inTank Media Baskets

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

Also guys, what the frack is up with the Ledil Rita??? http://ledil.com/node/2/p/6852

a08053-RITA-WAS.jpg

This one is actually rather easy to explain. The guys at LEDiL were doing some good drugs one day and thought that Asymetrical beam reflections would be funny. Then they tried it out and it actually worked good enough to feel like a sellable product.

Looks like a good way to spotlight violets on light intensive corals without frying softies.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NirvanaandTool

Wider reflectors for the BXRA and LuxM? Whoa nice. Who's going to try them?

I'm actually ok with the tighter reflector on the two since I've got a 24" tall tank. But if I had a shallower tank I'd probably return my Brookes and get the 70deg Lenina.

Rita is one weird lady. I mean reflector.

This one is actually rather easy to explain. The guys at LEDiL were doing some good drugs one day and thought that Asymetrical beam reflections would be funny. Then they tried it out and it actually worked good enough to feel like a sellable product.

Looks like a good way to spotlight violets on light intensive corals without frying softies.

:lol: :lol:

Wider reflectors for the BXRA and LuxM? Whoa nice. Who's going to try them?

I'm actually ok with the tighter reflector on the two since I've got a 24" tall tank. But if I had a shallower tank I'd probably return my Brookes and get the 70deg Lenina.

Rita is one weird lady. I mean reflector.

Check out the PAR readings I'm getting from my current array with the Brookes and a 16" hang height. Even at half current, 4x of the 950 put out some high PAR. If I put them close together, they'd give more total PAR than any premade fixture out there, methinks. :)

You will probably want to do one Blue + with the coral +.

It's all or nothing, otherwise the front/back will be white and the other half will be blue and will look like turds.

And around 12" apart? Not a chance.

If you hold two different CFl bulbs a few inches apart and raise them up, you can still see the difference in their color, even if it is only a few thousand kelvin. Going from a stark white bulb to one that is totally blue would look terrible IMHO.

I'm obviously not a fan of uneven lighting :lol:

Still get over how much bigger those Leninas are compared to the Brookes. And that price difference is still crazy. I guess I'll see how the Brooke W's doing over a 22" tall tank before I spend $8/reflector.

NirvanaandTool

Check out the PAR readings I'm getting from my current array with the Brookes and a 16" hang height. Even at half current, 4x of the 950 put out some high PAR. If I put them close together, they'd give more total PAR than any premade fixture out there, methinks. :)

Oh ya I remember. Thats what I bought them :P

Jedi, Thanks for giving me an idea for my next build which will go over the 80g Deep Blue. Most likely will start getting everything for that build soon and sunset the solana.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Nope, no new reflectors or bulbs. Buttttt....

IMG_20131006_161615680.jpg

IMG_20131006_161642716.jpg

If I could have convinced my wife to help me get the current LEDs down, then I would be unsoldering/resoldering them in place right now. I may still start that tonight.

jedimasterben

Bamboozled my wife into helping me get the old array down after we got home. Got to work about an hour after that, and just finished up a few minutes ago. I took the old array apart, desoldered all the LEDs, removed all the screws and pulled the LEDs off, put them on the new heatsinks, screwed them all down, and soldered them all, running the wires to the LDD drivers. Just need to run the wires to the power supply and dimming wires to the controller, and the dimming wires from the T5 ballast to the Reef Angel (will also need to reprogram it with the lighting schedule) And I will be all set.

IMG_20131006_222347582.jpgIMG_20131007_240937383.jpg

Bamboozled my wife into helping me get the old array down after we got home. Got to work about an hour after that, and just finished up a few minutes ago. I took the old array apart, desoldered all the LEDs, removed all the screws and pulled the LEDs off, put them on the new heatsinks, screwed them all down, and soldered them all, running the wires to the LDD drivers. Just need to run the wires to the power supply and dimming wires to the controller, and the dimming wires from the T5 ballast to the Reef Angel (will also need to reprogram it with the lighting schedule) And I will be all set.

IMG_20131006_222347582.jpgIMG_20131007_240937383.jpg

I know how much tedious work just went into all that

jedimasterben

Nice work!

Now fire it up!

Still has a couple of hours of work before I can do that :P

I know how much tedious work just went into all that

Probably like five hours between all the stuff I listed :lol:

jedimasterben

Distributed light. The LEDs need to be arranged very differently to have proper spread that I prefer, like my old array that ran no lenses (but spilled more light outside the tank than in it, it seemed :lol:

With this, it won't matter how high they are hung, as just the two 36" T5 tubes cover the 48"x24" area evenly.

Archived