Pod Your Reef

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

I'm really close, so save some of those for me too :). Looks outstanding!

I will! I saw one yesterday that was actually twice the size of a pin head so they're growing fast. There are about twenty clutches of eggs right too

Where did you get that 10 pin mini DIN? Can't find them on ebay.

I got them at Fry's Electronics

• Like 1

Better FTS:

14867872021_8522b9910a_b.jpg

Where it lives:

14890788893_02a2903811_b.jpg

I have to bring this to the next page. The tank looks really well put together with everything else around it!

• Like 5
Love this tank! I have the bluefish with a nanobox fixture and they're anks! Gotta love that Nanobox

I have to bring this to the next page. The tank looks really well put together with everything else around it!

Yea, most of my tanks in the past have ended up looking like science labs... It's nice to finally have everything setup the way I want it with it being all contained. I keep the ATO reservoir in the trunk next to the tank.

i know the sump/fuge on this thing is awesome. we need to see more of that ;)

I'll get some up this weekend. Busy at work this week. I managed to get a water change in last night before I went to bed...gotta keep up with those weekly water changes!

• Like 1
my tank looks like crap. i didnt change for for over a month :blink::wacko:

Get on that!

I started using kalk in my ATO. Weekly water changes and the kalk seem to be good enough for the demand of this tank

• Like 1

During the water change last night the sexy shrimp released a bunch of larvae. I didn't even notice she was carrying anything but all of a sudden she did a little dance and then they were off. I had my pumps off so I quickly grabbed my phone and took a video. I thought it was neat seeing how they swim together almost like a flock of birds. They are all coral food now...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/14735764518/

i can't figure out how to just embed the video.

• Like 2

During the water change last night the sexy shrimp released a bunch of larvae. I didn't even notice she was carrying anything but all of a sudden she did a little dance and then they were off. I had my pumps off so I quickly grabbed my phone and took a video. I thought it was neat seeing how they swim together almost like a flock of birds. They are all coral food now...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/14735764518/

i can't figure out how to just embed the video.

coral food fo free

• Like 2

Here's a pic of the sump for JR

14938726981_7577a92faf_b.jpg

Also, them babies be growin!

This one found it's way down to the sump

14755187968_59aa5e6052_b.jpg

And a hand held macro shot of my favorite ric next to my favorite zoas in the tank. I like yellow.

14755119709_9b68ba55a3_b.jpg

• Like 5
Your sump looks better than some people's tanks haha love it. Your tank is really beautiful. :)

Thank you! It's really just a pile of what doesn't fit well in the DT

• Like 2

Just got home from the LFS. I went to pick up a smaller emerald crab. The big one I had in the DT started to knocking over stuff so I plopped him in the sump. I needed some better algae control down there anyway. So yeah I got a small emerald. And another sexy shrimp. And I found another nano conch in their systems so I grabbed that. And I impulse bought a fish...

Damn store making buy all these things!

Really though thanks

• Like 2

Photo dump! Here are the new acquisitions!

First up, new fish. I couldn't resist. The fish cost $3.99 and is about the size of my thumbnail. I didn't plan on getting anymore fish for this tank but here we are. It went right in the tank, no qt. He's eating anything I give him and picking pods like crazy. Seems healthy enough! If the little guy doesn't work out I'm not getting anymore fish.

14799703818_cc117f6f57_b.jpg
IMG_6627 by Justind823, on Flickr

14799629299_104641ab47_b.jpg
IMG_6617 by Justind823, on Flickr

14798816369_42c7d8ac2c_b.jpg
IMG_6550 by Justind823, on Flickr
Here is the new sexy with the old sexy. They became fast friends.

14963323926_abfd465374_b.jpg
IMG_6583 by Justind823, on Flickr
And just the new one chilling on the frogspawn.

14798808039_d96c21e12b_b.jpg
IMG_6533 by Justind823, on Flickr
And finally here is the new smaller emerald.

14985508265_4eec229b73_b.jpg
IMG_6514 by Justind823, on Flickr
  • Like 5

I'm actually not certain what kind of damselfish this is. Yellow tail? The fade from blue to yellow is throwing me.

I'll have to get some better pictures to show how small he really is.

JavaJacketOC

To give you a better idea of how tiny the damsel is.

14815910979_ab98889800_b.jpg
IMG_6672 by Justind823, on Flickr

15002611695_11ea898163_b.jpg
IMG_6673 by Justind823, on Flickr
And some zoas

14795561687_43736420ea_b.jpg
IMG_6426 by Justind823, on Flickr

I would assime it's just an immature yellow tail, I think I remember seeing some that looked like this at my LFS. The full grown fish, displaying yellow tails were about double the size of the ones that wern't displaying the yellow yet.

• Like 1

I would assime it's just an immature yellow tail, I think I remember seeing some that looked like this at my LFS. The full grown fish, displaying yellow tails were about double the size of the ones that wern't displaying the yellow yet.

Damn,dass a small phish !!! Definitely a juvenile Yellow Tail for sure. Those Zoa's are super nice though.

Yea definitely going with yellow tail then, thanks guys. He's the new king of the castle.