Innovative Marine Aquariums

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are new. I check their site every few weeks.

The Z ES is strictly white, and higher output. Think of them in the same fashion as Rebels and Rebel ES LEDs. The Z ES has a different footprint than the regular Zs. All the regular Zs, including the lime and UV/violets have the same footprint.

bdevillier19

oh ok. thanks for the clarification. not sure where those boards ship from but shipping wasnt too bad.

jedimasterben

so after doing some google surfing i found these. what do you think ben?

http://www.led-mounting-bases.com/product.php?id_product=345

and what is the difference between the rebel z and the rebel z es? is the rebel uv the same footpritnt as the rebel z?

I love you, mang! Ordered half a dozen. Ordering lime and blue Z now :)

Those are new. I check their site every few weeks.

The Z ES is strictly white, and higher output. Think of them in the same fashion as Rebels and Rebel ES LEDs. The Z ES has a different footprint than the regular Zs. All the regular Zs, including the lime and UV/violets have the same footprint.

I believe that the Z ES has the same footprint as the Luxeon T, but the package itself is smaller.

bdevillier19

Where did you order the z's from? I was thinking of doing 2 4up boards with 2 lime and 2 blue to go with a vero 10, 2 lux k 8up, and 3 430 HV per cluster. What do you think? Keep in mind I have 4 clusters and 6 boards doesn't divide well into 4 clusters. So 8 boards it is. Are you planning on having Steve do the reflow work again? I want to get this stuff ordered asap so if you wouldn't mind pm me a list or something so I have something to reference. Pretty please : )

jedimasterben

The Z are from mouser, though I believe digi-key has the same flux bins of both and they're about the same price. Surprisingly, future carries no lime in both z and rebel!

I asked Steve's to do mine again, well see what they say lol. If they don't, I'm not sure who will, I suck big ones at trying to reflow.

You sure you don't just want my boards? ;)

If steves wont do it I would ask LGB and Rapid to see if they know someone for reflowing in the states.

I now am going to do 8 boards of the 4 up Z's. 1CB, 1L and 2 425UV on the board if I can find someone out here to do the reflow.

The UV fits on the Z mcpcb board right?

bdevillier19

is it the boards from a few pages back? 2 uv, 1 blue and 1 cyan on 4 and 2uv ,2 blue on the other 4?

bdevillier19

also where are you finding the 90cri veros? let me know what steves says so i dont order these impossible small leds that i have no way of mounting.

I love you, mang! Ordered half a dozen. Ordering lime and blue Z now :)

I believe that the Z ES has the same footprint as the Luxeon T, but the package itself is smaller.

Z ES has a unique footprint. Think of it as a tiny Rebel.

jedimasterben
If steves wont do it I would ask LGB and Rapid to see if they know someone for reflowing in the states.

I now am going to do 8 boards of the 4 up Z's. 1CB, 1L and 2 425UV on the board if I can find someone out here to do the reflow.

The UV fits on the Z mcpcb board right?

Yes, they are the same package.

what's on your boards and how much?

is it the boards from a few pages back? 2 uv, 1 blue and 1 cyan on 4 and 2uv ,2 blue on the other 4?

Yep, that's them.

also where are you finding the 90cri veros? let me know what steves says so i dont order these impossible small leds that i have no way of mounting.

The Vero are available from pretty much all of the Bridgelux distributors now. Mouser, digikey, Newark.

Z ES has a unique footprint. Think of it as a tiny Rebel.

The packages are different, but the solder pads look to be identical in size and arrangement. I've gotta look at the data sheets again and compare, but I know that the T has a very small solder pad area in relation to the package size.

bdevillier19

Talked to Steve's, and they'll have the lime mounted and for sale around Wednesday!

Sweet. Makes it easier for everyone even if they are the rebel series. I'd like to use the luxeon z but cost wise a single rebel lime per mcpcb makes it cheaper I'd imagine.

bdevillier19

it probably would as the vero series of LEDs are extremely powerful, not to mention the luxeon k's. i am running 4 clusters on a tank with a 48x16.5 foot print. not for the need of power but for the even spread and to try and minimize any spot lighting. so instead of 2-3 clusters running at higher power, i'm doing 4 at lower power.

jedimasterben

Those would be the rebel versions, correct?

Correct, since everything else they've got is Rebel-based.

Sweet. Makes it easier for everyone even if they are the rebel series. I'd like to use the luxeon z but cost wise a single rebel lime per mcpcb makes it cheaper I'd imagine.

If you were making a custom PCB, then you could mix and match, or if they had already developed a PCB that incorporated the Z, but at this point, they are still slightly lower output for about the same price as Rebels, and blending with Rebels is still pretty good.

Would one cluster suffice 12" over a 24x24x24 cube?

it probably would as the vero series of LEDs are extremely powerful, not to mention the luxeon k's. i am running 4 clusters on a tank with a 48x16.5 foot print. not for the need of power but for the even spread and to try and minimize any spot lighting. so instead of 2-3 clusters running at higher power, i'm doing 4 at lower power.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/323517-ct-7567-the-ledt5-nanobox-hybrid-evil-cluster/page-18#entry4353709

Well that's going to make me second guess not including them in my build lol!

:)

fredfish01

Since this seems to be the 'everything cool about leds' thread as much as about Jedi's build, I thought I would toss this in here. I found another place that will custom mount Luxeon leds on 3-up, 4-up or 7-up configurations.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/custom-led-assemblies

The emmiters are not cheap, but for those of us north of the 49th, this is a very good option as it eliminates customs and all the nonsense that adds. Even better though, they carry PC amber. :D

I wonder if/when they will start doing Luxeon z?

Archived