Top Shelf Aquatics

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

ive thought about the reef angel, do you have any experience with one? also I know the storm x offers way smoother dimming, but is it that much better than the regular storm?

Yes, I (somewhat stupidly) sold off my Reef Angel when I got the Bluefish. That was back before the Bluefish had come out and the expansions for things like relays were 6-12 months off. Here we are, 8-10 months later and we're still at 6-12 months off.

The Reef Angel was great. A lot cheaper for what you get versus Neptune and DA, and infinitely programmable. You can do just about anything with it. If you want to stick to the basics, they have a step-by-step software tool that generates and uploads the Arduino code to it, couldn't be simpler.

The Storm X has 10 more dimming channels, 12-bit PWM, and a couple of other little bits here and there, but if those aren't big deals, then you can stick with the Storm. You won't really be able to notice 8-bit dimming as it is still very smooth.

F#cking titties!

:lol: thanks man

I'm with you on the controller. The Storm or Storm X (or hell, if you think you'll want a 'full' controller in the very near future, go with Reef Angel, they natively have PWM output for controlling lights) are your best bet.

oh, and here is one of the latest FTS GIFs :)

fts.gif

Single Gyre only causing all that flow?

Hes running the 50w.

They should have a 35w coming soon, as promised.

Sell your Vortechs now. When the 35 comes out, you won't be able to.

I would love to see it when it reverses.

Ben,Is the GIF with just LED ot LED+T5?

Yep. The return pump is only pumping like 400GPH.
You have some stringy things coming from it.Any livestock casualties yet?
jedimasterben

I don't see this working out very well in my 24x24x16 tank. It would probably rip the coral right off the rock.

Sell your Vortechs now. When the 35 comes out, you won't be able to.

It's already difficult lol.

I would love to see it when it reverses.

Eh, it's really really gimped from what Maxspect has shown so far, I won't have the proper controller just yet or I'd show you.

Ben, Is the GIF with just LED ot LED+T5?

It's with everything, LEDs are average 80% each.

You have some stringy things coming from it. Any livestock casualties yet?

What?

It's with everything, LEDs are average 80% each.[/Quote]

cool.

What?

Has it sucked in anything alive(thats now dead)?

That thing is a washing machine at full power.

November 14

Im patient.

jedimasterben

cool. Has it sucked in anything alive(thats now dead)? That thing is a washing machine at full power.

Other than the macroalgae that my rabbitfish doesn't like being in the tank, no. :)

Im patient.

:lol:

That's a cool video. That new power head is going to be awesome. Your poor clown fish were trying so hard to stay in that nem at the end. Lol.

jedimasterben

That's a cool video. That new power head is going to be awesome. Your poor clown fish were trying so hard to stay in that nem at the end. Lol.

You should see the maroon clown at night. The ocellaris doesn't let it anywhere near the nem during the day, so at night the maroon sneaks in and sleeps on the underside of the nem lol

jedimasterben

The chromis looked like they were enjoying the flow until the flow started to blow them around.

They'd get used to it after a while. They live on the reef in the branches of acropora on the reef crest, so they got instinct that would kick in :)

You should see the maroon clown at night. The ocellaris doesn't let it anywhere near the nem during the day, so at night the maroon sneaks in and sleeps on the underside of the nem lol

My black and white clown does the same thing to my snow flake. She's more than double his size and is queen b!π¢h when shes awake. So he sneaks in at night and sleeps right on the edge of the nem. Lucky for him, my nem just split so they got a divorce and he has a place of his own. Lol.

jedimasterben

That's a lot of LEDs. :eek:

That's about how it's gotta be for best results. May also use the Luxeon M to cut the royal blue LEDs by four (but each M still has four Luxeon T LEDs inside), but that's TBA and a bit :ninja:

More light from more places = more better.

NirvanaandTool

Ben is never satisfied with his lights :P

So I followed your advice and got another gorgonian. Waiting on getting more til after I put my Klein's butterfly in the tank. If she doesn't have a field day with my two gorgs, I'll get moar.

jedimasterben

Yes, always pleased, but never satisfied. :)

While I do like the current setup, it just doesn't have the LED spread that I want. Most people like it (well, really the vast majority) but I was spoiled by one of my previous arrays that used two rows of LEDs spaced 12" apart.

2012_11_13__20_40_01.jpg

That array has six clusters of 2x 5000K, 4x RB, 1x DR/Cy/B, four clusters in between each of those that have 2x RB, and then in the middle are all the violets (a total of 13x), for a total of 75x LEDs. Gave a pretty sweet light, too :)

20121023-IMG_0234.jpg

Archived