTW, we went out to dinner last night at a nice little French bistro. Nice except that it took FOREVER

to get our entrees. My wife asked me about the stuffed cabbage recipe you sent so I got online

with my phone. So, I am reading all these posts about food and getting pissed that we were still waiting.

Must have helped though? The entree came after the waiter heard me reading to my wife. LOL!

David

What time is it in Hawaii right now? I'm jealous :)

Three hours earlier than PST. Had a great time today, but tomorrow is a work day.

Here's my mom's recipe. I think I was combining or confusing it with my grandmother's maybe.

Cabbage Rolls

1 medium head of cabbage
1 lb ground pork
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 medium onion (shopped & sauteed)
1 can tomato paste
salt & pepper
1 can chicken broth

For the sauce combine the paste, broth and salt and pepper.

Remove core from the cabbage (about 2 inches in).
In large pot cover the cabbage with water.
Boil slowly separating each leaf and remove from pot.
Combine meat, rice and rest of ingredients and a little chicken broth.
With a knife cut slit by the vein of the leaves.
Put 1 tbsp mixture on each leaf and roll top first then 2 sides together and roll up.
Put face down into baking dish. Pour over sauce and cover,
Bake 325: for 2-3 hrs.

nevermore1701

Here's a question for Gena and everyone else in the thread:

Do y'all have other expensive hobbies that interfere with tank upgrades, additional livestock purchases, etc?

Given the financial review prompted by the recent tax season, I see that I could have easily set up and stocked a tricked out 100+ gallon tank with what I spent on guns in the last year, or filled the one I have with top shelf coral using what I spent on my vaping habit. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my other purchases, it's just interesting to see the money flow when you really take a detailed look.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Archived