inTank Media Baskets

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

The green zoas just started popping up in the blues.

So the new sexy shrimp is kinda an ass. I've had the other one now for sometime without any problems. This new one though likes to roam around the tank picking at everything coral it sits on. The yellow fiji leather has been closed up all day today and I'm pretty sure it's due to the new sexy. Measures will need to be taken if he persists.
  • Like 4

Damnnnnnnnn that acan looks good :o

The color has morphed a bit since I got it but I like how it turned out.

acans wont kill the zoas if placed near each other?

Not that I've seen. It's been there for a few months now with no problems. Perhaps some are more aggressive than others but no issues with these guys

Yeah,I'm learning Acans will morph. My one rainbow frag has lost all it's "rainbow" colors due to too much light. So I moved it and my cornbred rainbow acan to a shady spot hopefully the one regains it's "rainbow" colors and doesn't stay orange/red.

That's good to know,seeming where I moved my acans there are on the edge of some Zoa's lol. Speaking of,got any plans to add anymore frags of anything ?

Yeah,I'm learning Acans will morph. My one rainbow frag has lost all it's "rainbow" colors due to too much light. So I moved it and my cornbred rainbow acan to a shady spot hopefully the one regains it's "rainbow" colors and doesn't stay orange/red.

That's good to know,seeming where I moved my acans there are on the edge of some Zoa's lol. Speaking of,got any plans to add anymore frags of anything ?

Mine went only from a lighter red to the darker red you see in the photos. I think I got it for $5 originally so it can be whatever color it likes. If I bought a rainbow acan like you I would definitely want it to stay that color. How long since you moved it? Seen any improvements in color?

I actually just pmed someone about a small piece of...something. I haven't had one in a while and it would be great to have a small one like he has. I'll take some pic's when I get it (hopefully soon but the weather is a bit warm for shipping...we'll see) Don't want to spoil the surprise!

Other than that I don't plan on much of anything else. I'm pretty maxed out as it is.

I've been trying to keep the shrimp happy with pellets over the past couple days before I go ahead and banish the new guy to the sump. The fiji leather is back open and they both seem happy munching away on the pellets. I'll have to keep up with the frequent pellet feedings.

• Like 5

Oh okay,that's always nice. It's nice that it darkened up for you. It's a awesome looking piece.

I moved it Monday I believe,and not all of it's color is but the green was starting to come back after 2 days of being shaded. Hopefully all of it's colors eventually come back. Some people say it can take months,or sometimes they never do fully come back or may morph into different colors.

This week I'm actually picking up a FNI 4 bulb fixture for $40 that has some old ATI bulbs,which I will use over my 7 gallon with all my Zoa's and LPS's. And keep my 2 gallon for full blown sps tank :D

Are you looking to get more acannnnnns ;) ?!?

• Like 1

Amazing shots man, tagging along :D

Beautiful pic.

Thanks!

Oh okay,that's always nice. It's nice that it darkened up for you. It's a awesome looking piece.

I moved it Monday I believe,and not all of it's color is but the green was starting to come back after 2 days of being shaded. Hopefully all of it's colors eventually come back. Some people say it can take months,or sometimes they never do fully come back or may morph into different colors.

This week I'm actually picking up a FNI 4 bulb fixture for $40 that has some old ATI bulbs,which I will use over my 7 gallon with all my Zoa's and LPS's. And keep my 2 gallon for full blown sps tank :D

Are you looking to get more acannnnnns ;) ?!?

2 gallon SPS tank? Sounds like a lot of work lol. Keep up on those water changes!

No more acans...not anytime soon anyway!

It's really not all that hard,honestly. I've got pieces encrusting and coloring up nicely for me and some starting to get some upward growth. Half gallon to almost full gallon water changes 1-2 times a week and Zeovit Nano Power pack dosing is doing nice. Zoa's hate it,but sps love it lol.

Check out my 7 gallon thread,you'll see ;)

• Like 1

no fear of sexy shrimp munching on zoas???

All or nothing man!

Eh they've been good ish so far. I've been keeping them well feed this past week and since they've been model citizens. Early this week the new one (male of the two) had been irritating my yellow leather.

Too quality shots like usual man,looks awesome. So was it only that one sexy that was giving you problems ?

Thanks! They're pretty photogenic.

Yea for sure. Things have been better with the feeding though. The leather is open.

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, it may have just been a coincidence that the new shrimp was hanging out on the leather. The leather may have just been sloughing off a top layer. Either way, I'm sure those sexies are enjoying their daily meals.

what are those yellow zoas on the bottom. i neeeed some.

Not sure actually. They're kinda like a yellow Eagle Eye

I need to frag away the green ones to the right so they can spread out more. When I do that I could probably make a frag of the yellows if you'd like!

Here's a closer photo of them

• Like 4