Top Shelf Aquatics

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

omgomgomg

Awesome work!!!! I'm taking notes for the future...I just love your style :).

THANK YOU!!

! save some for me!!!!

I got two of them. Once they start spawning you're at the top of the list!

jedimasterben

Those things are seriously the best. Unfortunately my tank is dino-ridden so I will be unable to share them and be able to sleep at night!

Those things are seriously the best. Unfortunately my tank is dino-ridden so I will be unable to share them and be able to sleep at night!

If they have a job to do there is no reason to be parting with them. Throw everything you have at that crap

JavaJacketOC

It's nice walking into your LFS and seeing things the employees don't even know they have. I saw a couple strombus maculatus cruising their tank so I told them to throw them in with the sexy shrimp. (Oh yeah I got a sexy shrimp :D ) SO now I've some of my very own nano conchs which I haven't had in years! They're the best especially when they're free

You lucky bish

• Like 1
Miguel Burguete

Haha thanks.

I admit I rarely test and do not dose. I probably should start doing those things like I said I would...

I 'm only asking because even after removed the few sps´s I had, I'm still having probs of alkalinity. My alk dont go over 6dKh..

I´m not the kind of guy always worried about parameters but since my beautiful coralline algae started to get white I started testing more frequently.

Maybe it is a problem with magnesium, from what I've been reading.

It's nice walking into your LFS and seeing things the employees don't even know they have. I saw a couple strombus maculatus cruising their tank so I told them to throw them in with the sexy shrimp. (Oh yeah I got a sexy shrimp :D ) SO now I've some of my very own nano conchs which I haven't had in years! They're the best especially when they're free

Awesome! Which LFS? I'm tempted to place an order with IPSF. I need to beef up my snail cuc anyways :).
I 'm only asking because even after removed the few sps´s I had, I'm still having probs of alkalinity. My alk dont go over 6dKh.. I´m not the kind of guy always worried about parameters but since my beautiful coralline algae started to get white I started testing more frequently. Maybe it is a problem with magnesium, from what I've been reading.
Ah gotcha. It's always a pain working parameters in a nano. Do a big water change to get a base and then go from there.

Awesome! Which LFS? I'm tempted to place an order with IPSF. I need to beef up my snail cuc anyways :).
Picked them up at The Aquarium in Culver City. The place is okay. Corals arent bad but their livestock seems to be going downhill. I found them in with the rest of the snails so there could be more hiding out!
  • Like 2

Picked them up at The Aquarium in Culver City. The place is okay. Corals arent bad but their livestock seems to be going downhill. I found them in with the rest of the snails so there could be more hiding out!

Next time I'm down that way, I'll check it out. Thanks :)
  • Like 1
Spiderguardnano

Thanks!

The glass magnet? It's a Vertex Cleaner-Mag Simplex

awesome it looks like it does a great job

ordering one now

thanks

• Like 1
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

This tank is so beautiful...

I just got a MAME and I cant seem to find the right size tubing. Everything I try for the outlet is either too big or too small. What size do you use and where did you get it?

This tank is so beautiful...

I just got a MAME and I cant seem to find the right size tubing. Everything I try for the outlet is either too big or too small. What size do you use and where did you get it?

Thanks!

I used 1" ID. It's probably a mm too large but with a zip tie it tightens it up enough. I haven't had any problems yet!

I was just looking at your 30c thread...is that tank still running? Looks great!

awesome it looks like it does a great job

ordering one now

thanks

When I first got it I didn't much care for it but now I'm happy with it. I thought the magnet strength was a little weak but since using it I have no complaints. It's one of the more attractive mag cleaners out there for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FTS with the mame?

Update for us Justin?

Hey there! Long time no post huh guys? Sorry about that. I've been away and a bit busy the past week to post.

So the tank had a rough time while I was away - My frogspawn and duncans lost some of the their color and my maxi nems bleached out. Everything else is fine aside from some of the zoas. Things are making a noticeable recovery now though.

In other news I updated my Unibody leds with a new Nanobox board. I'm very impressed with the color mixture Dave came up with, it looks wonderful over my tank! I also used some of the leds I removed from my fixture to make a new light for the display area of the sump. I'm pleased with how it came out plus it didn't cost me anything as I had a small heatsink and fan from a build years ago.

Any who, I'll post some pics soon!

• Like 1
Damn for a sump light it looks amazing man. Can't wait to see what you what you do with your light for your tank.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with it. The whole string is all on one channel but it's a decent color blend.

The light on the DT or the sump ?

I need to follow my own thread. I always miss the replies!

I was talking about the light in the sump.

Now for the recently overhauled DT light -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/14795500154/]14795500154_628842f3f1_b.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/14795500154/]IMG_6352[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/98067070@N03/]Justind823[/url], on Flickr

Here it is with the new wood veneer top and Nanobox board. I also cleaned up the wiring to make it easier for me to remove from the light tree. I added a 10 pin DIN plug on the light and and another a few inches from the driver box. Before the light was hardwired to the conduit which made it a pain to deal with if I ever wanted to work on it.

I brushed the heatsink as well so now it matches my stand perfectly. :happydance: I also kept a couple wires open in case I want to add a moonlight one day. While I'm at it perhaps I'll get a storm controller or maybe go Bluefish if I want to show off.

The tank is still recovering. Colors slowing coming back most of the corals. My St. Thomas mushroom is still struggling, expelling its guts every night. Today I noticed that one of the bubbles has puffed up so it might be coming around.

• Like 7