SaltCritters.com

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

I dig it. It's like the big brother to my build.

Yours is one of the 418 As-is?

I also didn't realize that the center of the fixture has the cutout for vent holes. Will really muck up my symmetry :(

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool heat sink.

I also didn't realize that the center of the fixture has the cutout for vent holes. Will really muck up my symmetry :(

Could you not get some high grade 4mm aluminium plate the right size for you cluster and fix it over the vent with the cluster on it.

Doubt you'd loose to much thermal efficiency doing this.

Yours is one of the 418 As-is?

No mine was a custom job, basically a 24" long 418 or if you prefer, a 424. I wanted to easily cover 40".
jedimasterben

Cool heat sink.

Could you not get some high grade 4mm aluminium plate the right size for you cluster and fix it over the vent with the cluster on it.

Doubt you'd loose to much thermal efficiency doing this.

Any contact like that will directly impact the heat transfer away from the LED, which will be more important since theyre clustered so tightly. Still not sure what I will do but will figure something out.

Any contact like that will directly impact the heat transfer away from the LED, which will be more important since theyre clustered so tightly. Still not sure what I will do but will figure something out.

Add an extra cluster so you have 4 instead of 3.

More = better and it solves your OCD issues lol (I'd have the same issue with it not being symmetrical).

jedimasterben

Add an extra cluster so you have 4 instead of 3.

More = better and it solves your OCD issues lol (I'd have the same issue with it not being symmetrical).

That also increases cost not only for LEDs but also drivers and driver boards, as I'd need new, lower amperage LDD and more boards to be able to run everything lol

That also increases cost not only for LEDs but also drivers and driver boards, as I'd need new, lower amperage LDD and more boards to be able to run everything lol

Fail to see the reason not to do it............... Just don't tell the wife lol...............

I'm sure you'll figure something else out.

Symmetry>cost :P

jedimasterben

No idea what that means my desktop is decrepit. :P

Still has Vista and a 250W PSU

Dell U3415W is Dell's 34" curved ultra wide IPS display. 3440x1440 goodness :)

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have a Mini-ITX system now, so can only fit one 980ti, so 4k is really out of the question. :D

Yeah good point. :)

jedimasterben

So some :ninja: shit is happening. All the LEDs for this build are now for sale.

3x Vero 10 4000K 90CRI

6x Luxeon M

3x 3up cyan/lime/lime separate wiring

3x 3up blue/blue/blue connected wiring

12x SemiLEDs C35 violet

$160 shipped.

That must mean ... New led tech from someone and Ben gets to play lewt :ninja: mastah guinea pig.

LOL- That's what I suspect..... otherwise the heat sink would be up for grabs too.

jedimasterben

LOL- That's what I suspect..... otherwise the heat sink would be up for grabs too.

Actually, I don't even have the heatsink at all yet.

christ-pratt-oh-snap-gif.gif

Archived