Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Evil cluster ... #### Yeah.

Looks like a High CRI Vero flanked by two Luxeon M RB, three cool blue on one three up, two lime and cyan on another three up, and four violets.

Damn, can't keep a secret anymore. :P

You need help Ben :lol:

This I do! Please send money via paypal :D

jedimasterben

You should have made the image resolution lower. ;)

Or I should have just used colored circles for the LEDs instead of making them true to size :lol:

jedimasterben

So here are the deets.

LED clusters, x3 across the heatsink:

1x Bridgelux Vero 10 4000K 90CRI BXRC-40G1000-03

4x SemiLED C35L 410-420nm

2x Luxeon M royal blue

4x Rebel blue (the above picture shows three, that is what I'll start with but I ordered three more just in case I think I need a bit more)

1x Rebel cyan

2x Rebel ES lime

The Vero will be run on LDD-350H and the rest on LDD-700H, total of nine drivers. All channels will be individually dimmable (so the 3up containing two lime and one cyan will have individual solder points). SCW will power the fans and the Bluefish Mini. Power supply is an HLG-185H-48A.

Heatsink is a CNCreef Asis Pro 8x24. T5 will be two Giesemann Aquablue Coral, powered by a Philips Advance ICN-2S24 ballast, and attached to a Powerswitch Tail for digital control.

I was going to find a funny meme saying something like, well here we go again, but considering my uncertainty with keeping tanks running I'll just say, awesome, gonna be badass.

jedimasterben

I was going to find a funny meme saying something like, well here we go again, but considering my uncertainty with keeping tanks running I'll just say, awesome, gonna be badass.

:D
jedimasterben

The longest wait will be the heatsink. Dave is getting it for me, and he is out of them, so whenever that shows up, everything else should be here and I'll be ready to rock and roll!

jedimasterben

Does he ship them or just drive down them personally for you?

Daaaaave, I've got another idea for yet another light.

Okeechobee is a bit of a drive from NC :lol:

Though when he went to Reefapalooza a couple of years ago he hand delivered my Nanobox housings! Was pretty cool to meet that tall sonuvabitch :D

jedimasterben

So why the clusters over Dave's arrays.

Control. Lime and white are controlled the same on Dave's arrays, and since the warm white T is a much lower flux part than the high CRI Vero, it is a little off-balance for me personally, as I run much more white than most people, so for 99% of reefers it doesn't matter, as they run heavier blue.

Having control of lime by itself is a way of getting extreme brightness to the eye (and a bit of 'white' ness combined with royal blue) without adding a ton of PAR like it would be with a white LED, so I can get my preferred look without having to really blast corals with light.

jedimasterben

I have a couple 3K 92CRI arrays with a pretty violet spike. And some 5K 90 CRI Arrays. :P

So you got some of the Crispwhites or something else? I just don't want to have to balance anything warmer than 4K or I would have tried those lol. Side by side I like the 4k 90s over the 5k 90s unless they're mixed with the warms over a planted tank :P

That's good then because that's what they're for. :)

I still need the rest of the LEDs to finish up the fixture. Need some two ups RB and cool blue on three and lime and cyan on the other. Or just three ups RB, cool blue, cyan with the lime on their own.

And a couple cheap heatsinks.

And yeah they're crispwhites. I thought they would be fun to try. The 5k arrays k are v10s.

jedimasterben

That's what I did on my planted tank, a 3up of royal, blue, and cyan, and then lime by itself. Worked out great since they're just colors added in tiny amounts compared to the whites.

Yea. I emulated that build but decided I wanted to use the crisp whites for the warm white and violet.

I figure the plants don't need a ton of violet and three clusters with 1:1:1:1:1:1 3k 92CRI white:5k 90CRI white:Royal:Blue:Cyan:Lime should be sufficient for a low light 40B tank.

Hell its probably good for more than just low light depending on the driver's. (Leaning towards all LDD-350H).

jedimasterben

Yea. I emulated that build but decided I wanted to use the crisp whites for the warm white and violet.

I figure the plants don't need a ton of violet and three clusters with 1:1:1:1:1:1 3k 92CRI white:5k 90CRI white:Royal:Blue:Cyan:Lime should be sufficient for a low light 40B tank.

Hell its probably good for more than just low light depending on the driver's. (Leaning towards all LDD-350H).

I'd considered the Crispwhites but then decided the 97CRI Vero I just couldn't pass up lol. Honestly though, since I've got 90 CRI whites and lime, it wouldn't have made much, if any, difference to do CrispWhite.

Gahhh, why did you have to mention that it's a 40! Makes me want to set up a bigger planted tank!!

wow.such.chris

This is just the thread I was looking for. All channels being individually dimmable and someone shying away from the blues that I'm not a fan of (guess I'm part of that 1%). I'm a big fan of the color from Giga's fixture too. Looking forward to learning and seeing you get this one assembled!

jedimasterben

This is just the thread I was looking for. All channels being individually dimmable and someone shying away from the blues that I'm not a fan of (guess I'm part of that 1%). I'm a big fan of the color from Giga's fixture too. Looking forward to learning and seeing you get this one assembled!

Actually if you look back a few pages you can actually find the results of the evil cluster light I made before, which is very similar to the light I'm making now.

So it looks like the build is now going into an Asis 1024 instead of an 824 since it would take about a month for Dave to get more of the 824s, so I can use another pair of T5 if I wanted to.

Archived