Innovative Marine Aquariums

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

ledt5hybrid.png

I'm loving this new hybrid thing. Why so many violets? Just cause they're PAR monsters or do they really add to the overall color?

BTW, you can weld?! Awesome!

I'm loving this new hybrid thing. Why so many violets? Just cause they're PAR monsters or do they really add to the overall color?

BTW, you can weld?! Awesome!

I was originally going for more growth potential since violet has a far higher PUR - but according to my research in the time between then and now, I don't think it's quite as necessary and it may be easier to photosaturate with violet.

My grandpa taught me to weld when I was around 12 or 13, but I haven't done it in a long time - and I was never very good at it like he is LOL

I was originally going for more growth potential since violet has a far higher PUR - but according to my research in the time between then and now, I don't think it's quite as necessary and it may be easier to photosaturate with violet.

My grandpa taught me to weld when I was around 12 or 13, but I haven't done it in a long time - and I was never very good at it like he is LOL

4 Ms per 950? I kind of thought 4 per 950 was overkill.

Dude, I love T5/LED lights. I at one point was going to add T5's to mine. Actually, before I started the current fixture I was going to go all T5. When you say evenely lit, do you mean just in back, front and sides or is the whole thing real spotty? I do like the idea of adding t5's so fill in the spots without burning your corneas from extra strips on the outsides. I don't know too much about t5's other than they can look really good when mixed correctly but, I'd assume even with the best reflectors they need to be placed fairly close to the water surface to offer anything other than color right?

4 Ms per 950? I kind of thought 4 per 950 was overkill.

RIght now I've got four 950 at 500mA (so half current) and 12 RB M at 700mA (7/10 current). That results in approximately 4600 lumens of white and 52,800mW of royal blue, so a 1:11.5 ratio and results in a nice crisp white with a blue tint.

If I run two 950 at 1000mA and eight RB M at 1000mA, that results in approximately 4,160 lumens of white and 49,600mW of royal blue, so a 1:11.9 ratio, so should keep the same color temperature.

Dude, I love T5/LED lights. I at one point was going to add T5's to mine. Actually, before I started the current fixture I was going to go all T5. When you say evenely lit, do you mean just in back, front and sides or is the whole thing real spotty?

Just the far edges on the left and right (and in the corners). My tank just isn't tall enough to have the spread and refraction needed for it to be evenly lit.

This is what my old array looked like, was super even with no spotlighting, but ran no lenses and the 3up stars were spread around. You can see the ridiculous light spill.

20121023-IMG_0228.jpg

20121023-IMG_0231.jpg

20121023-IMG_0234.jpg

I do like the idea of adding t5's so fill in the spots without burning your corneas from extra strips on the outsides. I don't know too much about t5's other than they can look really good when mixed correctly but, I'd assume even with the best reflectors they need to be placed fairly close to the water surface to offer anything other than color right?

Basically. These two that I have give like 10-20 PAR at the distance I'm expecting them to be, but I only care about the even lighting, so who knows if I'll even be running them near their capacity.

Even with the second best reflectors one can buy (MIRO) and driving them exactly at spec and actively cooled, nope. That's why you can't use few bulbs for deeper tanks, not with good PAR, anyway. And it may be that I'm not measuring exactly in the center of the bulbs (closer to the ends, where light drops off), but realistically they don't put out much and are too spread out to be useful for anything that essentially being floodlights.

Have you seen the white 72* reflector for the bxra? Requires a molex, but would give better spread and might prevent using T5s. You could crank up the bxra and solve the visual issue as well.

Have you seen the white 72* reflector for the bxra? Requires a molex, but would give better spread and might prevent using T5s. You could crank up the bxra and solve the visual issue as well.

Interesting, do you have anymore info on these? I.e where they can be purchased? I'd send my 50° optics back quick if I could find these.

Hmmm. Looking at the Lenina XW now. THe diameter is significantly higher, like on the Barbara (74mm for the Lenina XW, 45mm for the Brooke W). Pretty pricy (at $8 each), but the wider angle would be very nice, 74 degrees versus 50.

There is an extra wide version of the Barbara for the Luxeon M, but it does not exist except in datasheets apparently lol.

Interesting, do you have anymore info on these? I.e where they can be purchased? I'd send my 50° optics back quick if I could find these.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ledil/CN12960_LENINA-XW/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMut%2FnED8Y97HkiwhsS0HfSQSMMhMdmzmx0%3D

Also guys, what the frack is up with the Ledil Rita??? http://ledil.com/node/2/p/6852

a08053-RITA-WAS.jpg

30468f-C12516_RITA-WAS_(LUXEON_M)_Linear

Hell if these reflectors solved your issues $8/reflector is a small price to when you take into account, the cost of buying the t5's(unless you had them already), bulb replacement, energy to run. I might give these a shot, atleast they attach with a Molex so you can swap them out for the Brookes if not satisfied. Do you know if these use the same molex connectors that the Brookes do? Thanks for finding that. I looking all over the Ledil site.

I found one that says it fits M, called a Boom - XW viewing angle of 70° then the Barbara - XW you mentioned is 75°.

As you know, I'm going from 100% LED driven to a T5/LED mix. Sacrilegious maybe? No, just a necessary evil sometimes. In my case, they're doing not much more than providing some additional coloration that I haven't been able to replicate with LED. Then again, I haven't been doing the kind of experimenting that others are doing. I didn't even know the BXRA existed until starting reading around this forum.

Hell if these reflectors solved your issues $8/reflector is a small price to when you take into account, the cost of buying the t5's(unless you had them already), bulb replacement, energy to run.

IMG_20130919_213345951_HDR.jpg

The Coral+ bulbs kinda suck knobs, though.

I might give these a shot, atleast they attach with a Molex so you can swap them out for the Brookes if not satisfied. Do you know if these use the same molex connectors that the Brookes do? Thanks for finding that. I looking all over the Ledil site.

I have no idea if they fit, honestly. They should, since there's really only one style of Molex socket for the BXRA ES series, but if not, you could just use some silicone to hold it on.

I found one that says it fits M, called a Boom - XW viewing angle of 70° then the Barbara - XW you mentioned is 75°.

Only one site has the Boom XW, though, verical.com and it looks legit. Looks like it wouldn't arrive until at least October 15th, though. :/

EDIT: and minimum order is 112 units. NOPE.

As you know, I'm going from 100% LED driven to a T5/LED mix. Sacrilegious maybe? No, just a necessary evil sometimes. In my case, they're doing not much more than providing some additional coloration that I haven't been able to replicate with LED. Then again, I haven't been doing the kind of experimenting that others are doing. I didn't even know the BXRA existed until starting reading around this forum.

I've had no issues with coloration (with reds, oranges, pinks, and purples all being as vibrant as can be), but I've been pushing the boundaries, especially as far as violet spectra is concerned.

Is it for a car?

No, looks like for specific spotlighting. http://www.ledil.com/rita-a http://www.electronicsweekly.com/led-luminaries/interior-lighting/you-might-have-missed-it-ledil-rita-2013-05/

I may actually be ordering a few because they're less than $2 each and I can probably come up with a way to use them!

That thing looks like a urinal....

If the fixture is going inside a canopy, could you rig it to fit inside a MH reflector? I've considered this with mine, but don't have any sitting around.

Only one site has the Boom XW, though, verical.com and it looks legit. Looks like it wouldn't arrive until at least October 15th, though. :/

EDIT: and minimum order is 112 units. NOPE.

Christ sakes, I saw mouser has the Boom- XW, not in stock at the moment, but their site said order min 1, I emailed them asking about when they think it might be available and if I can order 8. I sure as hell hope so, I'd much rather have the 70° for the M's and Bxra's. I know it will be affect par some but I can run the fixture a little lower and turn them up if need be. Those Ritas would be real nice for adding light to maybe a specific coral or who knows what else.

That thing looks like a urinal....

:haha: :haha:

If the fixture is going inside a canopy, could you rig it to fit inside a MH reflector? I've considered this with mine, but don't have any sitting around.

Well, besides the fact that a MH reflector would be expensive and bulky, the LEDs really need individual reflectors for efficiency reasons, otherwise it's basically as if they have no reflector at all.

Christ sakes, I saw mouser has the Boom- XW, not in stock at the moment, but their site said order min 1, I emailed them asking about when they think it might be available and if I can order 8. I sure as hell hope so, I'd much rather have the 70° for the M's and Bxra's. I know it will be affect par some but I can run the fixture a little lower and turn them up if need be. Those Ritas would be real nice for adding light to maybe a specific coral or who knows what else.

It doesn't even pull up Mouser when I google for it lol. Maybe you have better Google-fu than I do!

I think for the Ritas to work you would just need the LEDs to be off-center to where you point them to. But something I didn't intially think about is that the water's surface will reflect a good bit of the light, especially if there is a lot of surface agitation.

Archived