Cultivated Reef

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jolee0722
The boards are made by Opulent, I picked the diodes, and had them mounted for me. Want them? :P

I know right? lol

No, I was actually looking for some way to buy mounted lime LEDs. Getting ready for my build soon. Who mounted them for you?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bdevillier19

So if I were to add lime to the mix what sort of ratio would I be shooting for? I'll be using 4 clusters of:

1--4000k vero 10

2--luxeon m RB

2--XPE2 blues

2--430 HV from LGB

But I have yet to purchase my luxeon m so I might be getting the luxeon k instead.

bdevillier19

OK. I've been hunting around and I can't find anything for luxeon z as far as mcpcb go. Like you said the opulent boards are no longer available. Any suggestions?

bdevillier19

well i found the luxeon k 8up royal blues for $9 each and $9 shipping through future electronics. does anyone have any experience with them?

jedimasterben

well i found the luxeon k 8up royal blues for $9 each and $9 shipping through future electronics. does anyone have any experience with them?

They're 8-up boards using Luxeon T diodes. Think about it. ;)

How much do these lime leds cost mounted?

They don't. They aren't available mounted. Unmounted they're ~$4-6.

bdevillier19

Sorry I meant experience with future electronics. If you say they are good then that's all I need to know mmmkay.

Hmm, lime sounds like a nice solution. Cool.

yeah I might have to try and find some to mess with-this winter I plan on redoing my led fixture and I will def have lime in it

Arkayology

yeah I might have to try and find some to mess with-this winter I plan on redoing my led fixture and I will def have lime in it

Lime seems to be the new "it" color.

jedimasterben

Sorry I meant experience with future electronics. If you say they are good then that's all I need to know mmmkay.

Lol, Future is basically Philips' distributor, they sell to just about everywhere that sells Philips diodes.

Hmm, lime sounds like a nice solution. Cool.

They're awesome.

Yep, you would probably benefit most from a 3up of the Rebel ES version, like Steve's anti-disco stars, and then afro-engineering a reflector onto it.

Lime seems to be the new "it" color.

It's too useful to ignore. :)

CrazyEyes

I really like that they help rid of the purple look that you get when using lower kelvin whites and royal blues but at the same time don't add green to the tank. At this rate I should have light over the tank by the next presidential election.

NirvanaandTool

A 3-up of lime sounds like an awesome idea. Someone talk Steve into making them. I'd be down to get some for my build.

Reefmaster1996
Wow 12?! Go big or go home I guess. Is that because you no longer are using Cyan?

Yea trust me I hear that one. It's taken me just about as long for mine. I got my BXRA 950s shortly after you finished your first setup (before you went hybrid) and its taken me this long to start to get things assembled. Except I'm not upgrading/replacing things every month like you :P. I think I finally have everything for my build (minus 2 extra violets that are coming in from LGB right now and maybe extra wire).

I'm literally on the same page, I have everything except true violet from led group buy, I feel like getting lime and luxeon a but I rather finish what I started and wait for these LEDs to be sold mounted. The only problem is by then, there will be something else, to fiddle with, I have faith in the evil cluster though so we'll see.

I can't wait see the look on the guys face who are dedicated to MH when I mention adding lime to the array.

If that's not the truth. I was literally about to start soldering LEDs tonight then I went, lemme just read about these lime leds a bit more. I wish I knew some sort of time frame it'd be before these became readily available. If a couple weeks I'm just going to hold off on the light for now, if we're talking months I'll just add them later on.

How did you come with needing/wanting 12 limes? Oh right, do they currently have reflectors available for the vero 10? I'd assume I might not need reflectors for a 21" tall tank.

bdevillier19

How did you come with needing/wanting 12 limes? Oh right, do they currently have reflectors available for the vero 10? I'd assume I might not need reflectors for a 21" tall tank.

im curious about how to come up with 12 limes as well. is there a certain ration like there is for white:blue?

jedimasterben

I can't wait see the look on the guys face who are dedicated to MH when I mention adding lime to the array.

An array using just a good Bridgelux and royals can bring the wow by themselves, everything else just makes it better!

Its just a never ending vicious cycle. LEDs are a tech junkies drug habit.

Shit, ain't that the truth! :lol:

If that's not the truth. I was literally about to start soldering LEDs tonight then I went, lemme just read about these lime leds a bit more. I wish I knew some sort of time frame it'd be before these became readily available. If a couple weeks I'm just going to hold off on the light for now, if we're talking months I'll just add them later on.

im curious about how to come up with 12 limes as well. is there a certain ration like there is for white:blue?

Not really. A dozen seems like a good number since I was planning on adding a dozen blue, I can use six 4up PCB and have them all ready to go, or use four 4up and have 8x of each, I haven't decided (and really I don't think I can get the damn boards to do it, for Rebels or the Z). I did order some special SemiLED N5-TL2-U though, so I've gotta get rid of the 4up boards I have and figure something out. Don't particularly want to use 3up boards (far too hard to solder, I never want to use them again unless they're solderless or are all run in series, or have the solder pads as far apart as possible), and 4up would allow superior blending, especially if using the Z.

Expect them to be available mounted soon. :ninja:

I personally really like the way the light looked when it was just the bxra's and Luxeon M RBs. It had a nice subtle purple look to it. I think for now I am just going to stick with the Luxeon M 4ks and RBs along with the slew of hyper violets.

frankdontsurf

I personally really like the way the light looked when it was just the bxra's and Luxeon M RBs. It had a nice subtle purple look to it. I think for now I am just going to stick with the Luxeon M 4ks and RBs along with the slew of hyper violets.

No greens?

Ben, for each 'cluster' would 12x hyper violets and 12x greens be what you think is optimal?

So Philips recently released a new chip - the Luxeon K royal blue. It has the same efficiency as the Luxeon T (which are the four chips used in the M), but has EIGHT or SIXTEEN per PCB!

R7743026-01.jpg

With the 8up board, at 350mA (21v, 5.25w) it gives 4,670mW. At an amp, it hits ~22.8v and watts, but emits 11,675mW!

Now why is that significant? Well, for the higher-wattage Vero, they're better to pair with than the M to keep the color temperature up.

For instance, the Vero 10 emits ~1,835lm at 700mA. To keep about a 12-14K color temp (depending on who you ask lol), you want to use at least a 1:14 ratio of lumens of white to milliwatts of royal blue. So, you'd need at least 25,690mW of royal blue to keep up with a single Vero 10. Keep currents at an amp, you'd need to use ~17x Rebel ES royals, ~4x Luxeon M royals, or ~2x Luxeon K 8up.

Cost of 17x Rebel ES? ~$51

Cost of 4x Luxeon M? ~$48

Cost of 2x Luxeon K 8up? ~$24

Cost of 1x Luxeon K 16up? ~$22

Awwww yeah. B)

Got my Luxeon M and remaining LDD drivers today. Just waiting on the last bits from Nanobox and I'll start putting it together!

Ugh now I'm going to have to reconsider if I will stick with the Ms or 2 of the 8 up Ks and I will now have to consider lime in my build. How soon are you talking for them to be mounted? Presumably it will be Steves or LGB?

Archived