Top Shelf Aquatics

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Gah! Very cute. Those markings do look a lot like my cat.

They look little. When do you get to take them home?

Probably next weekend!

Your new FTS is incredible :wub:.

• Like 1
Justind823

so beautiful

Probably next weekend!

Your new FTS is incredible :wub:.

Yes! Cats!

Your new FTS looks amazing has the tank been up for 2 years?(sorry I didnt read through 21 pages)

Just about! I upgraded from a 5 gallon after the tank cracked on me.

I have a question, what ?, clean rounded edges of the aquarium glass aquarium is quality?

ENGLISH

Your Aquarium is very nice!

Err...I'm not sure I understand your question.

Justin, that FTS is flat out insane. Keep up the amazing work.

-D

i love how the duncans on top has streaks of yellow from the light

Yea it is a cool effect!

Thanks all!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Came home from a two week trip in Kauai and all is well. The macro exploded in growth while I was gone! The auto feeder I had hooked up pumped out a lot of food even at the lowest setting.

Came home to this :) :

19685872460_31ea509b2b_b.jpgIMG_8102 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

Kauai was a lot of this:

19686001728_7fe90d1cd1_b.jpgIMG_7825 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

And this:

19686187178_e0b1ce65a7_b.jpgGOPR8312 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

That was our last dive. Visibility was poor but still amazing.

We had a blast! 4 Scuba dives, snorkeling almost everyday, hiking, zip lining and lots of island drinks. I want to go back

• Like 7

Are you serious? The tank looked that great after a 2 week trip away? Jesus...

Also, what settings are you running with that nanobox array?

• Like 2

Looks fantastic! My wife and I are planning on heading to Kauai in a year too. Most amazing place on earth for me. Where did you guys stay on the island?

-Dave

Oh wow...your tank did GREAT! Please tell me you had to at least scrape the glass when you got home? :lol:

You have a fox coral :wub:. I'm getting a small one (hopefully) from my LFS this week...or in the near future. How long have you had yours?

Looks like an awesome trip :). I would love to visit some day.

I highly recommend it! It's a beautiful island

Are you serious? The tank looked that great after a 2 week trip away? Jesus...

Also, what settings are you running with that nanobox array?

Haha yeah I should stop sticking my hands in it so much when I'm home.

For the Nanobox it's a a 50/50 mix of the blue and white channels peaking during the daytime at 85% for 5 hours. The morning and night I have at two hours each ramping up and dimming down completely. I think that makes sense...

Looks fantastic, that red macro really adds to the color.

Yea I love it. I do need to trim it back a bit though, the ducan has been engulfed

Looks fantastic! My wife and I are planning on heading to Kauai in a year too. Most amazing place on earth for me. Where did you guys stay on the island?

-Dave

Thanks Dave!

Yea I'm ready to move myself. We stayed a little north of Hanaeli Bay at a house right next to Tunnels beach. The north shore is where it's at.

Oh wow...your tank did GREAT! Please tell me you had to at least scrape the glass when you got home? :lol:

You have a fox coral :wub:. I'm getting a small one (hopefully) from my LFS this week...or in the near future. How long have you had yours?

Haha yeah I admit I had to take the mag cleaner to the front glass before taking a picture. Surprisingly the glass didn't have that much growth on it though.

Good! Get one! I do love my fox coral. I think I got it at the end of May

This tank is incredible. Hope you had a good time on vacation. I'm about to leave on a trip to Maui

Thanks! We had a truly amazing time. I hear good things about all the Hawaiian islands, you'll have a blast.

• Like 2

Finally pushed myself to hook up the PC4 I bought used a few months ago. Now I have an outlet dedicated to a cooling fan when the tank gets too hot. The fan kicks on at 82. I cleaned it up while I was at it. Mounted all the controllers to the side n such. This is about as clean as it's going to get.

19735609828_18d729078e_b.jpgIMG_8105 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

Also, I haven't posted a picture of the inner workings in a while.

19301025394_e3e28520c2_b.jpgIMG_8112 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

• Like 3

Really Sharp! What is coral is at the top hiding behind the macro algae on the right rock?

That would be my little ducan colony. I actually trimmed that macro last night to give it some room!

• Like 1