Top Shelf Aquatics

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Ok so I'm probably the slow person in this thread but why did you go with this current light option?

I needed something temporary for some :ninja: reasons and after seeing quite a bit about this fixture I wanted to see what it was all about. I'm super impressed with it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a lot of ballasts. O.O What size lamps do those run?

The last time I tried one of theirs I snapped the shell off and left the thermal slug stuck to the star. XD

They are centium ICN-2S39 so will work with 24W and 39W T5. I need 10 for a project but will be selling the rest.

They are centium ICN-2S39 so will work with 24W and 39W T5. I need 10 for a project but will be selling the rest.

So you bought 20 O.o gonna recoup costs with the other 10?

So you bought 20 O.o gonna recoup costs with the other 10?

Yeah it was a lot deal where it was take all or nothing so just said what the heck. Would have ended up being more expensive buying 10 so I figured I could use the money I make on selling the rest for the other parts of the fixture.

How did you hook the bluefish to the Fixture? What did you use? i do not know alot about modding these fixtures and adding a bluefish sounds amazing. Did you use the bluefish mini or regular? sorry for all the questions in one post.

jedimasterben

How did you hook the bluefish to the Fixture? What did you use? i do not know alot about modding these fixtures and adding a bluefish sounds amazing. Did you use the bluefish mini or regular? sorry for all the questions in one post.

Have to use the Bluefish as the fixtures use 10v PWM. I don't use PWM, though, I have it set to analog, as using PWM it makes the fans buzz :)

All I had to do was solder in the Bluefish connections into the two points on the little dimming board attached to the driver.

IMG_20151201_081815908.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Need more input to form opinion.

Well, let me ask this...given that Phillips make their own LEDs, do you see this as having potential to create a more reef specific type of LED that would reduce our dependence on different color LEDs to create the spectrum we need for our tanks?

jedimasterben

They would never make a single LED diode with phosphor for a use over a reef. That single diode would have no market, as it would only be 'just right' for a tiny amount of people, nearly everyone would want it to look slightly different, more blue, less blue, more green, less red, etc etc. You would not be able to change the look of the light without changing the phosphor.

They could be doing a remote phosphor above the dies. This is what they do in their high-CRI incandescent replacement lamps. http://www.molalla.net/members/leeper/L%20prize%20bulb.htm But again, this would severely limit their market and it would not be adjustable in color, just intensity.

Not sure. My computer doesn't want to download it. :/

It's a field report on the Philips LED fixture. They did a comparison with an ATI sunpower.

jedimasterben

It's a field report on the Philips LED fixture. They did a comparison with an ATI sunpower.

Actually, they did a comparison with two of each. The PAR was the same, but comparing 12x54w T5HO to a pair of significantly smaller LED fixtures is difficult. Their setup for it was very strange, but that's what they had to do to keep PAR the same for both, and it worked out well. The report also states that the fixtures are simple two channel setups, 'white' and 'blue', no other data. They used settings of 60%/100% to get the same visual color as an ATI Aquablue Special. They matched fairly closely, so I would assume that they are using lime in the fixture and that with both channels at 100% it probably is about the same as a Coral Plus lamp in color, which is cool for me.

Unfortunately, I am thinking that this is going to be in the $700-1000 range when it is released.

EDIT: no lime at all.

philips%252520coralcare.png

White (assuming cool), blue, royal blue, violet, and the orange diodes are PC amber.

Archived