Coral Vue Hydros

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Has to be a NB Tide :).

Sorry about the moving struggles. Looks like the new tank spot will get a lot of natural light! Any direct sunlight?

How's the reefing scene up north? Find any excellent LFS?

It gets about two hours of direct sunlight in the morning. I've shortened my photoperiod by and hour since I'm already having trouble kicking the algae that came after the move. It's nice to wake up and see the tank sunlit by the window though!

I've havent explored the reefing scene too much. I've been traveling down to LA for work so not a lot of time. So far I've gone to two places. The first one, which is closest to me, was really disappointing. Not much of a selection and most of it was unhealthy looking. The second was Diablo Corals which is actually a little over an hour from me. Kind of a weird scene there - it sort of feels like stepping into a mechanics shop just instead of cars there's aquariums full of coral. The coral selection however is pretty spectacular and the prices aren't bad.

Other than that, and again I haven't explored that much, I don't know of much else near me. According to Google there is nothing within an hour of me.

A small Kessil would probably look great over this tank...or hold out for the new maxspect razor nano.

Or this, lol

Ah of course it's a Tide! :)

It's been a long time since I've bought an aquarium light. I'm looking forward to less time spent tinkering with my light and more time tinkering with the tank itself. There were a number of options for lighting that I was looking at but I wanted to support Dave and his company and I did really love the V2 board I got from him. I can't wait to see what the V3 looks like. I also got the Storm controller with it so I'll get to play with that. :naughtydance:

• Like 2

It gets about two hours of direct sunlight in the morning. I've shortened my photoperiod by and hour since I'm already having trouble kicking the algae that came after the move. It's nice to wake up and see the tank sunlit by the window though!

I've havent explored the reefing scene too much. I've been traveling down to LA for work so not a lot of time. So far I've gone to two places. The first one, which is closest to me, was really disappointing. Not much of a selection and most of it was unhealthy looking. The second was Diablo Corals which is actually a little over an hour from me. Kind of a weird scene there - it sort of feels like stepping into a mechanics shop just instead of cars there's aquariums full of coral. The coral selection however is pretty spectacular and the prices aren't bad.

Other than that, and again I haven't explored that much, I don't know of much else near me. According to Google there is nothing within an hour of me.

Ah of course it's a Tide! :)

It's been a long time since I've bought an aquarium light. I'm looking forward to less time spent tinkering with my light and more time tinkering with the tank itself. There were a number of options for lighting that I was looking at but I wanted to support Dave and his company and I did really love the V2 board I got from him. I can't wait to see what the V3 looks like. I also got the Storm controller with it so I'll get to play with that. :naughtydance:

I do most of my coral/fish shopping online anyways but it's still nice to have a decent LFS nearby. The Diablo one sounds interesting :).

I do most of my coral/fish shopping online anyways but it's still nice to have a decent LFS nearby. The Diablo one sounds interesting :).

Me too! :lol: Speaking of which, here's one of the things that came in my order from Vivid yesterday. Sorry for the cellphone videos, I was too lazy to get the camera out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vHSc-ipiTP8"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was right after putting them in the tank. I didn't buy the "paired up" goby/shrimp combo to save a few bucks so they were strangers. The goby went to the back of the tank after leaving castle gibraltar and left the pistol alone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5p_G7LKPb6s"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The pistol moved to the side of the tank and started digging. It's still there this morning just with a deeper hole and a goby friend guarding the entrance! It really didn't take very long for them to pair up.

• Like 2

:wub: that exact duo is on my want list :).

I'm getting my moneys worth already. It's fascinating watching them work together. They finally made a nice den under a rock that they both fit in. With my tanks footprint, they'll always be visible no matter where the end up.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been gone for a while and come back to see this amazing tank still holding in there. Awesome stuff justin

Yeah it's looking a lot better than it was after the move. Still hanging in there!

You still have the 60F up?

hows the tank doing

MUCH better. I'll have to take some pics next week when I have some time, plus the new light should be here by then.

Most of the corals are still on the recovery and still gaining back lost color.

• Like 2

I miss my yellow fiji leather. I got a long polyp leather to replace it but it's just not the same... plus the thing is massive. I think I'm going to trade it in and buy another yellow fiji instead.

JavaJacketOC

I miss my yellow fiji leather. I got a long polyp leather to replace it but it's just not the same... plus the thing is massive. I think I'm going to trade it in and buy another yellow fiji instead.

Yellow fiji's are the best

Yellow fiji's are the best

It's true. I posted for one in the livestock classifieds but I'll probably need to order one from a vendor.

I miss my yellow fiji too. :( It got big for my RSM and I sold it a while back.

• Like 1

I want Sexy shrimp. :wub:

They are no more in my tank sadly. I'd like to get some again but they can be a PITA. Luckily they only had a taste for zoas that grew faster than they could nibble away. Even with feeding them daily they would still go for my zoas.

I miss my yellow fiji too. :( It got big for my RSM and I sold it a while back.

Get one. I know you're all about that SPS but you know - they're pretty cool

Get one. I know you're all about that SPS but you know - they're pretty cool

I just counted 24 different Z's and P's. 25 different SPS.

Also let me take a moment to list my LPS - 16

Plus mushrooms, anemones, macros, sponges, gorgonians. And my ginormous nephthea leather in the fuge.

I run a true mixed reef. :closedeyes:

I just counted 24 different Z's and P's. 25 different SPS.

Also let me take a moment to list my LPS - 16

Plus mushrooms, anemones, macros, sponges, gorgonians. And my ginormous nephthea leather in the fuge.

I run a true mixed reef. :closedeyes:

ALL ABOUT THE SPS!

Okay fine then get one. No excuses

ImAllBlurry

Is that Tide chromed, or just polished?

It's awesome either way. Dave does such cool work.

Your tank is great - I hope the light makes it even better.