Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Should I use all 4 that I'll have left over? Any blues or anything?

And if I run all 4, would 350ma each suffice? And all on a makers 6"?

The most electrically efficient grow light for algae would be a mixture of 660nm and 450nm Rebels, but having a LOT of white light still works almost as well (just a bit left efficient).

So has steve gotten proper cool blues yet or do they still tend towards a cyanish hue?

Need to decide on who to order cool blues from.

No, theirs are still bin 4 for blue and bin 2 for cyan (which is 475-480nm and 495-500nm, respectively), and Jeff said that their customers prefer it since otherwise they are too similar in hue.

LEDDoc_zpsd89cc5c9.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I should use that as the excuse for the limes and the new drivers and such and see what my wife says. "The Jedi made me do it!"

I just told her its a color I don't have but should have. She was like "well ok, that makes sense" and that was it. Simple.

LOL sweet :)

I'm glad my wife has simply stopped asking lol

Phew I'm not the only one. Old school BXRA crew!

The phosphors are still the same between them, just the diodes themselves are different.

I thought the one floating around on ebay was a meanwell PS. NES-350-48. That's the model I got from Mouser at least. It only cost me like $56 so if it dies, I'll find a HLG.

Most of the ones on ebay are not genuine Meanwell, they're knockoffs like the ones LEDgroupbuy sells.

So is the lime just a white or does it have a slight green tint? I have yet to see any picture or seen it in person. I putting a lit together but the led light for my button wood thats going in my mangrove reef and for my vivarium

for the button wood it's as follows

2 x vero 18's run on parallel ( 500ma each)

1 x 8 up luxeon k royal blue

4 x uv

2 x red,abmer,deep red 3 ups luxeon ES

should I add lime in there somewhere, I really want to to help make it brighter and round out the spectrum maybe a blue cyan lime combo?

jedimasterben

So is the lime just a white or does it have a slight green tint? I have yet to see any picture or seen it in person. I putting a lit together but the led light for my button wood thats going in my mangrove reef and for my vivarium

for the button wood it's as follows

2 x vero 18's run on parallel ( 500ma each)

1 x 8 up luxeon k royal blue

4 x uv

2 x red,abmer,deep red 3 ups luxeon ES

should I add lime in there somewhere, I really want to to help make it brighter and round out the spectrum maybe a blue cyan lime combo?

Lime are just that - lime in color.

For the viv, I would skip adding royal blue and probably other colors and just stick to white unless you want to alter the color temperature.

Paleoreef103

I don't think that the warm white would be necessary, the only thing it has on the Vero chips (besides the warmer and higher CRI whites) would be the red peak, in which case I would just add PC amber instead, but realistically they should not need supplementation.

Yeah, I was more thinking of it as a way of upgrading 3W fixtures though I do think if you're adding straight red LEDs, I'd rather use a 2.7K WW instead. The meat of the 2700K WW seems to cover both red and deep red areas of the spectrum pretty well which I think makes it ideal to add to a NW:RB:B array. Next tank I set up will be evil clusters, but until then I don't have any reason to toss out my 3W array.

NirvanaandTool

The most electrically efficient grow light for algae would be a mixture of 660nm and 450nm Rebels, but having a LOT of white light still works almost as well (just a bit left efficient).

No, theirs are still bin 4 for blue and bin 2 for cyan (which is 475-480nm and 495-500nm, respectively), and Jeff said that their customers prefer it since otherwise they are too similar in hue.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL sweet :)

I'm glad my wife has simply stopped asking lol

The phosphors are still the same between them, just the diodes themselves are different.

Most of the ones on ebay are not genuine Meanwell, they're knockoffs like the ones LEDgroupbuy sells.

Haha I cant imagine what your wife must think with all the crap you order.

Mine just wants to know when the tank will be started so she can start picking out fish.

Sweet. That's good to hear that there's not too much of a difference. Cause I'm not switching lol. I probably will use my extra 2 950s for fuge lighting or something like that.

Ah really? Well I'm glad I went with Mouser then. Should be authentic Meanwell from them.

Idiot question time. Are you securing your Luxeon M's to the heatsink with thermal adhesive or are you securing them with screws? I'm literally having the hardest time getting mine to stay down using 4-40 screws w/ #4 nylon washers. I thought about using a bigger washer but then the reflector won't fit. Might just have to secure them with thermal adhesive.

I used the 4-40 w/ #4 nylon washers. Just have to be careful to not to screw it too tight or the push the boards to the side.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I was more thinking of it as a way of upgrading 3W fixtures though I do think if you're adding straight red LEDs, I'd rather use a 2.7K WW instead. The meat of the 2700K WW seems to cover both red and deep red areas of the spectrum pretty well which I think makes it ideal to add to a NW:RB:B array. Next tank I set up will be evil clusters, but until then I don't have any reason to toss out my 3W array.

I see - so just a quick n dirty addition to older arrays. It would do well for that, then :)

Haha I cant imagine what your wife must think with all the crap you order.

She doesn't care as long as the delivery people don't wake her up in the afternoons if she's working that night lol

Mine just wants to know when the tank will be started so she can start picking out fish.

Mine has claimed the living room nano and has already picked out fish, anemones, and corals that she wants lol

Ah really? Well I'm glad I went with Mouser then. Should be authentic Meanwell from them.

Correct, Mouser is a Meanwell distributor.

Idiot question time. Are you securing your Luxeon M's to the heatsink with thermal adhesive or are you securing them with screws? I'm literally having the hardest time getting mine to stay down using 4-40 screws w/ #4 nylon washers. I thought about using a bigger washer but then the reflector won't fit. Might just have to secure them with thermal adhesive.

I used the 4-40 w/ #4 nylon washers. Just have to be careful to not to screw it too tight or the push the boards to the side.

Yep, this.

jedimasterben

You pretty much just Google the part number. Above is the 5k, the 4k is bxrc-40g1000-b-03

NirvanaandTool

I see - so just a quick n dirty addition to older arrays. It would do well for that, then :)

She doesn't care as long as the delivery people don't wake her up in the afternoons if she's working that night lol

Mine has claimed the living room nano and has already picked out fish, anemones, and corals that she wants lol

Correct, Mouser is a Meanwell distributor.

Yep, this.

LOL ya that would suck to get woken up cause your next batch of LEDs came in.

Nice! Taught her well. Mine hasn't gotten to that point yet to want her own tank. She just wants me to get pretty fish and stop getting venomous fish that look like rocks :lol:

I picked out a few 'pretty' options that won't get eaten by my future lions/scorps so that's gonna have to do.

Sweet. Well now I'm really glad I spent the extra couple bucks at Mouser.

Ditto. 4-40 & #4s. Used 3 screws per M just to be sure it was secure.

jedimasterben

LOL ya that would suck to get woken up cause your next batch of LEDs came in.

She's at least got the Fedex dude trained, he no longer knocks unless something requires a signature :)

Nice! Taught her well. Mine hasn't gotten to that point yet to want her own tank. She just wants me to get pretty fish and stop getting venomous fish that look like rocks :lol:

lol, I figured out that I'm collecting venomous fish that don't look like rocks, I've got a rabbitfish and fang blenny so far, and my tang has, well, tangs on it that could be potentially very painful :)

Sweet. Well now I'm really glad I spent the extra couple bucks at Mouser.

Yep, you can pretty much always expect quality from Mouser and Digi-key.

Got my 90CRi Vero in yesterday, along with the lime/blue Z, and USPS attempted delivery of the violets, but they needed a signature, so gonna go pick them up after work today. Now all I'm waiting on are the Z boards and the T5 mounts from Dave, and I should be all set to start wiring everything up! I'm gonna start epoxying everything to the heatsink this weekend if I have time to, got a lot to do!

jedimasterben

Depends on the Vero. The BXRA have a die size of around 15mm or so. The Vero models are rated by their die size, so the Vero 10 is 10mm, 13 is 13mm, etc. You can go to the Ledil site and do product search and figure out which reflectors work with which chips.

NirvanaandTool

She's at least got the Fedex dude trained, he no longer knocks unless something requires a signature :)

lol, I figured out that I'm collecting venomous fish that don't look like rocks, I've got a rabbitfish and fang blenny so far, and my tang has, well, tangs on it that could be potentially very painful :)

Yep, you can pretty much always expect quality from Mouser and Digi-key.

Got my 90CRi Vero in yesterday, along with the lime/blue Z, and USPS attempted delivery of the violets, but they needed a signature, so gonna go pick them up after work today. Now all I'm waiting on are the Z boards and the T5 mounts from Dave, and I should be all set to start wiring everything up! I'm gonna start epoxying everything to the heatsink this weekend if I have time to, got a lot to do!

Hahaha that's awesome.

Nice. I always wanted a fang blenny- actually had a canary but it died in QT. Probably will get a rabbit for my 90. That's one of the pretty fish that the wife likes. Nothing like a little danger in the tank. :lol:

Honestly I feel like the rabbits are easier to get stung by than lions/scorps. My brother's old scribbed rabbit would buzz your hand when you put in algae sheets - wouldn't even let you clip it on before he started attacking it with gusto. Meanwhile you'd have to pretty much put your hand right on a waspfish to get stung.

NICE! Get to work in testing out those limes for the rest of us. We are impatiently waiting. :P

jedimasterben

A store out of town got a shipment of these, so I wasn't able to get to the post office to pick up the violets, nor did I go and get the limes and such from Steve's that should have been delivered today to my grandparents' house. :P

Archived