SaltCritters.com

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

UV's are only available in the Luxeon Z package, which you really don't want to try and solder yourself. I've been doing LED reflow soldering for a number of years, and even I have trouble with them. Limes are available from Digikey, but unmounted.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NirvanaandTool

Any idea when the limes will be available mounted? I wouldn't mind adding a few to my cluster. I've got open room on my Cyan channel as there will only 4 leds on that ldd.

Finally started working on my light. Got my BXRA, M's & XPE2 B's mounted to the first of the 2 maker's heatsinks. Tonight I'll mount the cyans and hv's.

Reefmaster1996

I'm still working on an evil cluster style build, I feel so behind, I still need some led group buy true UV,wire,thermal glue, a controller and dome acrylic to hide it all, and I'll be ready to get my tan on.

Some*

Some*

jedimasterben

Any idea when the limes will be available mounted? I wouldn't mind adding a few to my cluster. I've got open room on my Cyan channel as there will only 4 leds on that ldd.

I don't know. After evil's review on Reefbuilders, I'd imagine Rapid, Steve's, and LEDgroupbuy will all be planning to carry them, I don't know which will be first though. I'm a little surprised Steve isn't already carrying them.

Finally started working on my light. Got my BXRA, M's & XPE2 B's mounted to the first of the 2 maker's heatsinks. Tonight I'll mount the cyans and hv's.

Sweet!

I'm still working on an evil cluster style build, I feel so behind, I still need some led group buy true UV,wire,thermal glue, a controller and some acrylic to hide it all, and I'll be ready to get my tan on.

Hell yeah, you're gonna love it!

So I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the lime in my build. I'm thinking of using the Luxeon Z versions and 4up boards (unfortunately the Opulent square PCB are no longer available, wtc), using 8x of them each with 2x blue and 2x lime, since I don't want to add individual stars with Rebel ES or Luxeon Z lime for better blending, but that means I'd either have WAY too much blue with my current boards. Anyone want some Luxeon UV & Z boards? :)

Reefmaster1996

If they are mounted, and I can use them with my build/ldd drivers, and the price is right I'm willing to take them of your hands, I can pm you more info about my build when I get home from school.

NirvanaandTool

I don't know. After evil's review on Reefbuilders, I'd imagine Rapid, Steve's, and LEDgroupbuy will all be planning to carry them, I don't know which will be first though. I'm a little surprised Steve isn't already carrying them.

Sweet!

Hell yeah, you're gonna love it!

So I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the lime in my build. I'm thinking of using the Luxeon Z versions and 4up boards (unfortunately the Opulent square PCB are no longer available, wtc), using 8x of them each with 2x blue and 2x lime, since I don't want to add individual stars with Rebel ES or Luxeon Z lime for better blending, but that means I'd either have WAY too much blue with my current boards. Anyone want some Luxeon UV & Z boards? :)

Yea I was surprised Steve's didnt have it too, at least in the ES version. But you are right, it is likely something that will soon be added to all the major suppliers. When that happens, I'll probably add it. Thinking 1-2 per cluster and seeing how things look.

:lol: Your build will never ever be complete. That's why I'm just sticking with what I've got and hoping it looks good blending wise. I'm cramming everything in tight so in theory, it should be ok. Cant test it til the Bluefish pre-orders go out though.

jedimasterben

If they are mounted, and I can use them with my build/ldd drivers, and the price is right I'm willing to take them of your hands, I can pm you more info about my build when I get home from school.

Yep, they're already mounted. they're the ones in this picture:

IMG_20140315_115158319.jpg

Half the boards have 1x 400nm Luxeon UV, 1x 425nm Luxeon UV, 1x Luxeon Z blue, 1x Luxeon Z cyan, the other half trade the cyan for another blue. So in total, 8x 400nm, 8x 425nm, 12x blue, 4x cyan.

Yea I was surprised Steve's didnt have it too, at least in the ES version. But you are right, it is likely something that will soon be added to all the major suppliers. When that happens, I'll probably add it. Thinking 1-2 per cluster and seeing how things look.

I am adding twelve of them to my array. :)

:lol: Your build will never ever be complete. That's why I'm just sticking with what I've got and hoping it looks good blending wise. I'm cramming everything in tight so in theory, it should be ok. Cant test it til the Bluefish pre-orders go out though.

I'm making the final tweaks right now. That is the issue with having spent so long getting everything together - the market moves forward at such a brisk pace that it's difficult to keep up! I'm gonna be ordering a few things today and will have them next week hopefully, and it'll be on like donkey kong!

Paleoreef103

I'm making the final tweaks right now. That is the issue with having spent so long getting everything together - the market moves forward at such a brisk pace that it's difficult to keep up! I'm gonna be ordering a few things today and will have them next week hopefully, and it'll be on like donkey kong!

So. What's the array going to be assuming nothing changes?

jedimasterben

4x BXRC-40G1000-B-03 or BXRC-50G1000-B-04

8x Luxeon M RB

12x Luxeon Z blue

12x Luxeon Z lime

violet :ninja:

Reefmaster1996

I have eight spots on my fixture where I was going to put those 8 true violet,I'll pm you later, this should seal the deal as far as leds for my build are concerned. In other words please hold ;)

Mr. Microscope

What does lime do and why so much? Are you trying to mix it with blue to make cyan?

NirvanaandTool

Yep, they're already mounted. they're the ones in this picture:

IMG_20140315_115158319.jpg

Half the boards have 1x 400nm Luxeon UV, 1x 425nm Luxeon UV, 1x Luxeon Z blue, 1x Luxeon Z cyan, the other half trade the cyan for another blue. So in total, 8x 400nm, 8x 425nm, 12x blue, 4x cyan.

Wow 12?! Go big or go home I guess. Is that because you no longer are using Cyan?

Yea trust me I hear that one. It's taken me just about as long for mine. I got my BXRA 950s shortly after you finished your first setup (before you went hybrid) and its taken me this long to start to get things assembled. Except I'm not upgrading/replacing things every month like you :P. I think I finally have everything for my build (minus 2 extra violets that are coming in from LGB right now and maybe extra wire).

Everytweak is a final tweak and then phillips comes out with a shiny new idea and you can't help yourself. ;):P

What does lime do and why so much? Are you trying to mix it with blue to make cyan?

Lime is a phosphor converted green LED. What that means is that it's a blue LED at it's base, with a phosphor applied (similar to a white LED) to make the output green. The benefit here is that the spectral peak is shifted a little higher than typical green LEDs where the peak human eye sensitivity is, and the spectral output is much much wider than a direct color green LED. What this does for you is makes the light a lot brighter without altering the color temperature much, and increasing the color rendering in certain areas that are usually lacking in white LEDs, and systems where direct color LEDs are mixed in (usually direct color LEDs have little to no options between 530nm and 590nm). It also rids the tank of any hint of purple tinge from the combination of neutral/warm white and royal blue, but never adds a green cast to the tank like you can sometimes get from running too much green/cyan.

jedimasterben

Wow 12?! Go big or go home I guess. Is that because you no longer are using Cyan?

Yea trust me I hear that one. It's taken me just about as long for mine. I got my BXRA 950s shortly after you finished your first setup (before you went hybrid) and its taken me this long to start to get things assembled. Except I'm not upgrading/replacing things every month like you :P. I think I finally have everything for my build (minus 2 extra violets that are coming in from LGB right now and maybe extra wire).

I could add more if you want me to ;)

Are you sure you've got everything? You don't want some Luxeon Z? ;)

Everytweak is a final tweak and then phillips comes out with a shiny new idea and you can't help yourself. ;):P

You finally figured it out :lol:

Lime is a phosphor converted green LED. What that means is that it's a blue LED at it's base, with a phosphor applied (similar to a white LED) to make the output green. The benefit here is that the spectral peak is shifted a little higher than typical green LEDs where the peak human eye sensitivity is, and the spectral output is much much wider than a direct color green LED. What this does for you is makes the light a lot brighter without altering the color temperature much, and increasing the color rendering in certain areas that are usually lacking in white LEDs, and systems where direct color LEDs are mixed in (usually direct color LEDs have little to no options between 530nm and 590nm). It also rids the tank of any hint of purple tinge from the combination of neutral/warm white and royal blue, but never adds a green cast to the tank like you can sometimes get from running too much green/cyan.

the_man_the_myth_the_legend_tile_coaster

NirvanaandTool

LOL nope. No more spending on LEDs. Need to have money to spend on fish! Well maybe a little on a few limes ;)

jedimasterben

I'm getting some Rebel ES lime from Dave Fason, but the Luxeon Z will probably come from Mouser.

frankdontsurf

4x BXRC-40G1000-B-03 or BXRC-50G1000-B-04

8x Luxeon M RB

12x Luxeon Z blue

12x Luxeon Z lime

violet :ninja:

Final Revision. Lol.

jedimasterben

Who made those boards for you, Ben?

The boards are made by Opulent, I picked the diodes, and had them mounted for me. Want them? :P

Final Revision. Lol.

I know right? lol

Archived