ReefCleaners.org

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

For some reason Christmas lights made me imagine Ben lighting his tank with The Star of Bethlehem.

:lol:

Shop light. You've finally come to your senses and ditched all this new fangled LED stuff.

:lol: best answer so far :D
jedimasterben

Looks like its a single source pendant of some sort. I'm guessing 200w CFL?

A single 200w CFL wouldn't do this, though, without a massive reflector like a metal halide would have. And it would be nearly a foot long lol

jedimasterben

Haha that was a wild guess as the picture looked familiar from something I saw at rc.

and the people in that thread really didn't like that I called their pictures bad :lol:

jedimasterben

Cuz Mars Aqua is sexy when you gut it and take out half the LEDs.

I took out four of them :lol:

If you have a good supplier for the replacements.

I do want to do that to my evergrow eventually.

Reefbreeders has them and they will at least guarantee you're getting what you ordered. :)

Reefbreeders has them and they will at least guarantee you're getting what you ordered. :)

Yeah but they don't have any cyans. Though I did find what may be a reliable source once.

jedimasterben

Details? I have 2 of those Mars Aqua type LED rigs and I don't love the color.

and I was joking about the CFL Ben, jeesh!

I know you were, it gave me a laugh to think about how massive one would need to be to get that wattage lol. Would be a like a duck penis at that point!

uwFXFej.gif

The fixture is mostly stock. I just swapped out the green and red LEDs for violets from Reefbreeders, and attached a Bluefish to the dimming controls, they use 0-10v analog. I have some quieter fans for it, but I haven't had the chance yet to connect them up. I also put some of the peel n stick 'sand' diffuser on the splash shield. It doesn't help a whole lot, but it takes the sting out when you look at it, which is what I need with a munchkin around now, don't want to blind her :)

Yeah but they don't have any cyans. Though I did find what may be a reliable source once.

LEDgroupbuy still has a thousand or so cyan. http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/turquoise-495nm/

jedimasterben

That would be FANTASTIC! I got another 'ICN-2S39' in yesterday. It was supposed to be new. It was a well-used ICN-2S54. Grrrr.

I know you were, it gave me a laugh to think about how massive one would need to be to get that wattage lol. Would be a like a duck penis at that point!

uwFXFej.gif

The fixture is mostly stock. I just swapped out the green and red LEDs for violets from Reefbreeders, and attached a Bluefish to the dimming controls, they use 0-10v analog. I have some quieter fans for it, but I haven't had the chance yet to connect them up. I also put some of the peel n stick 'sand' diffuser on the splash shield. It doesn't help a whole lot, but it takes the sting out when you look at it, which is what I need with a munchkin around now, don't want to blind her :)

LEDgroupbuy still has a thousand or so cyan. http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/turquoise-495nm/

DEAR LORD WHY DID I CLICK THE SPOILER!!!!!!

Archived