inTank Media Baskets

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

LOL- You don't have.....you don't have.....you don't have the heat sink? Oh well it's anyone's guess now.... My money's on a another kid. Ben needs "diaper money"!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the Luxeon M 12 V has been discontinued and will not be sold anymore. Any ideas about the best replacement for this LED? May be the Luxeon M 6 V (and where can you find it)?

jedimasterben

Apparently the Luxeon M 12 V has been discontinued and will not be sold anymore. Any ideas about the best replacement for this LED? May be the Luxeon M 6 V (and where can you find it)?

Where did you hear that?

Hi Ben: I checked stevesleds place and there he says that the Luxeon M will not be available until the first quarter of 2016. Afterwards I visited ledsgroupbuy and apparently they carry Luxeon M, but I sent an email to Milad and this was his response:

Hi jose

We just got word from Luxeon they are not making 12v version anymore. We will be bringing in the 6V instead.

Milad

So, it seems the Luxeon M 12 V royal blue is history, but I have not been able to find those Luxeon M 6 V, although Lumileds has their specifications (http://www.lumileds.com/uploads/354/DS103-pdf).

Hi Ben: I checked stevesleds place and there he says that the Luxeon M will not be available until the first quarter of 2016. Afterwards I visited ledsgroupbuy and apparently they carry Luxeon M, but I sent an email to Milad and this was his response:

Hi jose

We just got word from Luxeon they are not making 12v version anymore. We will be bringing in the 6V instead.

Milad

So, it seems the Luxeon M 12 V royal blue is history, but I have not been able to find those Luxeon M 6 V, although Lumileds has their specifications (http://www.lumileds.com/uploads/354/DS103-pdf).

Well shit. I bought mine from ledgroupbuy over 6 months ago and they just keep telling me 'next month' over and over again.

jedimasterben

Well, the 3v and 6v M both basically will force people away from LDD drivers if they want to run them at nominal current or higher. The 6v M is binned at 1.4A and maximum is 2A, the 3v M is binned at 2.8A and maximum is 4A. In a nutshell, the 6v is four Luxeon T in two parallel strings of two, and the 3v M is the four diodes run all in parallel, whereas the 12v M is all four in series.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

####ing ebay seller keeps sending me old, beat up Accustart ballasts instead of Philips. This is twice in a row that they've done this, really pissed at them now. Good thing that this is not something that I'm waiting on.

How big are the Centium ballasts compared to HEP? Wonder is they will fit inside my powermodule. 1.10 ballast factor is tasty when running dual 24W on the ICN-2S39.

What does ballast factor mean? Is it an efficiency measure

Yes. So basically it's the measure of how efficient it will run the bulbs. So compared to a HEP SI218-40 with it's 0.95 ballast factor the Centium will be 15% brighter. Also the centium has half the THD of the HEP. All in all it is a superior ballast in every way.

jedimasterben

How big are the Centium ballasts compared to HEP? Wonder is they will fit inside my powermodule. 1.10 ballast factor is tasty when running dual 24W on the ICN-2S39.

They're the same size.

IMG_20151207_210035424.jpg

Archived