inTank Media Baskets

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Now I just need to motivate myself to get out of the house and get to the post office before they close at noon lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NirvanaandTool

Let's play a game, it's called "Guess the LEDs!" :)

IMG_20140517_122708841.jpg

Let's play "Test out the Limes for the N-R crew!" instead :P

Healthy batch of LEDs there man. Fire those bad boys up.

jedimasterben

So why go with the semiLED N5 over the luxeon uvs?

Custom high-flux bins that I wish were available when I ordered the Luxeon UV :)

5800mW of flux per N5 at 14.5w. 23,200mW at 58 watts total versus 17,760mW at 50 watts total, so more efficient with even higher flux. Not to mention they were cheaper overall ($29 per N5 x 4 versus $10-12 per Luxeon UV x 16).

Let's play "Test out the Limes for the N-R crew!" instead :P

Healthy batch of LEDs there man. Fire those bad boys up.

Oh hush, you. Trying to stay out of the house for a little while so the missus can sleep. I make all kinds of ruckus if I'm home and doing projects lol.

Besides, you didn't guess which of those are limes, so NO! :)

Custom high-flux bins that I wish were available when I ordered the Luxeon UV :)

5800mW of flux per N5 at 14.5w. 23,200mW at 58 watts total versus 17,760mW at 50 watts total, so more efficient with even higher flux. Not to mention they were cheaper overall ($29 per N5 x 4 versus $10-12 per Luxeon UV x 16).

I didnt know they were available with the newer bins, but overall I am still not convinced of the build quality of semileds I will be asking you once you have these up and running for awhile. Because I dont know anyone using these yet, I was actually advised by steves that they would not be carrying these. I was looking at running these along with the m's during the design phase of my pcb, as they are the uv versions of the m's in a sense.

Paleoreef103

The sideways L arrangement?

The top 3-ups are the ones that were discussed earlier. The lower left are the limes. The upper left are the semis. I'm guessing you have some PC-amber ordered as well, but I'm not sure what the rest of these are.

Man, fans are expensive.

That's because you always buy the really good stuff.

Is it just me out are the N5s solder pads tinned?

jedimasterben

That's because you always buy the really good stuff.

These are a brand I've never heard of, but finding 50mmx50mmx10mm fans that aren't going to break the sound barrier aren't cheap lol. ~$10 each. I would love to use Scythe Gentle Typhoons, but they are only made by Nidec in 120mm form. :/

Is it just me out are the N5s solder pads tinned?

They appear to be.

I've completely forgot about fans up until now. I am literally going to put the biggest fans I can on the heatsink. Will probably going with a 200mm case fan on each one, 166 cfm should be enough.

Oh look at that lol, he even spent less than I did on violets and has a much wider spectrum. Those look amazing btw.

jedimasterben

Oh look at that lol, he even spent less than I did on violets and has a much wider spectrum. Those look amazing btw.

And if we go by the 'typical' output of the LEDgroupbuy HV, then I also have only a couple of optical watts less output, but 10 less watts power :)

jedimasterben

And a couple of hours later we have

IMG_6944.jpg

Two of Philips' most interesting diodes.

IMG_6937.jpg

Not sure why some of the LEDs say 'punchled.com', but I went there and it just forwards back to Steve's site.

I didnt know they were available with the newer bins, but overall I am still not convinced of the build quality of semileds

4-crystal LEDs by Semileds use mature technology. We don't see any problem with more than 700pcs, that was been sold till today.

Archived