SaltCritters.com

Once In A Life-time Nano!!!

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

thanks for being honest Krap (J/k).. i do agree.. did you say u were trying to go halide to? BTW thanks for the tip on the fans... Have you listened to the fan on that fixture that comes with the M-tank... OMG!!! i can hear it clear across the room over my computer... and my PC is running these two huge fans all the time...!

JMT... i just may make a trip down there... but i also might be getting a #### ton of LR from this ladies 90 gallon tank... her husband died and she doesn't want to take care of it ne more... not giving it away but she's asking 900 for it... i'm trying to convince the Barbe half of the Barbe-Hatten project to buy it... if he does... i'm gonna bum some rock off of him... if it looks good...

thanks for offering directions... i'll let you know if i come down there..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

$208.95

150/175 watt electronic Ballast

10,000k USHIO bulb

Spider reflector and base

power cord

33ft 18 gauge cable

high temp wire nuts

Shipping

Hellolights.com

$900 for the whole tank, or just the rock?

That's $6/lb. just for the rock assuming that she has about 150lbs in that thing. Not *that* great of a deal if you ask me. I guess it depends on if you want cured rock, or want some rock to cycle your tank (which you need).

-Justin

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

my rock?....

no no no ... an entire 90 gallon setup... apparently this guy was heavy into reef tanks.. they sold their fish for like $2000...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i like the rock the way it is ... there are so many holes and little caverns in it that you can almost see through it...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Now, like i was saying... the plumbing LOOKED like ####e*... i spent all day today fixing it... i went to home depot to find a drill bit to drill the holes for my make shift bulkheads (see below)... i needed a 13/16 in hole or slightly larger... well the only bit i could find was a wood boring bit... now... i've used one before on plexiglass when we were cutting holes in the tops of the covers for the tanks in the built-in-wall system (see DIY > lightng for my custom setup (cheap!!!)), they were for your fingers to pull the tops off... they looked like they had been melted into the plastic... i didn't think the bit would do very good for my situation either, but i just went very slow and it worked out great, even thought he bit was bent out of the package (not in the drill crooked, bent)... i'll post a pic below... i drilled pilot holes first and used a tupperware container to catch the debris... i'll explain more after i get the pics posted for the forementioned info...

Looking good BHP... I've just gotten back from a run... off to the shower, then to Wally World for a large tupperware (for holding all my SHTUFF whilst I make the transfer... then... PICS PICS PICS! Hopefully your mod pics are posted by then...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

so i re-did the piping... adjusted the pump flow.... and it's good to go... not as many bubbles for some reason... i also got one of those magnetic glass cleaners too..

the back of my hood is restimg on the pvc, but it's straight... it doesn't vibrate or anything... you can't even see the nozzles for the black back ground...

Okay... so an incredibly HARRIED kraphty is now moved into the beautiful Finnex 18... the first couple of pics are gonna be really cloudy... for obvious reason... Okay... actually not THAT cloudy, but they look prett sedimented... here goes.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

F-n' right!!! i was gonna telly ou to, but i didn't want to tell you to if you were planing on startin' your own post...

Rear shot:

The bag is Bio Chem Sorb... mix of carbon and resin... I might put it down a level, but I kinda like having it there....

Archived