Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

I've heard that. I've decided it's going to be the only fish in the tank though.

Do you know if these fish ever show any aggression towards invertebrates?

they have them in the frag tanks at the lfs and i have never seen them touch anything but tiny stuff on the rocks.

I've heard that. I've decided it's going to be the only fish in the tank though.

Do you know if these fish ever show any aggression towards invertebrates?

Nah they were only aggressive towards other fish.

I like his purple head :).

Me too! I bought some mysis today for the little guy. I figured a straight diet of flatworms can't be good for him haha. Ate it up like a fatty.

FTS!

About to post one!

• Like 1

So...let me explain what's going on here. I'm now using a Fluval 106 canister filter with acrylic lily pipes. I made an acrylic overflow to get some surface skimming and gave it a frosted look instead of the traditional black. It also hides the ato and temp probe. So far so good! I'm sticking with the clear back pane, no black background this time!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/14035046976/'>14035046976_d4ff641450_b.jpg

Some of the corals have been a little pissed off over the past few days from the damsel picking flatworms off. Once the damsel gets them in check I'm sure they'll be happy again.

• Like 6
Legendary Corals

So...let me explain what's going on here. I'm now using a Fluval 106 canister filter with acrylic lily pipes. I made an acrylic overflow to get some surface skimming and gave it a frosted look instead of the traditional black. It also hides the ato and temp probe. So far so good! I'm sticking with the clear back pane, no black background this time!

14035046976_d4ff641450_b.jpg

IMG_4971 by Justind823, on Flickr

Some of the corals have been a little pissed off over the past few days from the damsel picking flatworms off. Once the damsel gets them in check I'm sure they'll be happy again.

That's just a gorgeous tank. I love how the frogspawn looks like a tree.

tank of the month really soon. i can see it coming.

so beautiful justin. well done

Thanks bud, that means a lot.

That's just a gorgeous tank. I love how the frogspawn looks like a tree.

Looking good, Justin! Very nice use of space.

Thanks guys! I'm finally just going to let it sit and grow out. Enough messing with stuff. I'll now just focus on keeping the parameters in check.

• Like 2
Miguel Burguete

Love your tank man!!

Can you explain what kind of Led´s are you using? From which brand, how many? Or a photo of it..?

Miguel.

Justind823

Love your tank man!!

Can you explain what kind of Led´s are you using? From which brand, how many? Or a photo of it..?

Miguel.

Sure!

4 royal blue and 4 cool white Cree's (can't recall which gen) with 2 ocean coral white's from ledgroupbuy. Powered by the dimmable duo700 driver from the old Nanocustoms and a separate dimmable driver for the ocw's. I'll get a picture for you soon.

Looks fantastic!!! I love that yellow fiji leather :wub:. Those magicians better perk up again :).

Thank you!

The polyps on the yellow fiji haven't been out since I took the photo. I've heard they are a hit or miss coral but so far other than lack of polyps extension it doesn't look in bad shape. I put some more flow on it and bumped up the lights a bit since I also read they are a high light/ flow leather. Hopefully i'll come home one day and see it opened up!

I'm thinking about FWExiting this tank. Those magicians are still covered in the little bastards. I've seen the damsel eat them so I know he's been busy but they must be reproducing too quickly. I've waited long enough in hopes that they would be eaten or die off naturally.

• Like 3

Thank you!

The polyps on the yellow fiji haven't been out since I took the photo. I've heard they are a hit or miss coral but so far other than lack of polyps extension it doesn't look in bad shape. I put some more flow on it and bumped up the lights a bit since I also read they are a high light/ flow leather. Hopefully i'll come home one day and see it opened up!

I'm thinking about FWExiting this tank. Those magicians are still covered in the little bastards. I've seen the damsel eat them so I know he's been busy but they must be reproducing too quickly. I've waited long enough in hopes that they would be eaten or die off naturally.

Even without polyps out it's a gorgeous bright yellow and looks great :).

People seem to have success with the FWE. I always see people saying just follow the directions and everything will be fine.

Justind823

Even without polyps out it's a gorgeous bright yellow and looks great :).

People seem to have success with the FWE. I always see people saying just follow the directions and everything will be fine.

Yes, I love the color on it. Yellow is always a difficult color to find and keep with corals.

i used it on a few tanks and its always worked great. just gena said just follow the directions and it will work

Yea I ordered it last night. I'll be sure to vacuum as many as I can and have a water change standing by when I dose. I'm not worried.

• Like 2
Justind823

SO my St. Thomas mushroom had a lovely dinner tonight. Main course: Damsel...

I'm 95% sure about that anyway. The fish is no where to be found, in the tank or on the floor. The corallimorph is looking pleasently plump and the pom pom crab is lurking around near it.

Last night the fish was behaving normally so I'm not sure what happened between then and 630pm today. Regardless of what happened I'm sure the mushie is happy.

I liked that fish...sucks.

One good thing to note,the yellow fiji leather seems to be coming around. The polyps were out when I came home

• Like 1

SO my St. Thomas mushroom had a lovely dinner tonight. Main course: Damsel...

I'm 95% sure about that anyway. The fish is no where to be found, in the tank or on the floor. The corallimorph is looking pleasently plump and the pom pom crab is lurking around near it.

Last night the fish was behaving normally so I'm not sure what happened between then and 630pm today. Regardless of what happened I'm sure the mushie is happy.

I liked that fish...sucks.

One good thing to note,the yellow fiji leather seems to be coming around. The polyps were out when I came home

I wouldn't be surprised! I had a large st. thomas mushroom eat an orchid dottyback. She was perfectly fine. I checked the tank right before leaving the house to pick my son up from school. Got back and saw the mushroom huge and closed up with something pink inside of it :angry:. The mushroom was attached to the glass so I scraped it off and pried it open, and sure enough there she was. It was too late of course, but since I had the mushroom out, I took it to the LFS.

I had just put a new large emerald crab into the tank and I'm pretty sure the crab spooked the dottyback and she unfortunately ran into the mushroom area which instantly closed up on her :(. It was very tight quarters in that tank.

Justind823

well thats good and bad i guess. you have another fish in mind for the tank?

Nah. Gonna hold off for awhile on the fish. I'm going on a two week trip in July so maybe after that. I'll have to get rid of the mushroom to feel safe about putting a fish in there too.

that damsel was awesome! and i love the shape of this tank great job

Thanks. I'm loving this tank so far.

I wouldn't be surprised! I had a large st. thomas mushroom eat an orchid dottyback. She was perfectly fine. I checked the tank right before leaving the house to pick my son up from school. Got back and saw the mushroom huge and closed up with something pink inside of it :angry:. The mushroom was attached to the glass so I scraped it off and pried it open, and sure enough there she was. It was too late of course, but since I had the mushroom out, I took it to the LFS.

I had just put a new large emerald crab into the tank and I'm pretty sure the crab spooked the dottyback and she unfortunately ran into the mushroom area which instantly closed up on her :(. It was very tight quarters in that tank.

Ah your mushie has more expensive taste than mine. If anything else at least it was a cheap fish.

Yea I got confirmation yesterday morning. I saw the damn thing spit out the fish. Oh well! If I ever get another fish I will for sure be taking out that mushroom.

I used FWE today and everything went well. Lots of searching and siphoning. We'll see how the tank looks in the next few days, hopefully I got them all.

• Like 2

Ah your mushie has more expensive taste than mine. If anything else at least it was a cheap fish.

Yea I got confirmation yesterday morning. I saw the damn thing spit out the fish. Oh well! If I ever get another fish I will for sure be taking out that mushroom.

I used FWE today and everything went well. Lots of searching and siphoning. We'll see how the tank looks in the next few days, hopefully I got them all.

It can't be a pleasant death. Our poor fishies :(.

Excellent news on the FWE :).

Justind823